Rogues Lower DPS than Tanks?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Poyzen Frawg, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Tappin Augur

Rogues do need a bit of DPS boost in some scenarios, but that’s another topic. Rogues are certainly capable of putting up some good numbers assuming the person playing them knows what they are doing. Some encounters will be better than others, but that’s life.

Tanks do not need another DPS nerf. Spreading misinformation (even if not intended), is never a good thing and just causes problems. Please put a little effort into researching or gathering information on why your rogue parsed low and see if there’s anything that can done to improve your dps. Also, try not to use another class in your thread title.

Again I am not saying rogues do not a dps upgrade, rather that a rogues problem isn’t a tanks problem. No reason to drag other classes through the mud simply because your dps expectations were not met.
  2. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Who said tanks need a nerf? Is posting here not doing research?
    DPS is relative. What class do you suggest I compare rogue too? 90% of the replies say rogues do need a DPS boost, including yours. Of course my DPS expectations are not being Met. That's why im posting and why everyone agrees. "Simply" .. heh.. "But that's another topic" This IS the topic …
  3. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I wonder why. Isn't this a problem?
  4. DaciksBB Augur

Not necessarily, think some of them are smart enough not to post parses.
  5. p2aa Augur

Compare your DPS to other DPS classes.
  6. Poyzen Frawg Augur

What?

Why don't you understand that by comparing "DPS" class to "NON DPS" class (like tanks) and showing that "Non DPS" class is actually HIGHER DPS than the DPS class, I'm driving home the problem?

PLEASE GOD DONT THINK I WANT ANYONE TO LOOSE DPS. On the contrary, I want Rogue DPS to get a huge boost. The test will be a true desire for players to play rogues again.

MAKE ROGUE DPS !

Edit: Why is "" being censored? LMAO
  7. Izzard of Bertox Augur

I play on Tunare in the guild Lunacy Unbound. I have essentially been the only rogue on raids for the last 3 years. It would be nice to have someone else (or 3) play a rogue to make Poisonous Covenant fulminate. I am about number 5 on parse. Its true that some of the Best of the Best Warriors and SK's get up on the top 5 but they plan it this way, LOL. They Steal my Bard and my Shammy, and my Zerker, and my Beast … I digress. Berserker (all of them) #1 and Monk #2 (most of them) Necro #3 (some of them), Wizards #4 (if you can find them), and then Me …

Don't let it get to you. Have fun. As long as you suck less everyday, don't be too disappointed.
    Belexes likes this.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Oh my god, do you know how much lip biting is going on because you're going to get Rogues castrated? Just stop, man.

Edit: If you don't understand how your Rogue works, I suggest sending a tell to the Rogues at the top of Magelo rankings. I'm sure I'm speaking for them when I say they'd much rather explain how to play your Rogue than get themselves nerfed putting it in black and white here. Ask classes like Necro, Zerker, Mage, Wizard, Enchanter why no one wants anyone posting parses on these boards, ever.
    Belexes likes this.
  9. Pokeit New Member

I need someone to show me how to rogue better! Even mage pets do more damage than I do!
  10. Belexes ForumQuester

Why would you compare your rogue dps to a tank? The only way a tank beats you is if you don't know what rogue buttons to push.

You are not helping rogues, you are hurting them. Jhenna is correct. Seek out some rogue tutoring.

Compare your dps to another rogue's dps on other servers etc. Don't make the same assumptions based just on your personal experience like a certain ranger did a while back and got shut down.
    Sancus likes this.
  11. Derka Power Ranger

Incoming 8 more pages.
    Belexes likes this.
  12. Brohg Augur

Poisonous Covenant (née Alliance) will fulminate based on the poisons (presumably Spider's Bites) of the warriors, bards, monks, and berserkers you raid with no problem. The remainder of classes are incentivized in their own persons to use casting "poison" Dragonmagic Focus, which doesn't help you. Other rogues are somewhat better at fulminating Poisonous Covenant, thanks to Virulent Venom AA and very importantly due to not generally forgetting to put poisons on, but they're not necessary.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  13. Izzard of Bertox Augur

Oh, for sure... I do my best to supply them all with poison. Its already been discussed elsewhere, but the component availability is harsh at the moment.
    Brohg likes this.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

That was nerfed at TBL launch. Only Rogues trigger their Alliance/Covenant spell off poison procs. It was great while it lasted.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

16. Brohg Augur

Allayna and Sancus like this.
  17. Syylke_EMarr Augur

As the only rogue on raids, I can confirm that non-rogues using poisons do work for Poisonous Covenant.
    Allayna likes this.
  18. Brohg Augur

We're still totally recruiting two more rogues, though :D for the sake of their own contribution :)
  19. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I honestly do not understand this at all. Please PM me. Opening up a can of worms was not my intention.

Another one. Is anyone else disturbed at the number of solo raiding rogues?
  20. Bahdah Augur