Is it time for DGB to admit they don't care about AFK Bots?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arraden, Jan 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arraden Augur

No one said he was amazing... or affirmed that.
    His DPS is higher than a casual group and, it did require raid geared guild to do the out DPSing. so...

And, the reason for the thread, is to note to DGB devs and the comms team that it's clear, that even when multiple sources of evidence are provided, that not taking any actions is not a sign that they care about this kind of behaviour.

Although the community has dealt with it, in game, DGB hasn't. That is the problem still to be addressed.
    Barton, Yinla and Tatanka like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The problem is, there were different groups, and different encounters, and they all had differing outcomes. So, the reports conflicted. But overall, it seems the server has joined together to take care of the issue.
  3. Arraden Augur

/happy
    /chuckle
  4. Makma New Member

You would think rules was made to benefit the players sometimes. I have tried a lot of things. Never in my time in EQ have I seen a player more harassing than Ewwq AFK software kill group. No matter what the rules is. This program.. I mean player is poision to EQ. Wouldn't be surprised if he's costing subscription on AB.
    I have no idea why daybreak would allow this for even this long.
    Graves likes this.
  5. NeverPayForLag Augur

This is BS. It is not the programs fault, it is the player.

The player gets creamed now and it has only to do with his rude way to treat people. He gives a darn about respect, the good old AB-manners and the way people should communicate in the game. Thats it. Now the camp rotates between the players and everybody gets his tells to take it. Like it should be.

And if somebody has such a problem that he "unsubscribes" then he searched only for a reason or has other problems besides that.

Gratz Rulah and friends!
    Hope you got your Aug yesterday!
    Arraden likes this.
  6. Thraine Augur

I wish we had a Ewwq on povar, id love to have a program (that the devs dont care about) pull for me while my group and i DPS lmao

pulling if for the birds sometimes :p
  7. Brohg Augur

The only crystal clear hacking to me is getting a type18 augment in Mearatas. No one in my guild across some hundreds of named there has gotten one.
  8. enclee Augur

How has DBG not done anything about the botter or this thread? If he’s got 12 characters I just suggest bringing an enchanter and doing a memory wipe at like 5%.
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

Some with PVP experience? I should try that :cool:
    Action in the Mearatas Center - you need at moment around 1,7M to beat his crew :p
    Possible to do :D
  10. Bikk Journeyman

Make sure you post the video. Im sure im not the only one who enjoyed the past few.
    Arraden likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, at least he's not in OT botting any more, so it's still a win.
    Arraden likes this.
  12. Fohpo Augur

If he's pulling any named other than the 1 in the center, can't you just High Sun or does that not work anymore?
  13. Makma New Member

So as there's nothing being done about this. Even when he's own video shows stuff not running in normal EQ. Is that also accept for others to run whatever software ? guess it could be useful for some of the farming.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

Just be patient and people need to keep submitting evidence of behaviors that are abnormal for the game. I know the old if you cant beat them join them mentality sounds appealing but you don't want to risk your own accounts should someone report you.

The reality is resources are stretched thin. Add to this what I can only imagine are massive reports of bots on the TLP servers every time someone sees someone boxing and I am sure the mountain of "bot" complaints is high. Its for this reason why players should only submit these types of complaints when they actually see abnormal behaviors and they should submit it with video evidence. All of the false reports or reporting of silly things just bogs down the system and makes it more difficult for them to actually act on real issues. If you have not read some of the TLP threads you might consider doing so and you will see exactly what I mean especially after the launch of a new TLP. If we had a GM designated just for the live server issues I imagine things like this would get taken care of in a more timely manner.
  15. daBlubb Elder

Hi, want to bump this thread.
    The guy now starts to steal spawned nameds in GMM.
    I spawned a named orc and was just killing an add. His whole group suddenly appears, kills the named and then evacs, leaving you with all the adds he aggroed during the fight.

I know some groups are able to out dps him, but i dont.

I want to have fun in this game and not always go into another zone cause i see one of his groups. GMM is easier, so he is able to have 1 group in main zone and 1 in the other pick.

Cheating isnt allowed but no one cares he does and his bad behaviour doesnt seem to interest anyone.
    The only thing we know is that one member who trained him got suspended for 3 days.

Antonius Bayle has such a nice community and one player is ruining all the fun.

daBlubb
  16. svann Augur

They werent afk if they were able to report your friend. They would have just come back hours later and wonder why they died.
  17. Coaca New Member

The player is not afk while he steals "your" nameds at european day time. The chars are afk killing over night at easier zones. One group is in overthere at the skyfire zone.

Still frustrating that you cannot do anything about it. In real life self justice isnt allowed, so you call the police. In everquest its also not allowed (train em), so you do a report. But nothing happens.
    Its not just that he steals "your mobs", which isnt mentioned in the eula, its the use of a not allowed scripting software.
  18. tanith Augur

Always astonishes me when a bunch of people pop up defending this stuff.
    This is the kind of thing that ruins the game for people - spend many hours popping a mob and then before you can blink someone's taken it. Sure **** happens sometimes - but over and over again? And so you move to a pick zone and suddenly - guess who's also now in the pick zone?
    And 'friends' magically appear in GMM and other zones within seconds of a rare named popping too - just after they ganked a named in a completely different place?
    It really needs action. It's not good for the game. People get disheartened. The whole thing isn't fun any more - and this is supposed to be fun
    Can we fix this please?
    Ghubuk and Apollyon like this.
  19. Tappin Augur

I’m sure they ban who they catch, but it’s not cost effective to deal with problem on live. It’s too bad there isn’t more community support for this.
    tanith likes this.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Always astonishes me when people keep saying people keep defending this stuff.

You must have magic glasses, cause I sure don't see it.
    Brohg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.