Devs - Ragefire & Theatre of Blood; You really hate us don't you?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silinius, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warzon Elder

Yes, transfer guild absolutely did wipe, that can happen, with their 100 toons that was actually only 60? The raid wasn't even full? They somehow died to thirty+ mobs on the bridge that got there....somehow. I'm sure all of that was innocent. Incumbent wiped on blooddrinker after they had left, they weren't the only ones in zone though, their hired help was there to kill it for them like always, but as it wasn't a joint effort after incumbent guild was at their bind point, transfer guild zoned in, walked all the way across the zone, waited for the hired help to engage, and then easily won.

The official count is thus:
    Incumbent Guild: Has 18 ToB kills and therefore 54 flags. With piggy spots they have enough to get 9 people into DK more than what the zone will allow.

Transfer Guild: Has 6 ToB kills and therefore 18 flags. With piggy spots they have enough to get 21 people into DK, maybe 22. This is well under what the zone is tuned for, but probably enough so that they can beat it, because, you know, good players. Still though, as they don't actually care about server first, despite the narrative being pushed, probably wait till the people that care are all flagged. Unless incumbent guild drags their feet unlocking TSS, then they'll suck it up and take care of it.

The races:
    Reference previous post for the first three results. As noted, transfer guild horribly failed to kill the first spawn after beating the incumbent guild's mobilization by 20 minutes. The recovery effort was significantly slowed by a constant stream of mobs arriving at them, coincidentally. In defense of incumbent guild, transfer guild clearly trains themselves all the time so you wanting to join the fun is understandable.

The head to heads:
    Mad Mary the Bridge Troll: Transfer (mostly still dead) vs Incumbent: victor Incumbent
    Vaseline: Transfer (mostly still dead) vs Incumbent: victor Incumbent (mostly still dead) (This was not a bright shining moment for either force)
    Blooddrinker: Transfer vs Hired Help (in a world first head to head dps race!): victor: Transfer
    Gargoyle of Flinginess: Transfer vs Incumbent: victor: Incumbent (this fight started during Blooddrinker, so the fact that they won while still unbuffed from their shameful uncontested/unmolested wipe isn't as impressive as I would like)
    Maestro: Transfer vs Incumbent + Hired Help: victor: Incumbent
    Teh Tree: Transfer vs Incumbent + Hired Help: victor: Incumbent

As far as winning, incumbent guild is in exactly the same position they would have been in if they had agreed to a rotation, less whatever blood and treasure they've had to promise the hired help.

The hired help has certainly lost a significant potential customer base. As well as needing to be concerned for their own eventual flagging so they can RMT the DK loot, because they started a fight that it turns out they'll need help to win as well.

The transfer guild is right where they would be if there had been a rotation.

And the flag distribution has, *just now* skewed out of the 1:2 ratio, which is entirely the result of transfer guild deciding, for some reason, to try and kill mad mary under the pile of mobs that appeared from nowhere after they were already engaged.

And even after all that, none of the transfer guild cares. Absent a rotation, they have to batphone and attempt every spawn. It's just bizarre that anyone would choose that as the best way forward. But if you're willing to pay for help I suppose it makes a kind of sense.
    mealintwo likes this.
  2. Tunare Lorekeeper

Heh, pump them brakes boy, its getting deep all the way back here in PoG! I am loving the spin you guys are putting on this, its some great whinefest.

I love the implication that you were trained during Mad Mary, as you noted, The Guild hadn't gathered in force yet and all were at zone in, The Guild didn't move to spank Mad mary until you guys wiped. At one point prior to your wipe, The Guild had 4 in zone with a 90 pop in zone. So despite all that skill you talk about, you still got spanked. The Guild's smaller force, and not even all mains, won like usual. You talk about phallus blocking, but wasn't that your MO on other servers? Now that you can't compete, you come here and whine? Perhaps instead of trying to infer that people are paid, which they aren't, maybe they just don't like you, because of your MO.

The best part of this whole whinefest is the "skill" of your guild during the DPS races, which is casting BDA on opposing players, knocking the boss around to try and lower the DPS. And then after you lose, which seems to be a lot, you spam TL to bind.

Playing the victim over and over is comical, but I got lots of popcorn, so I am good for more! So continue you on with love, Tunare, Plane of Growth.
    errorCode101 likes this.
  3. mealintwo New Member

so I don't know if anyone in Faceless is casting BDA, it's a cheap thing guilds do during DPS races, that and memblur. I am not denying anyone did it. But don't act like CT didn't do. This thread is getting ridiculous. everyones knows Mercy is being paid to help CT. No point in arguing back and forth. I also wasn't even there for most the morning, so I can't comment on MM wipe.
  4. Timespinner New Member

This post has been edited to protect the identities of those involved. Perhaps there can be some claim that it was a miss target or something. The zone was laggy and there are clear beneficial uses to casting BDA on toons in your own raid when doing a DPS race.

