20th Anniversary Reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Monkman, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Monkman Augur

Please whoever is in charge of designing this ornament, I’m begging you to reconsider, make it a hat or something.

https://www.eqresource.com/

The ornament I’m referring to is on the front page.
    Cadira and Verily Tjark like this.
  2. Allayna Augur

=/

Disappointing.
  3. Verily Tjark Augur

4. Kursis Paracelsus Journeyman

You would think 20th would actually be something special. Lot of meaningless quests/tasks.... and those scavenger hunts... are broken. Some items not dropping. Its like 20th anniversary time sinks... not celebrations.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Having that cake ornamentation in hat ornament slot sounds like a quick fix.
  6. Rorce Augur

What's wrong with the ornament? I'm really excited to get it on Wednesday! It's the only reason I did the achievement.
  7. Monkman Augur

This is Everquest not Dairy Queen. Please make something fantasy-themed. There’s enough crap already that totally does not belong. I started playing when I was younger because I liked casting spells and swinging swords. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think one day I’d be striking a mob with a piece of cake.

The people who are in support of this ornament are the same folks who probably wear the top hat ornaments.
  8. Allayna Augur

I still think the 20th anniversary should be fixed invis for all of norrathians... or perhaps the ability to quest for old beta rewards.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Cadira Augur

Couldn't agree more.
  10. Critts Augur

It should be a +1 cake knife that’s fantasy right?.
  11. Critts Augur

Old beta rewards would be really nice. At least one beta reward. They could unlock old collector editions for sale as well. Mobs that drop randome LoN loot cards could work as well.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It’s ok that people don’t like the ornament (I think it’s kind of cute, and you had to eat cake to earn it, so there’s that, too!). I certainly don’t want to sensor people’s concerns. I just want to point out how “awesome” and “gracious” we all sound about the Devs collective work since the 20th anniversary came out. People complained we didn’t get anything special for the anniversary. We received an free zone and 3 new raids. All as collective all we’ve done is complain about the new combo belts (I mean, it’s no wonder they are nerfing the tank one...). Now the aug reward? I’m just saying. We sound ungrateful. I understand we who post here are but a snippet of the player base. Why do the Devs bother at this point to come to work? So every idea they have can have a new thread about why “we” don’t like this and here’s a suggestion instead? I’ve come here and have voiced plenty of concerns over the years. Lately is different. The Devs simply can do no right by “our” eyes of late. We need some perspective, man. Seriously!
  13. Monkman Augur

I hardly think I’m being unrealistic to ask for a more “on-brand” reward. GMM is great, maybe I’m jaded because last year they had four terrific rewards for the anniversary season.
  14. Allayna Augur

Are you new here?

Some criticize for the sake of criticism, others attempt to provide constructive feedback on what they perceive would be better for the game, whether that is a reward or class balance. Not every recommendation by the masses is heeded and likewise, sometimes suggestions of 1 or 2 are taken and sweeping changes happen.
  15. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Hey, we'd all be ready for cake wars now on Food Network! :D
  16. Tevik Augur

I remember when a player-designed weapon ornament that looked like a bard instrument got rejected because it didn't fit the theme of the game.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I am not in support of this ornament and my monk does wear a top hat ornament. He's a classy lizard.

Also, top hats are fantasy, as the Mad Hatter from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is about as fantasy as you can get.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

And then there's a player made Bazuki ornament that made it in. The type of items they allowed was always inconsistent and changed over time. Eventually they eased restrictions mostly, or took less time worrying about it.

Gnomes have steam powered things, so to me anything up to Victorian era style works in Norrath.

Thus you have my Formal Cane and Pointed Parasol ornaments.

I hope top hats and canes don't offend too many peoples sensibilities.
  19. feeltheburn Augur

rewards just digress into deeper stupidity all the time....amazing now....really? a cake ornament?? take long to drum that one up? wow