True Box what a failure

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arkonik, Apr 14, 2019.

1. LittleBrumski Augur

If they're in their own pick raiding whatever, I'm ok with that. Out of sight, out of mind. The people that would do that are the type that are trying to monopolize content anyway on true-box.
  2. Sagarmatha Augur

The people that suggest, "get rid of krono" are idiots. RMT existed LONG before krono. At least with krono, Daybreak gets some profit out of it.
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  3. code-zero Augur

Having watched a live Twitch stream back when Ragefire was new of GM's dealing with a bot crew I can tell that you know nothing of the way automation software works or the sorts of powers that the GM's have. I believe that they are prohibited from doing the sorts of things you're proposing because it'd be very abusive of both the suspect player as well as others in the zone.
  4. Kittany Augur

Back on Ragefire, there was this fellow who openly bragged about running 12 or more (Mages) characters. (I'd mention his name, but certain people might accuse me of harassing them). It was suspected he was automating the gameplay as he would park these characters around the world at the various high selling camps. Efreeti, SolB, Runnyeye etc. He would also park a character in the newbie zones (Paineel specifically) and farm bone chips with these characters.

Now, he also openly bragged that he got around the GM tells by some sort or program that would send a notice to his phone and he was able to respond using his phone. Funnily enough, the boxing community defended this person even tho he was a well known RMT'er.
  5. code-zero Augur

So boxers have a community that defends and supports its members? Like, they aren't so anti-social after all..huh
  6. Kittany Augur

That honestly wasn't the point of the trip down memory lane. If you want to go that route, I would ask why would the boxing community support such pond scum? Is it out of blind loyalism that even the worst of the worst is worth defending because they just happen to share similar interests?

This is why the most well known self admitted boxers on this forum have drawn the ire of the rest of the community. It's because (As I was accused of...) there is no condemning of the bad seeds.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

No boxers support that RMT type of scum that occupy spots 24/7 with automated play. Maybe DBG does as part of their new business model but we'll see how long that holds up.
    Kittany likes this.
  8. Grailer Augur

Does LFG actually work ? I was running around unrest with LFG tag beside tons of others LFG but never actually got asked to join a group all day playing warrior with twinked out gear .

Saw a ton of boxed groups tho .
  9. Lateryn Augur

I wouldn't say it's a failure, compared to RF/LJ, it's a pretty big success. On those two servers you saw box armies everywhere and I am talking people with 24-48 characters or more. Seeing 6 box crews was common and duo was pretty much everyone. Compare to that truebox servers, where you don't see those massive armies really, you may very rarely come across a 12-18 farmer. 6 box crews are rare and duos are uncommon when compared to people just solo.

In the end though it's really the players, if they didn't buy krono from 2ndary markets or pay for PLs/items from these obvious farmers, they wouldn't exist.
  10. slayerofbats Augur

I don't think the customer is always right but you are right in this case, and I know for sure that SOE/DBG are always wrong.
  11. Tensor_Fippy Journeyman

I disagree, People have found ways around the trueboxing and yet DBG does nothing about it. Yes a lot of the guys who boxed 24-30 acts cant really show themselves but a huge % of people 6+ boxing on the TLP are not truebox and instead they proxy ( virtual ) windows and can still play on one PC but making DBG think its truebox also a lot of the script players and people who can make compiles of there own are still around. This has gotten so out of control yet DBG does nothing but promises they're looking into it. SoE has been the only company that actually made a huge impact to cheaters when they banned all the people using warping when it started to get out of control.

I personally would rather see EQ come to an end and remember it the way it was rather then how it is now with all the toxic filth that is EQ today and all because DBG refuses to use Play Nice Policies and having GM's spend a little time in the game. You cant even stop training anymore regardless if you have video to back it up ffs or bards/encs who charm rares from people and run off with them because its so hard to make rare listed mobs uncharmable right?
  12. Tensor_Fippy Journeyman

13. Tensor_Fippy Journeyman

So True!
  14. Kibanu Augur

It's not as easy as you think to do. A server can be set up to run several Virtual Machines that aren't aware of each other as being Virtual Machines. The Operating System on each VM is independent and thinks it's a real physical PC. Basically, each VM can be set up to be like a laptop / PC on a local network. How do you really expect them to be able to code around this? The only way to at least slow it down would be to prevent packets from more than one client on a single IP address. Granted, most people that know how to set up a VM cluster can also set up network tunnels to get around this limitation as well. You won't stop the truly dedicated people from boxing. It sucks but it's the reality. P99 requires permission to run multiple clients from a single IP. That helps, but as you've probably read, it doesn't stop it entirely.

I run four separate computers at my house and I use Multiplicity because one of them has a malfunctioning keyboard. I never broadcast keystrokes (i.e. I switch control to laptop 2 and do whatever command, then switch back). If this were to get me banned, I'll leave because I feel that I'm playing within the "rules". I also spend way too much money buying experience potions to level my boxes all the time. If they ban me, I'll gladly take my money elsewhere. I do not pay for accounts with Krono. I also don't farm camps. I play on Coirnav still.

Anyhow, sorry... tangent there. There's no true way to stop the dedicated people who either know what they are doing or have friends that know what they are doing. :(

IMHO, they should police players and ban botters that way. They are pretty easy to spot and those people that are locking down camps and selling loot don't pay for their accounts with $$. They use Krono from farming in-game camps.
  15. Rentic Journeyman

I am not sure what they really could do about the virtual windows thing but I for one would like to see PNP back and gm's on TLP servers. As far as the charming thing I think making the rare marked mobs uncharmable wouldn't be a bad idea. Any developer input on that suggestion?
    Barton and Aneuren like this.
  16. slayerofbats Augur

You can easily stop it with a more engaging game and people to play with.
  17. Grailer Augur

lol so basically you are telling people to play another game with a different type of players as the solution ?
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Could also ease off it. In OoW allow 2 accounts accessing per computer. In SoD allow 3 accounts accessing per computer. Remove entirely around EoK or something?

Or just remove around OoW would make sense too.
  19. slayerofbats Augur

No I am saying if the classes and combat was more engaging, and you could find groups easily too, there would be far less boxing. All this could be done so much better in EQ. Cross server grouping etc.
  20. Machentoo Augur

This isn't true, if you are referring to me. Look at my posting history and i've called out the bad seeds plenty. I've never supported or defended people running automated software afk.

(Outside of maybe skilling up swimming or bard songs afk, or foraging, personally I think it is stupid those are against the rules.)