[Thu Apr 04 17:22:40 2019] Lockjaw.Cleric1 begins to cast a spell. <Bestowed Divine Aura Azia>
    [Thu Apr 04 18:18:22 2019] Lockjaw.Cleric2 begins to cast a spell. <Bestowed Divine Aura Azia>
    [Thu Apr 04 18:18:22 2019] RagefireORIGINAL.Monk has been rendered invulnerable by the gods.
    [Thu Apr 04 18:20:27 2019] Lockjaw.Cleric3 (also an officer) begins to cast a spell. <Bestowed Divine Aura Azia>
    [Thu Apr 04 18:20:27 2019] RagefireORIGINAL.Berserker has been rendered invulnerable by the gods.
    [Thu Apr 04 18:20:32 2019] Lockjaw.Cleric4 (tagged as guild leader) begins to cast a spell. <Bestowed Divine Aura Azia>
    [Thu Apr 04 18:20:41 2019] Lockjaw.Cleric5 begins to cast a spell. <Bestowed Divine Aura Azia>
    [Thu Apr 04 18:21:26 2019] Lockjaw.Cleric1 (again) begins to cast a spell. <Bestowed Divine Aura Azia>

[Thu Apr 04 18:21:26 2019] RagefireORIGINAL.Shadow Knight has been rendered invulnerable by the gods.
  5. Tesen New Member

This thread can confirm, the Mercenary guild got paid in tears that are pouring out of this thread.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
    Tunare likes this.
  7. Warzon Elder

Well incumbent guild was approached by the Hired Help to buy their way through content prior to launch as well, they just naturally declined the offer because it, you know, would rob them of any real sense of accomplishment? I have no doubt the rank and file are being told one story, but the facts of the case are: mercenaries fight when paid.

So I'm curious about the 17:22:40 cast of BDA, who did it land on? Likewise the 18:20:32&41? I know when I use it on raids, it's an automatic reflex whenever I see someone on HoTT that isn't a tank, and I also use it on myself quite a bit. As an instant cast buff that can easily be clicked off, it's often a better choice than a heal. Log edited to incriminate the people not paying to win it seems...

I also never claimed the transfer guild was trained by you, I only said you could be forgiven for wanting to, given how frequently they train themselves (it's the #1 joke they make about themselves) and did say that they were trained. Now we find you denying it but admitting you had toons in zone. Don't be so defensive, makes people think there might be something to it. They don't at all think that Vaseline having one of your SK's on target while running right at their raid was intentional. Four times. Maybe you didn't know they were there. Four times. I truly believe it was innocent. Four times. They don't think they were trained, because the first three times Vaseline charged at them one of their warriors was on target's target. Three times. Maybe that zone just sucks pretty much always, even if you're there by yourself, which is why both guilds wiped completely once, and partially vs Vaseline.

As for moving the mob around intentionally: Anyone who has ever been to one of their raids knows: they are totally uninterested (and likely incapable) of controlling push or positioning mobs in anything like a sensible way. However, when an SK in the incumbent guild Harmtouches at the beginning of the fight, while standing well away from where the mob spawns, and the mob then runs towards them, because that's how it works, who is moving that mob? I don't agree with the argument that moving a mob like that is a "dirty trick" as pulling mobs towards your DPS is...a huge part of the game. But if it IS a dirty trick, the incumbent guild had five SK's at one of those kills, the transfer guild SK had a family emergency and missed all of last week, thoughts and prayers man.

As for winning and losing, with 1/3 of the characters in zone, the transfer guild got 1/3 of the flags. With 1/6 of the characters in zone, the transfer guild got 1/6 of the flags, almost 1/3 if they hadn't wiped themselves (by pulling a huge pile of mobs on themselves clearly, there were ONLY a handful of the other guild in zone yet). Right now if it's anything it's a tie, with the remaining Majority of the flags being sold off by the mercenary guild. Being the only customer willing to buy is a helluva way to claim victory but if that's what you need, go ahead. You win. You won. But what's the plan now?

All of this though, all of this, is distracting from the original point:

This is a mess, that is entirely avoidable. The transfer guild is still getting flagged. The incumbent guild is in the same position they'd be in if they had agreed to a rotation. Everyone has just gotten to spend a whole lot more time on it. And every other force interested in this content is in a hopeless position (like myself).

The next week will show the real narrative though. The incumbent guild is now fully flagged for DK, do they move on or are they willing to pay the hired help just to grief a guild that is new to the server and literally never done anything on this server but host open raids, help people spawn picks for epic stuff, etc.

Many of the "so-called" original ragefires in that guild are transfers from lockjaw that have feels towards the transfer guild because the transfer guild made them rotate mobs in classic that they wanted to monopolize for themselves. There are exactly 3 members of the transfer guild that played back in classic still left, the remainder are former guildies of those transfers trying to claim "original ragefire" that realized the fiction, and joined the actual good guild on lockjaw.

They've been spreading lies and misinformation on these boards for years about it. So do we see them live long enough to become the villains? Or will they agree that a rotation is best? Do they monopolize the content with the help of a paid-to-win ally, forcing everyone to buy access to an instanced zone?

