Efreeti script/bot crews

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Forevernecro, Apr 9, 2019.

1. dundada3100 Elder

bring all the LDCs and FD, problem solved.
  2. Serona Elder

Simple solution:

Ban everyone, then, no one can complain about botters and botters can't bot?
  3. code-zero Augur

Maybe part of the problem is that some people see bots where there are no bots. Of course those people aren't getting banned when they're investigated. These forums are worse than a neighborhood watch groups facebook page that allows open commenting by people with a sketchy grasp of how the law works
    Volts likes this.
  4. Coppercoz Augur

Fun solution would be to make these phat lewt locations like the arenas.
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I can imagine this solution would be worse than the problem for people who play legitimately and want to camp things that are in demand.
  6. bobthedruid New Member

You are worse than an anti-vaxxer.

All the evidence, proof and information readily accessible to counter your view, and yet you still plunge your head in the sand.
  7. Pharone Elder

The botters have been on every TLP server, and honestly the complaints about them have been on the forums every time a new TLP server rolls out. Nothing changes.

So... here's how you deal with it.

Get some friends, and go to where a botter is setup. DPS race them. Heck let them pull, let them do part of the damage... just beat them on total damage. You win.

If you take away their source of income (aka the loot they are selling), they will go away. They don't do it because they enjoy playing the game.

If things are truly as bad as people say they are on the Mangler server, then it shouldn't be that hard to find like minded individuals to create a guild that targets botters. You could literally make a thing out of farming botter camps. Make it a raid. Have fun.

Remember, the official rule of killing mobs on a TLP server is "DPS Wins". DBG fully supports "DPS Wins". You are doing nothing wrong by out DPSing a bot group.

Enjoy.
    getlostgreg likes this.
  8. getlostgreg Lorekeeper

Looking for guild. PST.
  9. a_librarian Augur

then you go to bed and their script continues running and making them money. This is what bots do
    oldkracow likes this.
  10. Pharone Elder

Ok, but their argument was that the non-botters were being blocked out of the content. If they are able to get use of the content during the hours they play, then who cares what the botters do after they log off?
  11. Ruggar Lorekeeper

You could just make the the phat loot camp like gebs lore.. problem solved.
  12. code-zero Augur

you have proof other than "I looked at them and they look like botters to me!" if there's an analog to anti-vaxxers in this argument its the bot conspiracy people who are convinced that every group holding down a camp they want is afk bots
  13. Mad_Mikey Elder

Bind at zoneline. Loot item. Origin back to town. Run 10 seconds to bank. Put item in shared bank slot. Gate back. Loot another item.

If you get a third, log in mule char on same account, move item from shared bank slot. Repeat.
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Oh no let me setup the 7th man in that group that gates to the ec tunnel transfers to the mule then gates back waiting on the next loot.

I'm sure that above can be automated as well.
  15. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I think bring enough dps or go home. And if you did bring enough dps, get enough inventory of these lovely GEBs...undercut said or alleged botters and lower the price on that item, thus making their future efforts less rewarding. Hitting them in the bottom line is the very best place to get them.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. bobthedruid New Member

You could always collectively demand that the company provides the promised support to their paying customer base.

Community should not have to take it upon themselves (not that I'm against it) to prevent true-box circumvention and bots that break the stated rules. Why so many people accept this and continue to fight among themselves is beyond me.
  17. Xeris Augur

What promised support was there ?
  18. yerm Augur

You might get these guys to pause. You might even get them to move elsewhere. It certainly would be a nicer environment if they only hogged efreeti when others weren't grouped there and/or did their farming at raw plat camps like rm and ef which left the unique items to real players.

To actually get them to stop entirely you have to get people to stop buying from them. So long as they can sell in game goods (particularly krono) for real money they will always come back.