Why are you incentivizing krono farmer PL?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LachiusTZ, Apr 18, 2019.

1. LachiusTZ Lorekeeper

All this does is make it harder for ppl who are trying to level and box or alt.

People / boxers / whoever that are selling PL will just use a lower level wizard to tag the mobs.

While actual players trying to level a box or alt will get MASSIVELY reduced exp when grouped with their already leveled char.

The effect, is making it more difficult on your own, but about the same if you want to buy PL from some krono farmer.

In absence of knowing the intention, you have to gauge intent off of consequence. And the consequence, is it is now more appealing to purchase PL from krono farmers than it was yesterday. So that was your intent, and I want you to justify why you think that is good for 95% of the player base.
  2. Nessirfiti Augur

I feel a little dumb, but what did I miss?
  3. AgentofChange Augur

your point wasn't missed, it was simply a stupid point, as nothing has changed the fact that paying someone is an option. Usually a very good option if you can afford it.
  4. The Hated One Augur

I can't even figure out what they are mad about
  5. LachiusTZ Lorekeeper

They nerfed the amount of exp lower levels get in groups with higher lvl toons.

Example:
    Lvl 40 duo'ing with a lvl 60, the lvl 40 now gets about 1/2 or 1/3 the exp they did yesterday.
  6. dnevers123 New Member

Where does it say exp was nerfed? is this confirmed
  7. jeskola pheerie

While I do not participate in PL, some people spend 40 to 80 hours a week at a RL job, and have family obligations after, and still want to attempt to keep up with peers and guildies in their EQ hobby. That is why this exists.
  8. AgentofChange Augur

9. Lumiens Augur

Lazy people will be lazy, doesn't matter if its real life or a game.
  10. trevock Augur

Please cite the actual patch notes that say exp was nerfed.
  11. dnevers123 New Member

I don't see anything in the patch notes that state experience is nerfed for lower level members of the group... @Dev's can you confirm?
  12. LachiusTZ Lorekeeper

Its not in the patch notes, but we have had several people confirm it this morning and it has been rumored for about 2 weeks.

Apparently it stems from people AE'ing from 40-60 on Selos in about 2 or 3 hrs.

Edit: Not worth the time. Your obviously kinda dumb and dont understand the point of this thread.
  13. Ceffener Augur

Normally you would put your complaint , (People now seem to be receiving less XP when grouping with higher level toons than before) in the first sentence of your argument. Then follow it up with some examples and maybe some evidence.
  14. LachiusTZ Lorekeeper

Yeah, realized that about 10 minutes ago but am no longer able to edit the OP.
  15. AgentofChange Augur

Yes, now no one will level a character. They will all just pay someone with krono to level their character for them. Quite the reach there buddy.

Literally nothing has changed. You either level character yourself or you pay someone to do it for you. This has and always will be the case.
    trevock likes this.
  16. dnevers123 New Member

Well that's not true. I enjoy leveling alts with my mains once they get to level 33 so they can group but now that seems to be the bad route...?
  17. modsiw Augur

Seems to me this would make PLing 40-60 2x-3x more expensive while not affecting regular xp. Kinda the opposite of what you're getting at.
  18. dnevers123 New Member

Hoping devs will respond to this, making me not want to level my alt accounts if this is true... I know it's a terrible topic title but still feel like if there was, in fact, a ninja exp nerf it should be addressed
  19. Krezzy Augur

For starters, nobody would be offering PL services if there wasn't any demand for it.

That demand is something that both players and developers really should be paying attention to. High demand means that the player community isn't able to enjoy the casual game, and is looking to skip over this play in favor of end-game content.

MMOs have had problems with being too "grindy" pretty much ever since they started. If a player is unable to have fun in the game due to lack of available groups, low return on effort, lack of challenge, or other reasons, they will either quit or find a way to minimize (skip, if possible) to content that is more fun.

Ideally, the game content gets tuned to make it more fun (both challenging and rewarding) to level up. Achievements and rewards are a possibility, as is increased XP, drops, etc. We should be brainstorming for other ways to make the middle levels more fun as well.
  20. 6rout Lorekeeper

Calling someone else lazy because they'd rather bypass playing a video game for dozens and dozens of hours to mindlessly grind out exp is such sweet irony
    andross77, trevock and Volts like this.