Loot needs its own chat filter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by qweasy, Apr 15, 2019.

1. qweasy Augur

It's currently lumped in the "other" category which just has too much crap in it.

Pretty please?
  2. Brohg Augur

Agree, should be in the category with the randoms
  3. niente Developer

What about an "Items" chat filter?
    Rough idea -
    Items:
    - Loot
    - Update loot messages to include corpse name
    - Tradeskills
    - Item Speech
    - Destroyed Items
    - ALL (above item filters)

This would cost 4 of the remaining < 10 chat filters. Alternatively, could just add Loot, Tradeskills (only costs 2)
  4. Brohg Augur

Item Speech already has a filter, though. It was only used in the DoDH expansion, you can probably just nuke that whole game mechanic :(

RIP Rakban
  5. gotwar Gotcharms

Of these 4 options, I'd advocate for just Loot + Destroyed items. If possible, you could even combine these into a single "Items" filter to only occupy one of the remaining filter spaces (if that's a thing that works).

Edit2: To be honest, if there's no way to make those two things occupy one filter "slot," it may be smart to limit this to just Loot things. I don't think item deletions are worth one of those precious filter slots. Just my opinion.
  6. Brohg Augur

My experience is that tradeskilling doesn't need its own filter because the activity doesn't happen while tons of other things are also happening. Ditto item destruction.

Item looting frequently does, and belongs categorized with randoms. Speaking of, small thing : "your rolls" should default to the same spot as others' & raid's/group's.
  7. qweasy Augur

Just the 2 sounds great to me tho I have no idea what item speech even is. Destroying things is a deliberate act and only affects the person doing it, a message isn't even needed but since it's there going to a spam window isn't really a problem.
  8. niente Developer

Destroyed Items and Item Speech are filters that already exist, it would just be moving them under the Items filter section.
    An existing filter could be repurposed if it is really bad, but it causes problems (i.e. if someone has a filter turned off and then we change how the filter works, it is not going to turn on for them).

But it sounds like there is not interest in that so less work for me not to do it. :p
    Laronk and qweasy like this.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Speaking of filters, I see you have:

- Moved spell reflect messages to the spell failures chat filter.

Can we please please please get an option to not show other people's spell reflections? You know, "Mine, Group Only, None" type of thing? Because on raids when the mob reflects spells, the screen becomes filled with 500 "spell is reflected" as most of the 54 characters in the raid are attacking the mob.