mage/chant vs sk/sham

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Damezza, Mar 27, 2019.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It's easy for YOU. Doesn't make it easy for anyone else, despite how many letters you capitalize or how many sideways insults you launch at people. You gave bad advice. It's not illegal, it's just the way it is.

I have completed TBL group progression. Working on achievements. My tank is fully geared. It wasn't easy. It wasn't fast. And it was absolutely worth it.

You either ignored or completely misunderstood my post, my advice, and my stance on this topic.

Once again, clouding the air with your "advice".
  2. Yendar Augur

Using TBL AA’s to say a pet can tank eok is just absurd. Use only EoK AA’s and see how great that same pet does versus a well played group geared tank with eok aa’s And the pet will get destroyed.

I remember during eok I was ench rune tanking over my mage pet before the nerf because I needed 2 merc healers for trash mobs

Using new AA’s and gear on older content should be easy for EVERYONE .. not just me. If it isn’t, you’re doing something wrong and need to learn how to play your toon. All the gear or aa’s In the world isn’t going to help you.

I don’t know why you’re acting like as a tank you have to finish progression and as another class you don’t. Every class requires this stuff just as much. Tanks are more gear dependent sure, but you can have a basic outfit of gear for the latest expansion rather easily. You can even get a full set of non visible gear rather easily now that’s ros raid level quality from GMM. There’s an entire thread of people complaining how easy it is to obtain. People are subscribing to all access because of it. You join a group run 3-4 missions and get 10-15 pieces of loot in a couple hours. The stuff is all rotting after a week. You will be WAY ahead of a pet tank with current expansion maxed CA/CS Gen sturdiness and current expansion T1 gear. None of which is too time consuming. Not to mention playing a mage you would have basically needed to max those same things.. as being undergeared as a caster meant AE’s were eating you up this entire expac. People needed to get into TBL gear before they could deal with the AE’s (unless they have previous raid gear) at a basic level the tank will already outperform the mage tanking wise, all that other stuff you’re mentioning just separates them even more.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Once again, you've strayed off topic.

We are talking about Mage pet tank vs SK tank because that is what the thread is about. You completely missed the boat here.
  4. Damezza Augur

sk/sham is too low on dps?
  5. Yendar Augur

Lol.. you’re the one that brought up needing progression. Exactly.. stay on topic. Mage pets don’t tank as well. It doesn’t matter if both toons are fresh off auto grant, maxed AA’s, have finished progression, haven’t finished progression. The properly played SK will out tank the mage pet with appropriate level gear and AA’s. The only time the mage pet would be better is if the player didn’t know how to play the class or had out of date gear. Most people that are skilled at SK are finished with all content moreso than any other class because it’s basically easy mode. The people that will say a pet is better are playing alt SKs and never learned how to play them. They PL/carry them through content.
  6. Damezza Augur

Just rolled sk/sham instead of mage/chanter. Still getting used to the flow. Sk seems strong as hell but dps overall seems way lower than my beastlord/bard box
  7. Yendar Augur

SK is less dps than beast (and both can solo without a merc. So
    If you want dps to kill trash mobs it’s a better way to go. SK is better for big pulls, tanking multiples and ae’ing them down with ripostes/taps. The SK will make the tougher content easier for you.. namers etc, but the dps will be lower. Paired with a sham you can ae malonand slow big pulls, then stack dotsall the mobs top down with the sham macro, while you focus on the SK if you want to use a merc healer. Another option is to use the sham as main healer (SKs can pretty much self heal when you learn to play it better) and use 2 wiz dps mercs for some content and go merciless for additional exp for easier things.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

But you will be able to do more in the long run, and you can trim and tune your sk/shm to do very well. How many mobs do you take at a time?