Mangler VP key ground spawns

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silias McKendrick, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Silias McKendrick Augur

Any chance we as a community can come together and help avoid that sxxt show?

I'd propose we leave toons afk in those zones when not playing to force picks and have a little less headache. May take 50 or 60 to pop a pick but leaving toon up over night will help the try hards get going and they in turn can do the same when not using a sock.

Any thoughts?
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Better get your automated script ready, that is what you'll be up against.
    Unless magically DBG comes down on the botters / automated folks before those zones go live.
  3. EnchFWO Augur

Sure...

Step 1. Get them to remove the AFK kick code from the server
  4. Tymeless Augur

I think using say Swamp as the new commonlands would make this work force picks open and allow people to get their ground spawns.
  5. GNOME_POWER Augur

It should have been changed to random ground spawns.
    Swamp of No Hope/Kaesora
  6. barrth Journeyman

The ground spawns are now random so you will not see auto clickers anymore. Also the spawn time is a lot shorter then it was. Pretty easy to get them now.
  7. Machentoo Augur

Sounds like a job for mass boxers!
  8. Sebaten New Member

How do the ground spawns work now? And, in general, what have been the major changes to how the quest works from way back in the day? As someone that hasn't done this on a TLP, I'm curious how it works.

I've read and heard stories about 100's of people camping the ground spawns with auto-clickers...but I would have hoped DBG would have made modifications to avoid that BS.

I tried to search for some thread with updated info, but didn't have much luck (i wasn't sure what is "current info" now). Any info or a link to something with current info would be great.

Thanks!
  9. Pharone Elder

Nobody wants to hear this, but in all honesty, VP is pure absolute crap. I know you want to "experience it all in era", but VP is 100% not worth the time and effort to get the key. It is the most worthless keyed zone in the game.
    Machentoo, squidgod and Misaligned like this.
  10. Misaligned Augur

100%. Agnarr was my first time raiding in EQ and I suffered the misery of doing this quest and watching the entire server turn on each other. Any semblance of regard for each other and guild reputation were tossed out the window to get into VP. I thought man, this zone must be really amazing for everyone to endure all this, I can't wait to get in there! May be the most anticlimactic thing I've experienced since playing Tribes 2. What a disappointment. It was the dumbest thing I've ever done in a video game and I will never, ever do it again.

Save your sanity and skip VP. The one dragon worth doing isn't worth the effort required to get in there.
    Pharone likes this.