First toon on EQ Ever on Mangler - 50 Mage, how is my gear?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sauro, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Sauro New Member

So I played EQoA hardcore and never gave EQ a chance but I heard about Mangler and decided to give EQ a chance, after 1 week I cancelled my FFXIV sub and even though I pre-ordered the expansion I probably won't play. I'm having a blast and even bought a laptop to duel box. I am a 50 Mage and wanting to know if I'm doing well as far as gear goes so far. I haven't bought any kronos for real life money, just farmed in game. (Enough to get my main box a krono for 30 days sub atm). I've been using eqitems to help.
    GEAR:
    Ears - (2x) Golden Sapphire Earring
    Helm - Elemental Binder
    Necklace - Sapphire Platinum Necklace
    Face - Sheer Bone Mask
    Arms - Loam Encrusted Sleeves
    Chest - Loam Encrusted Robe
    Shoulders - Loam Encrusted Amice
    Back - Loam Encrusted Cloak
    Waist - Braided Cinch Cord
    Wrist - (2x) Loam Encrusted Bracelet
    Fingers - (2x) Rose Platinum Engagement Ring
    Hands - Loam Encrusted Gloves
    Legs - Loam Encrusted Pantaloons
    Feet - Golden Efreeti Boots
    Primary - Tome of Miragul
    Secondary - Stein of Moggok
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Protagonist Tank

FYI - everyone saw you post this same thread to reddit an hour ago, then throw a tantrum when your post history got called out for afk farming hillgiants. The same people read this forum that read that one.
    Mad_Mikey likes this.
  3. Trizek Augur

4. Mad_Mikey Elder

The cringe is strong in this thread.
  5. Undustas Lorekeeper

Weird flex but ok.

What program are you using to afk kill them giants?

Or just a mouse clicker with a target macro?
  6. Zinkeh Augur

ROFL he posted this crap on Facebook too.
  7. Vorkosh Journeyman

Try hard will try hard. I mean come on guys, he needs the reassurance of complete strangers on a 20 year old game to feel needed and wanted.
  8. Sturmx Lorekeeper

9. aindriuc Elder

I don't see why people have to attack him. I mean, he farmed some hill giants and got some gear and is proud of his accomplishment - so he posted it looking for further recommendations.

I don't see anything wrong with either thread. I don't see anything wrong with getting some macros set up for hill giant farming either.

Seems like people got their knickers in a twist over some guy with time on his hands, who went hill giant farming and got some nice gear!

There seems to be a flavour of disdain in previous posts. Over what? I don't really know!
    Sauro likes this.
  10. Christopher84 Journeyman

He isn't being called out for farming hill giants, he's been called out for asking for information on macros that would give him the potential to AFK farm which is against DBG's unattended gameplay policy.

What he's doing is called "humble bragging". He doesn't need us to tell him if his gear is good, He knows full well that his gear is essentially the best possible gear he can have outside of planes raiding. It's just an excuse to show off his gear, which was likely purchased with AFK farmed platinum.
    Vorkosh and Ajjantis like this.
  11. Ceffener Augur

Looks like a bunch of casual group gear. Go raid for the real stuff.
  12. Sauro New Member

Sad how salty people are from a genuine new player wanting to know if he's doing well on his mage. Sad people accuse you of afk farming when you never have. Because I want a macro to target a hill giant means I afk farm? Makes me laugh. Sad this SMALL community has so many salty people. Sad you aren't allowed to post on different community forums. Sad the Facebook people were super nice but people who can hide behind an avatar with anonymity are typically dicks.

Thank you for your kindness. Clearly a lot of people get super toxic especially when they can hide behind an avatar.
  13. took2summit11 Augur

You could be wearing all cloth and it wouldn’t matter, which means this is either the worst attempt at a troll post ever, or it’s just flat out pathetic.
  14. jeskola pheerie

He was a hardcore EQoA player, man!
  15. Protagonist Tank

Hard. Core.

Getting that drinking bird positioned over the 1 key before going to bed takes dedication.
  16. Sauro New Member

Classic EQ if you macro'd there and afk'd your pet would die and so would you real quick. You all make me laugh. Why don't you all post on the Facebook thread so we can see you hehe? Thanks for the free bumps, I enjoy reading this at work!
  17. took2summit11 Augur

I don’t avoid posting on Facebook to hide my identity from the Everquest community, it’s more the other way around. I avoid posting on Facebook to hide the fact that I play Everquest to all my real life friends. Keep on getting them pixels though, and make sure you come here to brag about them as you do.
    tofu stir fry and Machentoo like this.
  18. Protagonist Tank

You're right. In apology, I've prepared your next incredibly important Everquest content for you, all set for Facebook consumption.

[IMG]
  19. Sauro New Member

We all know why you hide on Facebook everquest groups it's cool.
  20. Xhartor Augur

As far as your gear goes, you need to spend more time in Hate. Sites like eqitems and the P99 wiki can give you a good idea of what is available to upgrade your current gear.