Botters ruining TLP, what do Daybreak?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kronotowin, Apr 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I don't know the botting is analogous to murder?
  2. took2summit11 Augur

Ok, if there’s video evidence of someone stealing a box of Cheerios from the grocery store, it needs to be taken care of swiftly and appropriately. You do understand the whole point of an analogy is that it’s taking different scenarios?

The point is that there’s video evidence of wrong doing, and whether it’s prevelant or not doesn’t matter. It’s not saying that botting is the same as stealing Cheerios or murdering.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Well, yes, but an analogy is also meant to represent the context of the issue it is referencing. Trying to express botting as analogous to murder overstates the severity of the problem.

Also worth noting that the evidence provided needs to also be verified and considered and does not in and of itself justify swift punishment. False accusation is potentially as much of a problem as lack of justice.
  4. took2summit11 Augur

What? Are you that bot team? Thinking that video is showing anything other than a bot team is laughable. Even if you think there’s a chance they aren’t botting (LOL), the fact that the puller targets the next mob BEFORE he even leaves his camp and the next mob is halfway across the zone, is enough evidence. After 20 years, I have yet to find a way to target my next mob with 10 walls blocking my LOS.
    Barton likes this.
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I'm not defending that bot team or discrediting the video. I would like to see bot teams removed and banned.

I am saying it takes more than "LOOK IT'S SO OBVIOUS" to justify a ban, and that requires allocating resources, and that is likely why these problems persist and have for decades.
  6. Paincake Elder

And this is why things do not get done swiftly and completely. You think that there has to be a "by-the-book" investigation and policing on the issue. Nope, it doesn't. You get a guide in there (I know what power they have/had, because I used to be one), who is totally invisible to players, and within 5-10 minutes that guide would see and catch these botters in action. Then they could easily banish them from zone, insta-kill them, etc. Then it could be escalated to the server GM for the "investigation" and potential warning/ban. But the problem would be instantly dealt with for the time being, and real players could get to playing the game.

Bring back the volunteer guide program....problem will be solved.
    Ragnoruk and took2summit11 like this.
  7. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

The problem certainly still existed when we had a volunteer guide program.
  8. Byun Elder

I'll most likely try and get video of Niz's other two groups. He's the only person I've seen so far that looks like he's fully automated.

I think the use of VM's and Eq bot has made the casual botters more common overall. I really don't think too many people have a working version of em queue two. Most are using VM bypass with EQ Bot.

I have played 4 tlp's now and 3 seriously, this is by far the worst server so far for the amount of 6 boxers. There are definitely legitimate boxers out there. I think the number using software to assist though is quite high.

For a "true box" server that is advertised, it sure doesn't look that way. Also the lack of response/enforcement is also a bit disheartening.
  9. Paincake Elder

Yeah, the guide program had it's own set of problems. However, at least it was "something". As it is now, according to the people on this thread, petitions aren't even being answered.

It's kindof like this. You have a neighborhood of close-knit people. Then suddenly a group of thugs decide to come in and start to cause trouble. You call the cops, everyone calls the cops, but it's a busy signal every time. Everyone leaves voicemail for the cops, and hopes to get a callback or response soon. Days go by, thugs are still at it, causing trouble.

What should be done at that point? An assembly of the neighborhood people to form up a group of people and shut that down. Obviously.

So what can be done by OUR "neighborhood" on Mangler? Well, form up a group of people and shut it down. Self policing. The problem is, our hands are kindof tied up, as we don't always have the ability to stop it from happening, even temporarily. Can't train them without enough mobs to train with. We can KS them perhaps, but the people that could actually use those camps are there for exp and are too low of a level to KS a group of 6 level 50 bots. Not much else we can do.

So.....volunteer guide program.
  10. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Well, my point was more that botting and permacamping was a problem when there was a volunteer guide program as well. I wouldn't resist a volunteer guide program coming back. I'm not going to support frontier justice because that comes with a whole slew of other problems. I just think it's important to be realistic about expectations with "this will fix it" ideas that have been tried before and didn't fix it.

It is likely not a one-shot fix. It's probably not entirely fixable.
  11. Thash Zoner

That's when the real cops, who were seemingly so busy, suddenly show up and you discover that your peacekeeping crusade was actually an act of unsolicited aggression and public menace. You bear the ban.

No one knows why the cops do this...
  12. Paincake Elder

Haha, yeah, it's F'd up isn't it? :)
  13. Paincake Elder

I mean, I get what you're saying..."frontier justice" can the be excuse for a lot of bad crap that could begin to happen. But at the same time, it's better than just sitting there on your hands. Something is better than nothing. When a better fix is implemented, then that "something" can be done away with....hopefully.
  14. Pharone Elder

15. dundada3100 Elder

Just train them over and over and over until they get the point and move on to another game. If they refuse to do anything about the problem then its up to the players to handle it. DBG is not gonna ban half the server just to keep a few bot groups happy.
  16. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

The sad irony of the situation is he'd likely report you for training and then youd end up with a 7 day ban yourself. The fact this guy is STILL GOING at the SAME CAMP almost a week after the video was posted, petitioned several times, and responded to as "we will investigate it" by multiple GMs really only proves that Daybreak fronts about "Caring about third party software" but wont actually ever do anything.
    Barton likes this.
  17. Grailer Augur

Hey man I hate botters too but consider this .

These automated AI bots are farming 24/7 and flooding the market with items.

Now I know there are other camps that are semi decent for getting plat
    So getting enough plat to buy item that the bots are farming is pretty easy.

Therefore you arent forced to pay Real money for kronos to buy item you want.

Just takes a bit of farming to save up the plat to buy Kronos is all.

Not defending bots but consider them as our slaves farming items for us that we can casually buy when we get enough plat.
  18. a_librarian Augur

lol
  19. a_librarian Augur

botters don't compete with themselves on price when it comes to the items they hoard. They are the ones that set the prices (assuming there is high demand) because they dominate the camps. They will probably end the classic era with dozens and dozens of extra drops they didn't sell because they would rather keep the prices extremely high than sell in high volume
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  20. code-zero Augur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.