Test Update 04/09/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

From my own shaman (110), looks like there are 33 ranks of Malaise. Rank 33 is for the 106-110 range, so rank 32 is for 101-105. I assume your shaman has Malosenete (102) in its spell book. From my spell list, it looks like Fetid Decay skipped the 101-105 range, so it should be using the 96 spell.

Do you have both spells? The aa spells get messed up if you don't have the base spell you are expecting for the level of aa you have.
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  2. Allayna Augur

3K dps as you say....is still 100% better than an effect that WILL NEVER overwrite an enc/sham debuff on a raid. Belt debuffs were already nerfed in RoS with the changes to malo and resists, the belt procs often but lands infrequently. The point being, 1 belt is effectively completely useless, while the other two remain desirable. Why waste time developing items that will rot constantly?
  3. kizant Augur

Because people do more than raid and all you have the previous belts.
  4. Funk Augur

I'd really like to see a response on what the exact reason is the tank belt effect was sliced in half.
    An effect that's been in the game since what..The Darkened Sea with Usasium?

Was this a new employee's decision? How was the effect of the tank belt even brought into the conversation of nerfing?
    The whole debate was about slightly more balance with the Int and Wis caster belt being brought up to par with others, and this is the solution? How would cutting the slow proc on the tank belt in half even qualify as a valid solution to anything discussed about the caster belt?

I just can't even wrap my brain around how anything led to "Hey lets destroy the tank belt effect and make it useless! That should solve this!"
  5. Allayna Augur

There was also a raid and a group version...
  6. Derd Augur

Does no note in patch notes mean no changes? Or am i blind and missing it in todays notes.
  7. Sancus Augur

- Reduced the effectiveness of Crippling Snare.
  8. Derd Augur

Thanks Sancus i missed that, was looking in items for it. Duh its a spell..
  9. kizant Augur

That is extremely interesting.
    Sancus likes this.
  10. Aneuren Tempered Steel

The Blade of the Black Dragon Eye originally dropped in Seb, super rarely, from Froglok Reet Knights. The blade was nerfed and changed to the Blade of the Green Dragon Eye. Veeshan's Peak had the Sword of the Shissar added to drop tables at around the same time, if memory serves me, but it's been a long while so please correct me if I am wrong.

Having said that, I am thankful to the Devs for putting this piece of nostalgia back into the game. It would be great for it to be available to the wider audience as it originally was but it's super cool to just see it in game after all this time (and not on the vendor).
  11. Ecchicon Elder

So they told you "no" to buffs, but you got them anyway? I'm not seeing the problem here.
  12. ~Mills~ Augur

Please make pet spell worn off its own filterable item.
  13. Elthorien Elder

- - Essence of Shadow, Moonlight, Sunlight, and Winter drops have been restricted to the unlock of Shadows of Luclin.

well if they are going to totally nurf the first tier of cultural...
    they need to make lava rocks for dwarven not drop till luclin, they need to make the seaweed for freeport human cultural not drop till luclin as well
  14. Olyander New Member

Really disappointed and unhappy with the decision to go forward with the belt change, for all the reasons other players have pointed out. The change makes no objective sense in any way and comes off as lazy and overly punishing to players who had already acquired it (who did so at non-trivial cost, based on it being a unique, BiS item). The argument for balance doesn't hold to me given that there remain other more cumbersome ways to achieve the same effect and that this was just a nice quality of life benefit.

I seriously cannot fathom how this is the decision that was landed on when there are so many other ways you could balance this aspect without creating such a feel-bad moment for some players. You could have just changed the proc to the normal slow that all the other belts have and I wouldn't have been happy but at least it would still be BiS.
  15. Braikkarrii Lorekeeper

Hi, Cragzop

Yes, I have both spells scribed on my shaman at the moment. Rank 32 of Malaise actually becomes purchasable starting at level 106. The component spells of rank 32 are a mixture of level 102 (Malosenete) and level 106 (Fetid Decay) debuffs, so you must be at least level 106 to be able to use rank 32.

Rank 33 can not be bought until level 107, as it casts a mixture of level 107 (Malosinata) and level 106 (Fetid Decay) spells.

If you know of a workaround, I would be glad to give it a try.
  16. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I don't. I can tell you that:
    -for my 110 shaman with rank 33 and all malo/decay spells in book, the aa works as expected
    -for my 110 shaman with rank 30 and all malo/decay spells in book, the aa works as expected (casting what the rank 30 says)

I'll see if I can find some collections to burn to see if I can get my alt shammy to 32.
  17. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I can report that my lower shaman had no issues after buying rank 31 (and testing) and rank 32 (and testing). Again, he has all the malo line and decay line in his spell book.
  18. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Collectors iksar witch doll is still not dropping in warsilk woods
  19. Natal Augur

Grasp still works fine, just not on current content nameds or raid mobs like it once did. I use it routinely in group content, it is very useful, even though not as insanely powerful as it once was in top end encounters.
  20. Prathun Developer

I've checked multiple times, on Live servers and Beta, before and after today's update. The Collector's doll item in Warsliks Woods has been in the zone, dropping from goblin shamans, every time.
    Just to be sure, I checked again on a Live server, and there are several in the zone.