Bard slow - rot stacking

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Derd, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Derd Augur

We have a small debate going on whether our slow stacks With chanter or shaman? I was always told it doesn't , am I wrong ? Please chime in if you have a answer.
  2. Chorus Augur

only the best slow% applies, but you can add a different slow if you are worried about the first one wearing off before the caster re-applies. No real benefit of doing it outside of named/raid mobs that you can't kill quickly enough.
  3. Buri Augur

It does not stack, in the sense that stacking means both effects will be applied and added together. However, both slows can be on a mob, but the higher % one will be the only one that takes effect.
  4. Corydon Augur

Enchanters, Beastlords and Shamans overwrite each other based on what is the best slow at a given level. Bards' slows might be different though (as posted by Buri).

It's different for hastes. They don't overwrite. Each haste will take a buff slot. But only the best one is actually applied (no stacking).
  5. Cicelee Augur

Question- slows can be mitigated. So if a shaman casts a slow that can do up to 60% (I do not know exact number, just assume) and it only lands at a mitigated 35%... can another shaman cast the same exact spell and if it lands for mitigated 40% would that overwrite the first one?

Conversely if that second spell only lands for mitigated 20% would it then bounce and the shaman gets the message that your spell did not land?
  6. Brohg Augur

Slow mitigation is not variable
    Cicelee likes this.
  7. Buri Augur

The way it works is this: the mob can only be slowed TO a certain percentage. Let's say the mob mitigates to 60%... the bard slow is 55%, so he casts slow, gets no mitigation message, and slows it to 55%.

The Chanter slow is 70%, so the chanter casts and gets a mitigation message, slowing it to 60%.

The SHM slow is 75%, so when the SHM casts, he gets the mitigation message, overwites the chanter's slow because it's a stronger spell, but still only slows it to 60%.

The amount a mitigating mob can be slowed down to is a fixed number, it doesn't matter who is casting.
    Cicelee likes this.
  8. Cicelee Augur

That was a great explanation, thank you.
  9. Jaylin Augur

I may be wrong, but i think you are wrong on this. If i am gladly wrong i apologize. I could have sworn that mob mitigation was coded into what they could be slowed percentage of a slow.. There are 4 sets of slow. No mitigation (fully slowable), Mostly (75 percent of slow), Partially(50 percent of slow) and slightly (up to 25 percent of a slow)

Using partially slowable. so 50 percent slowable
    Bards 55 percent slow is 27.5percent slowed
    Enchanters 70 percent slow is 35 percent slowed
    Shamans 75 percent slow is 37.5 percent slowed

A mob that mitigates slow, you can cast the lowest level drowsy shaman spell and still get a message of them partly mitigating it. Drowsy is well under the cap, but you still get the message. So im fairly certain their immunity is a percent of what the slow would be. I just went to stratos and the mobs are partially successful slowed. the slow itself is 50 percent of the slow on the mob, drowsy is 25 percent slow. so 12.5 percent slowed.
  10. Brohg Augur

Partially is not always half. What Partial means is set by zone and usually lines up with content tiers within an expansion such that lower tier content is more slowable.

Partially means the same thing on all mobs in a zone. And the relationship between (full), Mostly, Partially, and Slightly is always the same.

I don't think there are any mobs left that flip slows, that lil' dev trick was super poorly received and nerfed out of its encounters.
  11. Buri Augur

Well, it was a long time ago I did all my experimenting with this, maybe they changed something? But I'm positive when I did it, there were mobs that would not mitigate a lower slow, but would mitigate a higher slow.
  12. GNOME_POWER Augur

13. Brohg Augur

are you claiming that slows work differently on that particular mob than has been described? do you have some evidence we should see to then go verify?
  14. Schadenfreude Augur

Flagged immune to slow.
    Your target is immune to changes in its attack speed. (eg: Devourer of All in Crypt of Sul)

Flagged as gaining haste when you attempt to slow.
    Your spell may have had the opposite effect of what you desired. (eg: the PH for the above mob)