Botters ruining TLP, what do Daybreak?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kronotowin, Apr 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paincake Elder

I get what you are saying. Glass half full kindof thing. :) However, if the botters were not at those camps, the items would still be dropping at the same rate due to those camps being inhabited by actual groups. Whether they be max level players camping them, or actual exp groups. They would still be full the majority of the time.

The point is, those players are dozens of paying customers. 1 person using a program to completely lock down camps forever isn't cool.
  2. Paincake Elder

Thanks. :) I found that earlier after searching. I just wonder if they need to accept more applications. Back in the day, you'd see a Guide/GM somewhere during your playtime about once a week. I haven't seen any, nor heard of any being seen on Mangler yet at all.
  3. Infinitive New Member

There is a huge difference between a boxer and a botter. I do not mind a group of boxed mages camping a camp, I do however have an issue with an automated group, running cheat programs to hold a camp for hours at a time. If you head to solb you will encounter atleast 4 instances with automated bot armies. Casters doing the exact same timed routine on ever pull, engaging at the exact same time, casting spells at the exact second every fight, and sitting, rebuffing at the exact frequency everytime. No matter how good you are at boxing you cannot accomplish this, and a simple 1 hour log file clearly shows that it is computer ran. This is blatant cheating, easily identified, and DBG will do nothing about it. I have petitioned, as well as 7 others, the same group running for hours in SolB using automated software and there has been 0 response from DBG. Face it, they are not going to enforce rules that would ban people and cost them money, because they don't yet understand it will cost them money in the end with pushing people away.
  4. Jezzie Augur

I'm hoping that Daybreak will do something eventually about the level of automation on Mangler but this experience reminds me of the 18 months I spent on the Vulak server hoping SOE would do something about it. That was a lot of wasted time and wasted SC purchases, something I will never repeat.
    Back then I was a yearly sub so I guess I felt kind of locked in. Now I'm a krono sub and I can cash out at any time and go play for free on Live, maybe wait for the 21st anniversary servers and see if Daybreak makes any changes.

If Daybreak is unable to police their servers then maybe they need a "No box" server. People will box on it but the amount of automation and all the frustration over named camps should decrease dramatically imo. Maybe a No box and a Non True Box server? I'm sure people that 24 box would love to play in their own private instance. They've never had the chance to do so.

One thing that's struck me as odd on this server is the number of people 5 boxing, is this a multiplicity thing? Just seems strange that people don't fill out the group.

I'm tired of hearing people make the excuse for Daybreak that they don't have the resources to enforce their own ToS. People have been saying that since it was SOE. I guess these botters are relying on the extremely poor rules enforcement as they blatantly display their "skills" in highly populated areas. They don't seem to care as it appears Daybreak doesn't either.

I guess there is a pretty good incentive for players to bot these servers. It seems the RMT version of Heroic Toons (level 50 raid geared ) are currently WTS at a whopping $250 a pop. Lock down content and PL toons to sell, seems to pay rather well.

I plan to give it another month but what I've learned from these TLP's is the only people who want to play alongside bots are other people that bot. This isn't just my opinion, the people I talk to in-game say they're not going through it again. With the release of the next server(s) people will jump ship hoping for a better experience. I wish Daybreak could deliver on that.
  5. gommy123 New Member

Umm, I think you're all overlooking something.

Something must be allowing the botters to easily bypass security measures.

There isn't any control of them, despite repeated forum posts.

You never see a GM and the Botters in the same place, at the same time.

Coincidence?
    I think not.

#conspiracytheory
  6. Grailer Augur

I agree , if only all items were no drop .

Of course “ No drop” comes with a different kind of cancer which is thr loot rights selling crowd.

Instances would be the best solution, it worked for World of Warcraft . These /picks are good idea but still too many people needed before new pick is created .
    TheChosenOne, Ragnoruk and Faydark like this.
  7. Paincake Elder

Nah, I disagree with that. Having tradable items is one of the great things about EQ. It's all about freedom. You are free to trade that item you've been using for months to another player. You can even give it to lowbies and they can actually equip and use it (twinking). You are free to kill whatever you want, npc-wise.

Tradable items comes with a cost however. Long spawn times on named mobs, lowered chances on loot tables, etc. That system is in place to keep the economy of EQ somewhat stable. I mean if there were 1000 pairs of GEBS on the market, or if you could simply spawn your own instance of SolB and farm it yourself all you wanted, then the specialness of that item plummets. The game becomes WoW in a sense. WoW rewards players with mountains of new loot all the time. But you know what, and this is coming from someone who played at the top of the game in WoW recently, I cannot name a single item my main characters are equipped with. There's nothing special about them, other than their "item level".

Look back on the history of EQ. When did the game really begin to hemorrhage players? I'm not talking about people that left for another game (WoW), I mean those people who LOVE Everquest, but left due to something about the game. I bet that having level requirements on gear, even more no-drop stuff, and the removal of freedoms within the game and it's system (bard kiting for example) led to a lot of people not liking the "new EQ" much anymore.

Everquest has more freedom than any other mmo ever made. Taking that away is not a good thing.

It's when people take advantage of that freedom (for example - high end guilds perma-camping certain named spawns) and ruin the game for others on a constant basis that should be addressed. Not removed (except for automated botting), but "encouraged" to move on somehow and give others a chance.

