Returning player - Necromancer 56 where to solo

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Skryz, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Skryz New Member

Hi,

I am back in the game after more than 14 years. I choose to play my necromancer 56. I am soloing in Skyfire Mountains. I am a causal player but I still enjoy the game.

I would like to know what are the best zones to solo with my necro up to 65.

Thanks,
  2. Tachyon Augur

On one of the TLPs or a live server? On the TLPs Howling Stones is great XP. Plane of Nightmare is good as well.
  3. Skryz New Member

Oops. Thanks Tachyon.
    I am on a live server.
  4. Phiyre Augur

PoI, PoN, PoD. Should be able to play in the planes til 70+. BoT is pretty good upper 60's. Plane of Fire is another good one. Lot's of PoP zones are good for your lvl though.
  5. Rasbis Lorekeeper

There is a little room in Plane of Tactics just to the left end of the pit, upstairs, with NO mobs. I used to pull mobs to that room and agro kite for hours on end. After my 15 year vacation I came back and at 65 still got decent xp in that location advancing to 66. Not sure about 56 level but if you can keep them snared and dotted the xp would be fantastic.
  6. Iriwa New Member

LOL

Glad to see your name again, Skryz!!

I wonder if you remember my name? :)

A bard which has the ID, "Iriwa"

and a Cleric which has the ID, "Whiteblood"

I'm trying to back the game, either, but U know UIs etc. are kinda awkward :(
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

8. Skryz New Member

Thanks guys.
    For all the information and your time.

Enjoy the game.

@Iriwa: Sorry but I don't remember your name. That's a long time ago :)
  9. Fluid Augur

There are some features added that I find useful. Go to PoK and hit 'find' button for Franklin Teek. Teek gives out daily assignments to zones with double experience. Sometimes he gets you in over your head so if you get run out of a zone, just do a lower mission. i.e. if the level 60 mission is kicking your butt, do a level 55 or 50.

The map really has been upgraded with features that make it indispensable. With the map open, click zone guide. From there you can sort zones by level. It is a little more hit and miss finding a solo area that is compatible with your character's race, religion, and type, but you get a good in game reference. Once you find an area you want to try, highlight it and click ~set destination at the bottom of the guide, then click find path. It should give you a highlighted path to follow as well as the series of zones you must go through.

BTW: I hate the Skyfire zone for soloing! The pathing and adds... Sheesh! But in general, unless it is a Hot Zone, stick to older zones. The MOBs will have fewer hit points, hit softer, and drop like a bag of dirt in older zones compared to the latest expansions.
  10. Skryz New Member

Thanks a lot Fluid.
    I will check Franklin Teek. The feature in the map is pretty map.
  11. Rasbis Lorekeeper

Skyfire can be a pain in the backside but it is a Teek hot zone. I found a spot against the wall just to the left of Velks where NOTHING lives. Mobs tend to path spawning there and heading into the zone. If you can catch them spawning and pull back to the wall agro kiting should be pretty good. Never played the Necro in that zone but when I got back my 54 ranger did the Teek quest in Skyfire a few times with healer merc.
    Fluid likes this.
  12. Fluid Augur

Yes, thanks for the tip but I think I am never going back!

I think the rotation is back to Velketor's so we should be able to skip a round of Hotzones in Skyfire for a while. I just spent a couple of nights in Skyfire because I was doing a Magician Epic. If I hadn't brought along a high level character and a couple of Mercs, would have never made it. Forced to talk to an NPC that paths right along the MOB paths. I think there were about 6 MOBs on us at once. :)

Scarlet Desert
    Velketor's Labyrinth Bottled Frost Essence
    Old Sebilis
    Skyfire Mountains Molten Salve
    The Deep
    Plane of Innovation
    Rasbis likes this.