Botters ruining TLP, what do Daybreak?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kronotowin, Apr 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a_librarian Augur

Also this thread will be deleted and the person who posted that video will get a warning for posting it. That's how they respond to evidence of cheating being posted here
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  2. That One Guy Augur

Daybreak response: please use petitions for these things so we can more easily sweep these issues under the rug. We would hate for our lack of enforcement to be shown to all the people who read the forums!

For real though if the devs are reading this. You have some people turning a blind eye. We have sent so much proof and the botters dont even hide it anymore. The GMs need to be taught some things because it's so easy to spot that these guys are cheating. Incredibly easy.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  3. SearingCorpse Lorekeeper

yep tons of automation, that video shows automation of melee characters, you can see when the assist code goes into play, the bard/monk run at the kobold like a /pet attack, there's tons of this going on in every camp right now
  4. That One Guy Augur

Good news guys. The petition I put in 12 hours ago about them being currently afk... just got responded to and it will be investigated!! So useful.
    Meridian and Prepared like this.
  5. Aziuno Augur

If the whole server just flagged red, it wouldn't be an issue.
  6. Sandrito Elder

Not everyone wants to pay to win, and if people stop paying krono then this wouldn’t be an issue.

That said, DAoC had a perfect strat to stop high level farmers taking loot camps from lower levels, and that strategy was if the mob was gray con, no loot would drop. Simple and easy to implement and it worked
  7. Meridian Augur

I hope that before they ban them, the GM says 'Botters like you have ruined your own lands! You'll not ruin mine!'
    Aziuno likes this.
  8. That One Guy Augur

What do you do about the botter doing freeti though 100% automated
  9. GNOME_POWER Augur

It seems to me that a malicious gnome is trying to steal a camp.
    code-zero and Prepared like this.
  10. Blastoff Augur

If they're botting drop the zone on their head. Problem solved, oldschool eq policed it's own community, no reason we can't do the same. They're not as powerful as you think, on truebox tlp their methods of circumventing truebox rules make them weak and unable to respond to bad pulls from other players.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

You are going to waste time attempting to train some bot group?
    For what to disrupt them for a few hours?

What's that going to do other than waste your own time, you are better off making a bot team on the same 24/7 schedule.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Blastoff Augur

Imo dropping half the zone on a bunch of bots provides a wholes lot more entertainment than getting their trash bot krono farming accounts banned. They circumvent true-box rules with hardware that does the same exact thing. I can't imagine any GM intervening over a bad pull in this case.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  13. TheChosenOne Augur

Population would plummet to nothing...

You've have a bunch of neckbeards in 1 or 2 guilds that would basically dominate entire zones/areas of the game... You wouldn't be able to leave a city or safe area without getting instantly killed

It would turn into Quake/Counterstrike/some other FPS basically, it wouldnt be Everquest anymore.
  14. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

This is a terrible idea and would have made it impossible for me to do Epic quests on all but one of my characters because by the time I started them a lot of the mobs I needed loot from were grey cons.
  15. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Ah, a play on words...ALL gnomes are malicious! You've been discovered!!!
  16. r_sin New Member

I just wish there was a way to actively petition and get these guys removed from the game. whenever I try to actually take the time to petition the botters using /petition, I cant even load video evidence to my ticket because it times out on the upload. its so much effort to even try to petition these guys, and then when you finally do, Its like there is no system in place to actually catch cheaters, and daybreak seems to not really even care.
  17. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I wonder if uploading the video evidence to YouTube or somewhere and just linking the video in the petition would solve this problem.
  18. taliefer Augur

i dont disagree. but its obvious DBG lacks the ability/will to take care of it.

i also dont think its near as prevalent as people make out. its annoying, and shouldnt be allowed to happen, but the way some people talk youd think every camp everywhere is held down by box/bot crews.

the paranoia is so bad ive actually been in a group full of actual people and had that group been accused of being a box crew, because people were stationary besides the puller
    Volts likes this.
  19. Volts Elder

"That group has a camp I want, they MUST be botters"
  20. took2summit11 Augur

I don’t even play on Mangler, but whether it’s prevelant or not is besides the point. There’s video evidence of it happening and it needs to be taken care of yesterday. DBG’s silence on the clear BOTTING (not boxing) is disturbing. If there was a population of a million people and there was video evidence of someone murdering someone else, but it was the only murder ever and therefore not prevelant, it still should be punished swiftly and appropriately.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.