Can we un-nerf solo exp now?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Montag Augur

On all the TLPs solo exp is garbage. I understand grouping is supposed to be better but this is too extreme. You could increase it 5x and it still wouldn't be as good as a fast pulling group.
    Rotlust and Nykara2 like this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

What if solo exp was ok and they actually bumped up group exp...
  3. Captain Video Augur

Can we go back to EQ being a MMO now?
    Venthos likes this.
  4. Arclyte Augur

stop whining
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I think mangler exp is capped at 9% per kill.
  6. Nykara2 Elder

Sure when all the boxers stop boxing. Besides there was always soloable classes in EQ, that never stopped it from being an MMO.
  7. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

The difference between solo and group xp on my Druid is ridiculous enough that it does highly incentivize me joining groups over soloing... but I don't think that was actually a problem that ever needed to be solved.
  8. Kahna Augur

They never nerfed solo exp, they buffed group exp. You can unnerf something that was never nerfed to begin with.
  9. Zansobar Augur

They set very low caps on XP for a solo character. You kill a yellow solo you get about the same xp as a group killing a yellow. The caps for solo kills are set way too low, in fact, the caps for xp overall are set far too low.
  10. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Group xp feels fast to me on Mangler and I don't think it would need to be increased at all (I'm not going to fight against it or anything, I just don't see the need).

Solo xp is very slow. 1% a kill for dark blue minotaur slavers at 14 seems harsh. I practically felt like I was being PLed in a group in Unrest by contrast.

I don't know what the right answer is, but it does feel like solo xp is far too slow by comparison. As a druid, it's annoying. As a class that has a harder time soloing it is punishing. Maybe that's the classic feel people want, I don't know, but to me it seems like it just makes playing discouraging when you can't find a group.
  11. Mestops12 Lorekeeper

Did 57 to 60 on Selo in 5 hours as a solo druid.

Play better, the exp rate is fine.
  12. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Oh, sorry, I forgot to just git gud and also I don't play on the server with the fastest xp rate my bad.
  13. Ishbu Augur

Solo xp isnt bad for players who can solo efficiently, it only seems bad compared to an equally efficient group.

Once upon a time, reasonable soloing was only possible by a handful of classes and to do much of anything valuable, had to have some user skill. Now everyone is so powerful compared to the mobs that extra encouragement for grouping is warranted.

I still managed to solo all of lvl 50 on mangler in about 2.5 hours so it's not bad. Grouping just wouldve been faster
  14. Mestops12 Lorekeeper

Okay, a non-troll answer for you.

Solo exp is variable.

Yes, soloing on an undergeared melee is slow but soloing on an overgeared melee is extremely fast especially at lower levels. There are instances where soloing is flat out broken fast. Druids in Siren's Grotto, Necros in Howling Stones, Enchanters with SoW pots just about anywhere.

You can't put in an experience increase affecting one situation without affecting them all. And if solo experience becomes so good in the extremes, people will stop grouping. We already see this with AoE groups in Luclin and beyond. AoE group experience is so good that clerics and enchanters only want groups for that so regular groups are unable to fill those roles and end up disbanding.
  15. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Yeah, that is why I say I don't know the right answer. I do wonder if something like an increased base rate but a cap over time with diminishing returns would be the way to go, such that soloing is acceptable for any class when you can't find a group, but not so good that for certain classes and situations you don't have any incentive to group.
  16. taliefer Augur

solo exp is perfectly fine
  17. Machentoo Augur

Solo exp isn't nerfed.

Group exp has been boosted.
  18. TheChosenOne Augur

Where did you solo from 57 to 60?
  19. Tymeless Augur

most likely umbral
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  20. Hinastorm86 Augur

I get triggered everytime I see someone refer to solo exp as nerfed.

There is a group bonus, nothing about soloing got nerfed. You could maybe argue that its an "effective" nerf, but im not so sure.

And solo exp was never good without charming shenanigans anyway (past the lower levels, twinking can make lower level soloing good) Quadding was never good. Killing 4 mobs, with a 10 minute downtime in between wasn't good.