Which new TLP server do you play on?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Risiko Augur

Now that we have had time for the dust to settle for this round of new TLP servers, which one did you end up on and why?

If you are on Twitter, you can take part in this poll @EQNewsAndPolls.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Mangler:

Just feels like a good relaxed server overall.
    Might try to play past POP this time unless a new server comes out that is FV loot.
  3. Gremin Augur

I main Lockjaw but I have dabbled on them all.
  4. Tymeless Augur

Playing on mangler and enjoying it. Been a lot of fun!
  5. TheChosenOne Augur

Selos

Its a lot of fun grinding to about level 50, but then it slows down and can be hard finding groups. I leveled a beastlord first, but was disappointed with their DPS so I retired that toon at level 60 and started a gnome warrior, have him to level 56 and now hitting the point where groups are hard to come by

Today there was only about 6 people on the /lfg list

I'd never play a Classic launch again, especially with all the RMTers...

I've given serious consideration to just going back to live where I can run a 6 man group by myself without breaking the rules, the social aspect of this game can really backfire when there are limited opportunities to group

I really just want to experience the expansions past OoW, which will never happen on Mangler and Selos is just too fast to keep up with gearing, Epics, tradeskills and AAs. Live wont have the subscription fees and can spend that money on store items

I came to this revelation earlier today when i finally got a GE group, drank XP pot and then the group fell apart 20 minutes later so I was back in Nexus /LFG On for another hour+
  6. Vontod Augur

Selos...no Mangler. Selos?

Been back and forth. Got a toon to about lv35 on Selo and the world felt... small? Also couldn't seem to find many people in that lower level to group with...too low for Velks, which seems to be popular. I thought it would be fun to have a more spread out leveling path... but I think I missed the boat since I started 2 weeks after everyone.

I was super excited when I heard about Selo... I have never gotten to play PoP in era on a TLP (even though I've played Fippy, Ragefire, Phinny, and then Agnaar) since I burn out on the (IMO) slightly too long unlocks. However, I found it hard to commit on a server where your gear and AAs will be outgrown so super fast.

Anyway, got a new toon to lv7 on Mangler. Will probably stay there.

Is it really that bad on Selo if you aren't at cap yet?
  7. TheChosenOne Augur

Depends on the time of day, around 4PM EST there was only about 6 people on the /lfg list

I made a warrior so I would get groups more, but it seems like a lot of people are in premades or just have their own box group

I port full 6 box groups all the time

some days are better than others, but i feel like the population of selos is going to be a problem long term... which pains me to say, ive been super excited about it and have built 3 toons into the high 50s

At the end of the day, unless you have one of the super valued classes (enchanter, cleric or tank), or you have a static group of friends you play with, it can be tough sometimes to get a group

The other thing discouraging me is that the guild I'm in is going to do Loot Council, which from my experience has always been a broken and unfair system. Its a casual guild tho, and i dont want to join a batphone guild because i simply dont have the time

Just today for the first time i was like "wonder if it just makes sense to experience all of those expansions on a Live server?" but I don't think Live servers have any AoCs, which means casual raiding is basically out the window
  8. Hateseeker Augur

selo which is the best ruleset ever, just needs to be actually fast AA xp in relation to 1 month unlocks and open trade loot
  9. a_librarian Augur

Have been enjoying the fast xp on Selo with boxing two characters. My main goal was to level in some new zones when I could find a good one for my level range. Not sure I'll continue with the characters when I hit level cap and turn to AAs unless the rate is significantly faster than I've heard. I hate feeling like everything except AE groups is a huge slog to grind points with
  10. Machentoo Augur

I ended up on neither. The race was fun on selos, but at this point I am unsubbed and playing other games until they give us a non truebox TLP with AoC's.
    jordune, pendarr and Pharone like this.
  11. EnchFWO Augur

Went Mangler and it's my first TLP... been fun overall but the raid scene is a s***show IMO. All these people claim they are vet EQ players or vet TLPrs and then yeah... none of these people would survive on Live raids. Also a bit disappointing that the two larger raid guilds over-recruited but maybe that's normal?
    Icetech likes this.
  12. pendarr New Member

Played on Fippy until the end, played on Phinny until cranky and mean people annoyed me. Started a char on Selo, I think she is lvl 4 lol. A non true box TLP server would be good.
    jordune likes this.