Selo OW spawn rate actually slower after patch - VT hasn't spawned in 4 days now

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by I Love Lamp, Apr 20, 2019.

1. I Love Lamp Elder

Just like the title says... Whatever patch was implemented to give the live servers the current progression server spawn rate is NOT working as intended.

None of the raid targets in VT, other than the 2 Thall Va Xakras, have spawned since the 4/19 patch was implemented. The last OW AHR kill was on Tuesday 4/16. AHR prior to the patch was spawning every 3 days. It has now been 4 days and still no sign of ANY repops in VT.

PLEASE DEVS STOP BEING SO BAD AT YOUR JOBS
  2. Spooky Augur

Faceless killed them

LOL JK
  3. dmccollum Elder

I'm actually thinking they did mess up and it's 50% less now. Camping Grenix Mucktail for almost 4 hours now.
  4. Zinkeh Augur

I sat in /sup last night from 8pm to 130 AM. I saw Zero....named. That alone is goofy and definitely not a 50% increase. I'm currently at the Squire in Uguk. 20 spawns now, 1 squire..

Something is off.
  5. Captain Video Augur

I love me some hotfix in the morning.
  6. GNOME_POWER Augur

7. Selo_slinky New Member

There has been a patch Wed, Thurs and a server crash on Friday. Are you sure this didn't mess up open world boss respawns? It seems somewhat premature to assume the sky is falling when it's only been a few days and there was a straight up server crash within that time.

I would agree there is something off with rare spawns on Selo though since weekend XP/rare increase dropped, it almost seems to be working reverse on Selo or not at all.
  8. Machentoo Augur

Open world boss respawns are not impacted by server downtime, at all. They untied that many years ago.
  9. dmccollum Elder

It's not just Selo server.
  10. Zinkeh Augur

There's definitely something not working right. When Agnarr did the +rare spawn thing you saw a big upswing in traffic of items. I spoke to folks in the other picks of Guk last night and most of them had seen very few or no named at the assassin camp either.
    I've now been at squire for a good 4ish
    hours and have seen 2 squires in that time period..at 15ish minutes per spawn thats a fair amount of spawns that he didn't show up for.
  11. theonetheonly New Member

VT is normally not tied to server downtimes. In fact, the Thalls spawned at the time we would have expected with *live* spawn timers rather than the TLP spawn timers. The last time the majority of OW VT bosses were alive was Monday, 4/15 and Tuesday 4/16. Even the very last boss that was killed is well past the expected spawn window, with some nearing 48 hours late for TLP.

They definitely seem to have accidentally linked the spawn timers in the wrong direction. Rather than reducing live spawn timers to TLP times as implied, they seem to have done the complete opposite.
  12. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Fabled code maybe?

Edit: eh, idk if that'd effect the entire zone. I'm just sleepy.
  13. theonetheonly New Member

Now closing in on 48 hours since crash on Friday. Since then we have seen 2 pairs of Thalls -- one on immediately after the crash and a pair that spawned last night. Looks like their spawn timers might be as expected, maybe a bit longer than before. Still none of the real bosses, though.
  14. That0neguy Augur

Wrong. Some like VT are not affected by it. The vast majority are, CT, ST, NToV, SSRA, etc are all affected by server downtime.
  15. Fascination New Member

@devs please fix this.
  16. Brallzus New Member

This error is truly game breaking. A server on such a fast unlock rate like Selo needs the faster open world mob spawns, we have already lost 2 full vex thal, seru & SSRA spawns due to this error. Please fix this.
  17. theonetheonly New Member

Would seem that Cursed is likely broken by fabled as well, or at least that is the speculation. We've had 1x open world Cursed and 1x DZ cursed completely fail to trigger the event after killing all TMs, Warden, and Rhozths since Fabled went live.
  18. Prathun Developer

The spawn timers of Vex Thal bosses persist between downtimes.
    The spawn timers of Vex Thal bosses on Progression Servers post-update are not tied to the spawn timers pre-update, because they are different spawn IDs. (From the April 17 update notes: - There are no longer Progression Server specific spawns in open world zones for Classic, Kunark, Velious, or Luclin bosses.)
    There is a variance on the spawn times for the Vex Thal bosses. On average, they will spawn over 2x as fast as they previously did on Live servers, though sometimes this will be shorter and sometimes longer. The Thall Va Xakra bosses spawn 2x faster than the other VT bosses, as they always have.
    AHR was killed on Sunday night. This means she spawned on Sunday at the latest, which is within the expected spawn time range.

The Luclin Fabled script will early out on Progression Servers that have not yet unlocked The Buried Sea. This was tested and verified on Selo.

We verified that the rare spawn modifier on Selo is 2x.

We are unable to verify reports that bosses or rares are not working correctly.
  19. yerm Augur

Can you please test fabled causing mobs to not spawn? This shouldn't be impossible:

1. Create ssra testing instance on non-fabled server/environment
    2. Force the cursed cycle
    3. If gcs spawns, repeat

Cabdru literally streamed a cursed cycle not spawning in instance, if you wanted to try looking at his twitch vods... but please don't hate me too much for sending you there...
  20. theonetheonly New Member

Did the timers on Progression change, then? Wednesday Server Up (1PM CST Wednesday? I don't remember exactly) to Sunday Pop (just after 12:00AM Monday Morning CST) doesn't reflect what the timers used to be. That's >100 hours from server up to full zone pop, which is much longer than it was previously taking to spawn if the timers persist from a fresh start due to the Wednesday downtime and didn't reset on Friday after the crash. Previously it was no more than either 60 +/- 12 or 72 +/- 12 if I'm not completely mistaken, if not even less.

Also not sure what you mean by Luclin Fabled Script "earlying" out -- I'm assuming you mean it short circuits the Fabled logic by first branching on whether or not Buried Sea is active and always spawns non-fabled otherwise, but we've had two failed Cursed spawns as well as several DZs in which bosses have simply not spawned at all. In the open world case, both Rhozths respawned 2 hours later and it was successfully completed by another guild. I've personally popped a Skyshrine instance where Lord Yelinak never spawned, for example. It's pure speculation that it is related to the Fabled period, especially given that Fabled seem to be impacting other things on Selo that they otherwise shoudn't be (again, assumption since the behavior changed as soon as the Fabled changes on Wednesday).