pal vs sk

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by superman, Mar 10, 2019.

1. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

It's been hashed over quite a bit but warrior > SK on MT raid (too many tricks in the toolbox)... But SK's are REALLY good at that top 1% of equipped and the self healing is quite a site to see honestly.

Fortunately for me, my warrior and SK enjoy those equipment levels pre TBL.
  2. Sithsonn Elder

This thread makes me laugh
    Allayna likes this.
  3. gnomeboss Augur

actual raid guild interviews:

paladin_01: hi! interested in your guild. i have some aa and most of my augs! any openings?
    guild_leader_01: are you familiar with the splash mechanic? can you cast gaoti when asked?
    paladin_01: yes! probably!
    guild_leader_01: see you monday. invites go out at 7.

shadow_knight_01: hello. 14 years of raid experience. 5 server firsts. have references. max aa and gear is essentially complete other than possibly a small upgrade at ear. any openings?
    guild_leader_01: sorry, full on sk. do you have a bard alt?
    Zarzac, Pirlo, Sheex and 2 others like this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

All while being disgustingly OP!
    Allayna likes this.
  5. Chaosflux Augur

Still jealous of the unicorn after all these years? I'll parcel you a Unicorn horn sometime, can throw that on your my little pony.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Actually just got the anniversary coin one so I’m all set, prancing with joy. Thank you though!
    Pirlo likes this.
  7. Dewey Augur

I'm trying to figure out why pally's are even in this forum. Isn't this the tank forum? Aren't they now more of a hybrid?

Like SK's are tanks(but not real tanks) Pally's are well no one knows, but definitely not a tank. =P
  8. Allayna Augur

Lol.

Warrior, Paladin and Shadowknight are all "tanks".
    Paladins are a hybrid of warrior and cleric.
    Shadowknights are a hybrid of warrior and necromancer.
    It's all about that parent class. :rolleyes:
    One sees more love from the development team than any of the others.
  9. Arhok House of Embertune

Caught yourself a big one, Dewey.

Lol.
    Brohg likes this.
  10. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

You know I should just switch to pally. I bet I could play 1/2 as well and get twice as drunk and get twice the loot as my SK\Warr.

What is " gaoti" ? /smirk
  11. Transporter Lorekeeper

Depends on how you want to play, Paladin's save lives. SK's take them lol
    I've saved quite a few raids on my paladin. Our dps vs sk isn't to be compared. Played right you can take a lot of damage and out last other tanking classes.
  12. Transporter Lorekeeper

Gaoti is Group Armor of The Inquisitor, boosts your groups AC and heals that land on them
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  13. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Thank you kind sir.
  14. Hissteria Lorekeeper

If you like rainbows, unicorns and soy lattes...you should play a Paladin.

If you want to kill, kill, kill and then kill some more...and don't mind getting killed a lot...play a shadowknight.
  15. Allayna Augur

[IMG]
  16. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

i don't trust knights they cant keep there hands off others
  17. Metapsyche Augur

Honestly, all situational benefits aside, SK’a are pound for pound better than Paladins. I personally enjoy the play style and roles that I fill as a Paladin so that’s what I play. I like to tank, but I also like to dps and heal. With my ascendant 2h and a HToT line up my dps is ~as good as an SK or warrior using a 1h (lol) and I do a bunch of healing to the main tank. On some fights that’s a bunch of fun and really laid back.
    Skewert likes this.
  18. Repthor Augur

All the great skilled sks claiming they cant find a guild Triton still has room for one skilled driven sk. Decent gear whould be nice but some weaker slots can be filled as we are farming. Augs are more importent to show your driven and like to play and advance your toon to the top lvl

Ps: no pallys

Add mode OFF
  19. Livvy_CT Elder

So much paladin hate,
  20. forbes77 Elder

why pally Vs Sk's, id do pally Vs rangers they both usless :) all hail SK's :)