Collector's Drachnid Web Sack not dropping

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jarsi, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Madforwdw Lorekeeper

Hehe , yea spelling goes a little astray after spending hours trying to get something to drop ;) . Thanks for sorting out the problem
    Prathun likes this.
  2. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

collectors witch doll in warslik woods, 3 dropped on the first day the 12th and not one single drop since. This cant possible be right.
  3. Prathun Developer

Np. Many similar items were misspelled as Sack instead of Sac until a few years ago. It's a pretty commonly confused pair of homophones, right up there with leach / leech and discrete / discreet. :)

I checked on a random Live server and there are several Collector's Iksar Witch Doll items on NPCs in Warsliks. Can take a look on your server as well, if I know where to look. Note that they are seeded only on goblin shamans and, perhaps more importantly depending on how you're looking for them, the items are seeded on the zone's periodic minute. If you kill a goblin shaman immediately after it spawns, there's a good chance they can't drop the item.
  4. Daedly Augur

What the, are there other items in the game like that? Is a minute the longest if this type of drop consideration?
  5. Prathun Developer

It looks like the 5th and 6th anniversary scavenger hunt drops are seeded this way. Probably not much else. We have much better tools to do something like this now, compared to 14-15 years ago.

I'm not sure what the second question means. Can you clarify?
  6. Daedly Augur

Sorry about that. You said that it is seeded on the zones periodic minute. Are there any zones that you know of that have a longer "period" than a minute, that could cause an item not to be seeded?
  7. Prathun Developer

Quick note - This is really old functionality. These item seeding scripts were handling a situation where the designer wanted to have items drop on NPCs but only during a specified date range. This wasn't possible to do with treasure tables. Global loot didn't exist yet. Requirements on treasure tables and global loot didn't exist yet. Timed events didn't exist yet. They were working with the tools they had, 14-15 years ago. We have better systems to handle something like this now.

I worry that by explaining how this works that it'll sound like this method of dropping loot is the norm, or even somewhat commonplace, which couldn't be further from the truth. This is and was highly unusual.

Zones have a periodic hour, periodic minute, and periodic fast script. Most zones don't use these scripts for anything. They are almost never used to seed items on NPCs.