The wow classic "no changes" crowd sure could learn alot from us.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hinastorm86, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Hinastorm86 Augur

With the recent announcement they they are keeping the idiotic pvp rank system from original vanilla (in a nutshell, whoever has the most playtime gets the highest rank/best gear. You need to play 20 hours a day, everyday, for weeks, to compete) I feel like they could learn alot from our servers over the years.

Upon trying to explain what a bad decision this is, I get bombarded with hate from the "no changes" crowd, a group committed to pure vanilla wow at all costs.

I understand the desire to not want to open the pandoras box of possible changes, but the fact is some are no brainers, like this dumb rank system.

Like us, they'll learn that people by and large care about play-ability far more than they care about purity. Guess i'll be skipping pvp in the meantime.
  2. tofu stir fry Augur

wrong game dude ..... put down the pipe
  3. a_librarian Augur

I think it will take Blizzard literally years to learn the lessons that EQ has in developing their progression server concept. They aren't a company that learns or moves fast. I look forward to reading about the shitshow that will surround their first classic server launch
    Hinastorm86 and eepok like this.
  4. Undustas Lorekeeper

Well to be fair it isn't the "best" loot.

Also once you hit 60 in classic it takes at least 12 weeks to hit rank 14.

Most people will get to rank 10-11 pretty easily but for the rank 14 gear raiding will still be comparable. It's not as if the pvp gear is t3 equivalent durring molten core.
  5. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The best gear in Vanilla WoW comes from AQ and NAXX 40.

It's a lot easier to say No Changes then to explain to knownothings like yourself why their ignorant opinion isn't valid.
  7. TheChosenOne Augur

Why you posting about that garbage game in an Everquest TLP forum? That game is for 13 year olds, no one cares.
  8. getlostgreg Lorekeeper

I'm glad I grew out of the EQ superiority attitude. It's fuckin cringe.
    Faydark and Kurway like this.
  9. Hinastorm86 Augur

Ya, apparently. I'd argue its people who lack critical thinking skills, and can't accept that certain things were just plain busted. You do you bud.
  10. Hinastorm86 Augur

The process they are about to go through is directly relevant to the years long process these TLPs have gone through, I made that point pretty clear.

Go troll somewhere else.
  11. Ceffener Augur

Sounds exactly like an EQ TLP.
  12. yerm Augur

Lots of people play both eq and wow, usually back and forth or sometimes simultaneously. Most gaming forums will include mentions of other games, eg paradox plaza has threads for their "rivals" like total war and civ. Their devs will openly talk about playing these games on their twitch/youtube videos.

Playing only one game forever is not normal. There is nothing wrong with a very relevant WoW discussion comparing tlps.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I don't care if things are "busted"
    I don't want your backwards version of WoW "Classic" that's "balanced"
    The OG PvP rewards system is fine.
    The only thing Blizzard could "learn" would be to allow servers to progress to TBC and WotLK also.
  14. Rothj Augur

I don't prefer Everquest this way. I would rather a fresh luclin no changes progression server. This wins out over a 10 year old time locked server by default. They release a corpse run old style combat server, I'm rolling there and not looking back. In fact I think most players like me are just not playing here so you have an echo chamber for modern day eq. Some people do want a deeper experience.
  15. Ishbu Augur

I dont care at all about WoW but there is a reason p99 still has a healthy population daily that exceeds any live server and any TLP that gets a few expansions in.

A server that mimics classic, flaws and all, plays to the nostalgia.
    Icaen likes this.
  16. jeskola pheerie

If you believe that, I have a bridge I would like to offer you via RMT.
  17. Tierdal Augur

why would anyone want to play wow? no community , no challenge, closed off small world, no need to ever chat with anyone ever. its a singleplayer game with awful content that you have to pay monthly for.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  18. Ceffener Augur

Except 0 of your statements are correct.
    getlostgreg likes this.
  19. Absor Developer

I send my sympathy to the folks working on it.
    code-zero, Yinla, Ulain and 6 others like this.
  20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I like EQ for reasons, and I like WoW for reasons. Sometimes those reasons overlap and sometimes they don't. Both games offer different MMO experiences, the biggest draw to me right now is that I have gotten the EQ TLP "Experience" for YEARS now (since Ragefire essentially not counting Fippy) and there is only so much more enjoyment I can get out of it.

Classic WoW might be a heaping pile when it launches and maybe it'll be great and bring back all the nostalgia i had 15 years ago. Either way, it's something DIFFERENT and more than anything that's something I can get excited for though I have no doubt I'll end up back on EQ at some point.

Quarm 2.0 When?
    Ulain and getlostgreg like this.