Box duo with a beastlord (lvl 85 heroic on fv)

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Damezza, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Damezza Augur

What would you all pair with a beast on live?

I’ve been doing beast/bard, which works pretty well

I tried beastlord/mage. Not enough to say if it works or not

Also thinking about beastlord/Druid. The thought here being this would add to the tankiness of the pet the most in having slow and attack debuff, buffs that stack with Merc Clerics, and more heals

Any input?
  2. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Everything is kind of "meh" at 85 if memory serves. Except for SK. They seemed to stand out overall power wise. Even mage at that level was "meh." Beastlord was underwhelming too. I think it's largely because pet EM doesn't really blossom until later. Maybe a shaman plus the mage or with beastlord since you like that it seems. The beast pet will have to be the tank though. BST get tore up in that role even later on without great equipment AND AA's.
  3. Damezza Augur

Not really trying to set up my box duo around lvl 85 gameplay. Just trying to find out what pairs well with a beastlord long term
  4. Beergoggles Elder

aside from bard, ranger is another class that compliments bst really well.
  5. Damezza Augur

I’ve heard they’re both far too active to box easily together
  6. Suffer Lorekeeper

Druid pairs really well with a Beast and isn't super time consuming to run so you can focus on the Beast
  7. Damezza Augur

do you think beast/drui will have trouble pulling singles and breaking camps?
  8. Suffer Lorekeeper

Druids can root and harmony. I just like that druids have many abilities that beasts don't. Like root, good heals, damage shields, good regens, str buff and ports. I raided a Bst main and boxed a druid for years. Ran with a healer merc and wizzy merc. I found it easy to just throw a few dots on with a hotkey, then just tap a heal hotkey when needed and mainly play the beast.
  9. Anhur Journeyman

If you're going to be boxing, there are several better combinations;

SK + BRD, SK + SHM, MAG + BRD, MAG + ENCH, WIZ + ENCH

If your heart is set on BST, then I'd recommend a caster of some sort;

WIZ, MAG, ENCH, DRU
  10. Bumkus Elder

If you are going to actually run both toons (not using any 3rd party software), then Beastlord + Bard is wonderful. You don't want to rely on snap healing from a boxed toon because you will be focusing so much on the BST, you wont be able to click over to your healer and save yourself before it's too late. And if healing is an issue, you could always run healing boosting songs on your bard. Seriously, bards have an answer for everything.