Is it time for DGB to admit they don't care about AFK Bots?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arraden, Jan 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It doesn't matter if he is AFK or not, botting and using illegal software should me a ban.
    Barton and Tatanka like this.
  2. Tappin Augur

The problem is it doesn't - not on live anyway. That is why an accidental train works wonders.
  3. tradeskiller New Member

here was my responce from gm dunbar today on ppl using axtive hacks like warping pretty much forcing me to video ppl doing it too shame on the player using these programs too
    warping zek player gronky /mikee/ and a few other toons in ascending dawn guild

• jnsnm
      Today at 11:30

was in dragon scaled hills therre is only 1 access to the gmm cannon and the player gronky warped from the port in tower ring on my other toon down by the cannon watched him switch target from that point in zone and warp right on to my sk this guild has been busted several times by players who are using auto res hacks and warping
    • Danny "Dunbar" L.
      Today at 12:27

Greetings jnsnm,

This is GM Dunbar. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We will investigate this report and take appropriate action based on our findings. We appreciate your help in keeping EverQuest a fair and friendly place. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day and thank you for playing EverQuest!
      Safe travels,
      Senior GM Dunbar
      Daybreak Games
    • jnsnm
      Today at 14:17

gm dunbar this mater has been on going now for months of not just that person using active hacks on this server and a majority of it use in one guild is a great concern to the population of zek it a pvp server with many people using these 3rd party programs used to do things that are not in class spaicficl use like dotasuarsus using rune hack and speed hacks and sos hacks a necro cant sos even if there was a rog in group but not in the zone with him using shroud of stealth and not using a cloak sos from summon mages this one did times in under aminites time passing can you explain if itf it was posible how a necromancer could posible do that with out using a program like mmobugz which hAS ITS OWN DISCORD CHANNEL WHERE YOU OFTEN SEE TOON NAMES FROM ZEK IN THERE CHAT CHANNELS I DONT FEEL like this mather is resolved at all till i see changes made on policy and i think public annoced when a cheater gets caught
    • Danny "Dunbar" L.
      Today at 15:11

Greetings jnsnm,

This is GM Dunbar. This matter has not been going on for months, it has been going on for almost as long as EQ has been around. Be that as it may, all reports of such behavior are investigated thoroughly and action is taken against those found cheating. If you would like to see announcements made regarding this issue or an update to policy, then I encourage you to post on the game forums here https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php. The developers often look to the forums for feedback on game content and you may rally support from other players there too; which often helps your case with the developers.

I do not make policy, I just enforce it. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day and thank you for playing DCUO!
      Safe travels,
      Senior GM Dunbar
      Daybreak Games
    • jnsnm
      Today at 20:04

when i see ban for them using hacks and what other proof did i need to supple for you to stop these players and guild using such programs like putting a video of them using it up in forums and shaming the players using it and the email of the responce of no action taken by said game gaming platform
  4. Tappin Augur

Even if they get banned they will be up and running in two weeks doing same old stuff.
  5. EQ Dev Developer

Your enthusiasm for EQ's health is appreciated. We do care about AFK bots. However, the EQ team has limited resources. Between developing new expansions, keeping existing servers running, and launching new servers, handling issues that come up is not always prompt. It is also difficult to find time to fix the latest and greatest ways players circumvent the rules. It does happen, it just takes time.
    code-zero likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.