[Selo] Clarification on unlock schedule

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Foaming, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

In the original Selo FAQ https://www.everquest.com/news/selo-progression-server-faq-2019 it is stated "here will be no voting for content unlocks, and the server won’t wait until all raid content is defeated before the expansion unlock timers start. Instead, on the first Wednesday of each month a new expansion will be unlocked, starting with The Planes of Power on May 1, 2019."

However, in the Guide to progression servers https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-what-is-a-progression-server it is stated "Ruleset: True-Box Timelocked Progression - New expansions unlock automatically every 4 weeks, and only one EverQuest client may be run per computer."

These are conflicting statements and makes planning time off extremely difficult because the dates do not line up, at all. A clarification would be awesome, thanks.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Funny enough it's actually neither of these! But they do all fall on Wednesdays. The easiest way to tell the selo unlock dates is to use the ingame /calendar function but for those at work:

PoP - Wednesday, May 1st (6 weeks after Luclin)
    LDoN - Wednesday, May 29th (4 weeks after PoP)
    GoD - Wednesday, July 3 (5 weeks after LDoN)
    OoW - Wednesday, July 31st (4 weeks after GoD)
    DoN - Wednesday, August 28th (4 weeks after OoW)
    DoDH - Wednesday, October 2nd (5 weeks after DoN)

The trend continues similar to that where SOMETIMES its the first Wednesday of each month (as long as it has been at least 4 weeks but no more than 5 weeks).
    yerm likes this.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Wow that schedule looks like poverty and divorce.
    Nykara2 and Barton like this.
  4. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Myself, and many others, are still looking for an official word on what the exact unlock schedule is. Conflicting information is bad for everyone.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The in game calendar is what they will follow.

But are you really scheduling time off every month for these launches?
  6. Heartland Augur

Most of these expansions only take around a day to clear, so shouldn't be a big ask.
  7. Protagonist Tank

The above is the official word. Type /cale in game.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Something is off. I'll look into it. The FAQ is correct, the Calendar is off.

My best guess is I had LoY opening at the incorrect time and when I fixed that, I messed up the rest and didn't notice. (The spreadsheet has a formula for the dates, so one error cascaded.)
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Correcting my data (It should make the April Patch, though it's not critical until the May patch)

it will look like:
    Progression: Selo: PoP Unlocks 5/1/2019
    Progression: Selo: LoY Unlocks 5/1/2019
    Progression: Selo: LDoN Unlocks 6/5/2019
    Progression: Selo: GoD Unlocks 7/3/2019
    Progression: Selo: OoW Unlocks 8/7/2019
    Progression: Selo: DoN Unlocks 9/4/2019
    Progression: Selo: DoD Unlocks 10/2/2019
    Progression: Selo: PoR Unlocks 11/6/2019
    Progression: Selo: TSS Unlocks 12/4/2019
    Progression: Selo: TBS Unlocks 1/1/2020
    Progression: Selo: SoF Unlocks 2/5/2020
    Progression: Selo: SoD Unlocks 3/4/2020
    Progression: Selo: UF Unlocks 4/1/2020
    Progression: Selo: HoT Unlocks 5/6/2020
    Progression: Selo: VoA Unlocks 6/3/2020
    Progression: Selo: RoF Unlocks 7/1/2020
    Progression: Selo: CotF Unlocks 8/5/2020
    Progression: Selo: TDS Unlocks 9/2/2020
    Progression: Selo: TBM Unlocks 10/7/2020
    Progression: Selo: EoK Unlocks 11/4/2020
    Progression: Selo: RoS Unlocks 12/2/2020
    Progression: Selo: TBL Unlocks 1/6/2021
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  10. Aqua of Selos New Member

Question about PoP, are BoT and HoH going to be opened at 62 for everyone like they eventually got opened up on live or will we have to flag for it?

I personally think it'd be a great idea to have them opened considering how little time players get before the next big content patch.
  11. a_librarian Augur

Those changes are tied to LDoN now. Info on allakhazam:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Planes_of_Power#Plane_Access_Changes
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

We did it TLP boards!
    Kattria Minx and yerm like this.
  13. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Thank you, Ngreth!