Is Multi-questing still possible?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Paincake, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Prathun Developer

Aye, exactly. These were targeted changes aimed at a few quests.
    The team doesn't have any short-term plans to remove all multi-questing from EverQuest.

For funsies, I checked to see how long it'd take to write an SQL update statement to do just this. Note: I didn't actually run it. This was merely a test of the time involved in changing the data.
    Stopwatch shows 34.02s. Most of that time was spent querying the DB table to get the name and spelling of the column right. It might have been much quicker to have taken an educated guess on the column name and hope that the first attempt was correct. I also lost a second or two starting and stopping the stopwatch timer because I didn't have a helper. :)
    PathToEternity, snailish and Brumans like this.
  2. escapegoat New Member

Bahahahaha
  3. Progress Augur

Don't poke the bear.
  4. Serona Elder

Haha, nice .. is that because items have some "multiquest" tag that tells the game whether it can be or not? I assumed at the quest level the difference between MQable and not MQable quests was whether all items were required to be handed in at the same time.
  5. Prathun Developer

The column is in the quest table, yep. Not on items. Your assumption was 100% correct. :)
    Serona likes this.
  6. qweasy Augur

Speaking of making stuff non-MQable...
    Any chance a fix for 10th coldain ring war in DZs will be in for April patch?
  7. Prathun Developer

Any more information? Is there an issue tracker entry for this?
  8. qweasy Augur

In the open world event, it starts by giving Sentry Badain the declaration of war. In a DZ this step is skipped by giving the 9th ring to the AoC. There must have been a flag added on that step because after completing the event in the DZ the person who started the event can't loot Narandi's head.

Don't know about the tracker but there were some posts in the live bug forum.
    Prathun likes this.
  9. Fluid Augur

IMO: Kind of a 'don't fix what ain't broke' issue. Just for reference sake, FV is one of the oldest and most popular servers. The ability to trade stuff eliminates 90% of the hassles with and hasn't resulted in a lot of negative game play. I'll agree it was a problem with people perma camping spawn/ Reputedly they were destroying items to bottleneck quests & inflate their prices, but that was decades ago.

But it will always be a problem on a TLP server until the next expansion gets unlocked. Only so many Dyllin Starsines and Quillmanes available in the game.
  10. Kukaw Augur

Kinda cool you can say "Decades ago" :D
    Prathun likes this.
  11. Prathun Developer

Verified and fixed internally. The Agent of Change method for doing the 10th ring war bypassed the step where you handed the Declaration of War and the 9th Ring to Sentry Badain. I've changed the way this works so that Sentry Badain (version 1) is in his tower in the instance. Handing him the Declaration of War and the 9th Ring spawns Sentry Badain (version 2), starts the war, and assigns the bit that's needed to loot Narandi's Head. Hailing the Agent of Change explains how this works. Handing in the 9th ring to the Agent of Change no longer does anything. Thanks!
  12. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

ZOMG that's what's happening!