The only group benefiting from this is the mercenary guild, because it's payment they otherwise wouldn't have gotten. It's likely going to be a very long expansion, because while it's now been proven that they can't beat transfer guild on their own, they can still hold the flags hostage from most forces. I was quoted $20.00 to buy a flag, that sound like a game you want to play?

Give us an AoC or pickzones where non-loot flag-only versions of these mobs spawn. There's probably six forces on the server that can kill DK, if not 50.
  8. Timespinner New Member

Your incredibly long winded defense of Transfer Guild is admirable. Try to use fewer words next time or include a TL: DR. We do agree on one thing, it was an entirely avoidable problem. But instead of avoiding the problem Transfer Guild intentionally moved to a more populated server immediately before the release of PoR. This was done maliciously because Transfer Guild thrives on Drama.

PS - the BDAs without landing targets are irrelevant. Some DPS on raids don't want BDA cast on them and they block the buff. You are also asking for data mining of giant log files. The BDAs are a sideshow. The true issue was the Malicious Server Transfer.
  9. Silinius Augur

Wow... I step away from this thread for 2 days...

So aside from Faceless_Member_01's narrative of happenings the last couple of evenings... the point is, this waste of time could have been avoided by 2 things:

1. Instancing/AoC, or picks being available at the on set of this expansion

or

2. A rotation that was agreed upon in advance for this content. I did not "refuse" a rotation and did not "negotiate in bad faith" - It's hard to negotiate when there is radio silence from said guilds you reached out to until the morning of the expansion and that the ultimate response is, "No rotation".
    mealintwo likes this.
  10. Tunare Lorekeeper

Why would the incumbent guild want to bounce the boss around when they have more dps than you guys?

[IMG]
  11. Warzon Elder

Well, on the one head to head on the perma rooted tree, the transfer guild won, because the incumbent guild couldn't move the mob around? Because they don't have more dps on their own? They only have more DPS when their hired help is there? It makes perfect sense to move the mob. And again, I don't fault the strategy. Nothing in the rules against moving a mob. Also because, that's how you move the mob, it's being moved by an SK that is landing HT as the mob is being rendered into the game. Almost as fast as a computer could do it. Also DPS staying on a mob in a zone that is lagged out by 200+ characters is alot easier if a computer is taking care of it. Hmm. I wonder if there is a connection between hiring a huge box crew to sit just off to the side of the mob, HT'ing the mob over there. No motivation to do that at all...

If it was important to you to be able to claim a clean victory, just shouldn't have hired the help. Really that simple. I don't fault you for doing it, it is a winning strategy, there's no denying that. It's winning at a game nobody else is playing, but it is winning.

That's just a fact, that's what's happening.
  12. Wisp Lorekeeper

Yes, mid December, over three months before the release of PoR, is certainly "right before." If we had known that CT would RMT like this and try and force us to pay $20.00 per flag we would have waited, flagged up on Lockjaw, and then come over. But Lockjaw was pretty dead and we were hoping to force the devs into merging the servers before it completely died. There was nothing malicious about it.

Also, rofl about it being a "big ask" to mine the data that was already mined to make a spurious accusation. Whatever you have to tell yourselves to rationalize this, massive, waste, of mostly your time. So much effort, you've been flagged to clear DK now for something like forty hours, paid for the privilege, if you could please clear it soon so we aren't stuck in this black hole of an expansion that'd be great.

But maybe you aren't aware of what the mercenary guild is doing. Maybe you legit think they're doing it just for fun, or to troll, or whatever. Whatever your leadership is telling you is 100% true I'm sure. Just like I'm sure this solicitation of green stuff for flags is entirely coincidental.

/smh. Most of us haven't even logged in since selo's launched, because we don't care about PoR. That's the hilarious part. You aren't even successfully locking Meth's alts out of content. It's amazing watching this.
    Prismatus likes this.
  13. Timespinner New Member

Let's make something very clear. I am not a member of ORIGINAL Ragefire Guild. I am a knower of facts. I don't need to rationalize anything because I can See what is going on.

The prospect of a mercenary guild is laughable at best. That you keep tossing around this $20 figure and are now actually posting from multiple forum accounts is fairly telling. This isn't a legit gripe. Why would members of the Transfer Guild need to pay for what is their Divine Right.

I don't know how to quote posts, but you say that you don't care about PoR. Yet here you are posting in a thread started by a prominent member of your Guild that is whining about not being able to play PoR. This is ironic. This is delicious. I will now return to mining data.
  14. Coirnav Augur

The best competition on Ragefire died when Phinny launched. The server has less than 200 real people playing on it now who cares.
  15. Baptiste New Member

Yes, you can use my name ^.^ If you know me you know I'm the last one to deny anything I do, have done, or will do. Although I normally don't respond to forum trolls you're welcome to talk to me in game anytime you'd please <3

Bapt - Nicole
    mealintwo likes this.
  16. Timespinner New Member

I didn't know that your name is Nicole or I would have been sure to use it. There are rules to these forums. We abide by them.
  17. jeffhannigan New Member

Incase anyone was concerned, my name is Jeff, