Are the GM's just automated bot's too?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Forevernecro, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Forevernecro Elder

Has anybody actually had their ticket 'solved'? or are the GM's just automatically solving every ticket submitted without actually investigating anything. Even submitting video evidence is apparently not enough anymore? Can anybody confirm if a GM has actually legitimately solved a community standards issue? I know TLP's are the wild west but this is really getting out of hand. Blatant video recording of trains and threats apparently yields nothing. Apparently charm dispelling is no longer illegal even though it was an offence on Phinigel. Although selective enforcement was always an issue on Phinny. If the GM's are getting paid then someone needs to look into what they are actually doing. If they are volunteers find people that care.
    Communist Puppy likes this.
  2. LittleBrumski Augur

Yes, I had a purchase issue resolved by an actual GM that contacted me in game. Getting action taken against players though... dunno, haven't ever had to wait for a ticket on that.
  3. taliefer Augur

charm dispelling in and of itself isnt really against any rules. the issue is that it can subjectively fall under the "griefing" category.

for example, if someone has a named charmed that you want to kill for its loot, i dont see anything "illegal" about dispelling the charm and DPS racing for the kill. its entirely within the rules of the game. a jerk move, sure, but legal.

now if you follow someone around constantly dispelling their charm just to dispell their charm, thats a separate issue and falls under griefing and harassment imo
  4. Master Kahleem Augur

I've heard of guild members being sent on 7-day vacations so far this TLP because they were quote "training other guilds" in certain zones when in reality they weren't doing it on purpose, but "Evidence" showed otherwise.

GMs are around, but they're not randomly banning people who are boxing. You're not hearing from the other side of those boxers who are actually responding to tells etc and having conversations with GMs.

I REALLY wish people would stop giving boxing a bad name by being RMT jerks. Camp for a couple copies of said item and then move on. Share :mad:
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

If you're racing for content then they have made it very clear that dispelling charm is perfectly acceptable.

Yes, it flies in the face of any notion of "play nice" but it's one of the less egregious breaches of decency right now. They can't handle warp training raid mobs, I'd rather they start there.
  6. Communist Puppy Augur

liked the post for the title
  7. Captain Video Augur

I am fully automated. Just so long as someone keeps feeding my hamster.
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

You too?
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

I have had good experiences with petitions for regular stuff like accidentally looted NO DROP item on wrong character, lost items, etc.

Once I had just looted a pretty rare piece I was after and the the server crashed... like at that instant. I petitioned and the GM gave me the item.
  10. kjempff Elder

f.. chanters and their charming that has become way too easy in this version of eq, holding a respawn, overpowered out of era mobs that weren't supposed to be charmable including named, charming to ks or force take over camps (and the <Red Guides> can do), and particularly mage box chanters - spam that dispell.
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

GMs have been very helpful to me on this server so far, especially the day following the midnight rollbacks following server crashes.
  12. Elemenopi Augur

This.

Theres alot of "they cant possibly know for sure so nothing can be done" on these forums, but in cases where all of the evidence adds up to being 99% sure, starting off with a warning or a short term ban would set the tone for the behavior needing to change. The idea that they cant do anything or there will be some mass exodus is refuted by alot worse happening, and zero mass exodus occurring.
  13. urbanbo70 Elder

Sounds like someone is pissed they didn't roll a chanter ..