Freedom can lead to selfishness which can only be tolerated for so long.
  8. Nessirfiti Augur

Unless something has changed, you can't guide on your play server, and they aren't letting any guides other than Senior guides onto TLPs.
  9. tisk tisk tisk New Member

I can only imagine it would take hours and hours and hours of research to determine who on these servers are using the unmentionable program...
  10. Nekromancy Elder

11. Scruff Elder

need to ban that warlock for maliciously interfering with the gameplay of other human beings, i can't believe he'd post video evidence of himself griefing like that
  12. Zinkeh Augur

I have a problem with both. Especially when it's a camp that has a pop or two and a named on a timer. When you have a guy sitting with 6 boxes in 4 picks out of 5 he is screwing over everyone else trying for a piece of that loot on the server. At that point it doesn't matter if its botting or not.

The sheer and utter lack of enforcement has emboldened these people to levels I've not seen before Mangler. I've been on Phinny, Agnarr, Coirnav and now Mangler. Coirnav was pretty thick with boxers and botters but Mangler is far, far worse in that regard. Every Djarrns ring, Every set of GEB's and almost every single AC ring I've seen has been auctioned by one of their EC tunnel mules.

As on every TLP so far, the "Happy" and "Elf" botter has made his way to agnarr. The guy fielded 24 bots on Agnarr, 24 on Coirnav and I can only assume more on Mangler as he was holding 3 picks in SolB Efreeti by himself. There are not that many mega botter/boxers.....they just have that many accounts.

Reinstate the guide program and this crap would go away in a week. There is no other reason in existence for these same people to make there way from TLP to TLP being on 24/7 at every single major loot camp from Classic to velious than to RMT. There is no other reason. The "Happy" and "Elf" player was rather chatty on Agnarr while holding down the CoS, Fungi, Chokidai Prod, Heirophant, and other camps all at the same time. While chatting he'd send me tells from his other chars across the various camps to show how many places he was. At that time he had at least 24 accounts running 24/7 but insisted during that 24 hour period he was online and "could answer a GM, LOL" if he was ever looked into. He said he loved this life and was making a very comfortable living playing eq....

It's even worse on Mangler and I shouldn't need to post video, chat logs, personal interviews etc with these people to take them out of the game. That is the job of you, Daybreak. Even if you somehow decide that one guy with 24+ accounts dominating 4+ picks of the exact same camp doesn't somehow violate a play fair policy.....Surely the RMT portion of it does. They are selling krono that you would be....for cheaper.
  13. getlostgreg Lorekeeper

Somebody at Daybreak has the power and money to battle this. Whoever that is does not give a .

Waste of energy to get upset. If you can't beat them, join them. Otherwise just except that this is EverQuest.

Or like I said elsewhere, if you really wanna spend some energy get an article about this on a major MMO/gaming website.
  14. Ceffener Augur

There are 1000’s of players leveling, grouping, gearing, and raiding all without botting or buying gear from people who are. Unless you believe all these raids on Mangler are being run by bots (they are not). Bots can’t lock down your AoCs, they can’t even out DPS an actual group that wants a camp.

If you actually want to play, just play. Take a group and take the camp. But there is also a lot more to EQ than GEBs and Hill Giants.
  15. TheChosenOne Augur

Gee i don't see volunteer guides with that kind of power backfiring at all

lol
  16. tisk tisk tisk New Member

I hope daybreak is finally realizing they cannot ignore these cheaters much longer. The proof has been there since coirnav. They have ignored the issue and now it's blowing up in their face and becoming too public and they are scrambling to fix a problem that they ignored for 6 months.

For them to claim they didn't know about cheaters is hard to believe with the info we have access too. They just thought they could ignore the people complaining. If only 4 people complain. Why act on it. But now they are many more people complaining and oh crap they have to actually stop these hackers.

The good side of it is that these hackers are so carefree, they may take a day off but they will never stop botting. They are never going to sit down and grind camps all day. They will always set up their bots and collect their money.

Let's pretend these guys make 1/2 krono an hour afk camping something. Seems pretty bad... well let's multiply that by 3 or 4 because they have 3 to 4 afk camps going at once. And then multiply that by at least 20... average hours they bot per day. Let's pretend someone stops them a few hours a day. So 10 krono per day per afk camp. Wow 30 to 40 krono per day and all they have to do is turn their script on and sometimes look at their showeq to see if someone is trying to harass their bots.

Well yeah it doesn't take a genius to see why they continue to afk bot.
  17. Nykara2 Elder

Pretty sure guides had a strict set of rules to follow but lets face it. For a BOT army, theyd only need to remove them from the zone and problem solved for a few hrs until the bot human realised what happened where as a legit atk boxer would be able to just pick up and head right back in there. No harm done to anyone but the illegal botters who would have their scripts disputed.
  18. bobthedruid New Member

As the Developer said in another post regarding bots "Be patient". Followed by an immediate lock. He also locked a ten page thread regarding cheaters, then started ranting about how hard it is to allocate resources to fixing the problem. We pay for a service that promises a true-box environment, and states that bots / automation etc is against their EULA. They do not deliver on these issues. Just "Be patient" though. The current bot has been floating around since 2016. Perhaps in another three years, they will get a fix up and running!

"Be patient" is kind of catchy though. Might make a good protest slogan.
  19. bobthedruid New Member

Until the community holds this company accountable, and stops making excuses on their behalf nothing will change. Make sure you do not train someone that is running bots / scripting though, GM might get you for that!
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Be patient! There is only 1 more expansion on selo where open world is relevant!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.