No option to transfer

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kobos, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Kobos New Member

I was thinking of transferring a character over to FV but there are no options for me to purchase a coin to transfer. Am I missing something.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Hmm I see it - marketplace - services - character transfer. Are you currently on a server that you cannot transfer off?
  3. AnzoRagespirit Augur

No one willingly xfers to FV server is dead...what's really going on here...
  4. Fluid Augur

5. Kobos New Member

What server would you recommend? I’m just coming back and currently on polar. Looking for a more populated live server
  6. Funk Augur

Don't be salty Anzo, I know it's tough to swallow that a guild on FV beat TBL before FWO did, and a second guild is only a few keys behind you for T3.

Not to mention from 1 weeks TBL raids I make enough plat to keep my 3 accounts gold for 2 months. Then the other 3 weeks of raids is nothin but extra. Free market rules, period.

FV rocks! Don't let them discourage you.
  7. Fluid Augur

Subjective :)

What could be part of the phenomena with other servers being down on the population web link is a mass and perhaps temporary migration to the TLP servers. You having played have already been there, done that, and got the T-shirt. So you kind of have to ask yourself the level of the hard core play you want.

Personally I really played the TLP servers hard when they first came out., mostly just to measure myself and a heavy dose of nostalgia. I think I am ready to forget them.

I'm was also kind of funny about moving on. This was before f2p so when I was a member of a couple of guilds that broke up, I started characters on a new server to get away from the drama and still get a dose of EQ. That part never changed in me, I still prefer starting over to character transfers. It's just something people should not be afraid of and the success of the TLP servers shows a lot of people aren't.

My original server, Eci, has been morphed and consolidated over the last 20 years to the point where I have lost much of the interest in the server and my characters on it which is now Tunare.

In keeping with some aspects of team play I have a tendency to create characters that support each other. That is I will have one character that tailors and the others support by sharing drops and what materials. FV really answers that problem for me in that there a lot of items that are no drops everywhere else can be freely traded. Not all positive since people that tend to love the Monopoly style game tend to gouge prices often.

So for the time being it is FV for me. Least hardcore of the persistent servers, fastest experience gains, most people and lots of free trade. It also has some quirks I kind of like, for instance the default language there is pretty much Elvish. I've been accused of being a role player before and it looks like I do show the trait. Lots of people there aren't into RP, but everyone still speaks Elvish!
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Kobos New Member

Thanks for the input! I am going to give FV a shot. Now just need to figure out if I want to start a heroic character or start a fresh toon
  9. Torv New Member

Yes thanks for this. I was away from eq for the last 15 years and just thought it would be fun to play again. Made a ranger and joined a random server, Trakkanon, but there is hardly anyone there. I don't mind soloing but looks like finding a group and certainly finding a guild is going to be really tough. I wanted to buy some armor and trade skill items but there is hardly any sellers either. Can anyone tell me if I transfer to FV can i at least keep the items i have and my plat and is them some chance of finding a guild around my current lvl of 47?
  10. Funk Augur

If you transfer to FV yes you will keep all items and plat (on character, not in shared bank). But that character is then locked on FV for life.
    And yes there are more options for a guild and grouping. But you still have to be social and proactive when looking for a group at this stage of the game.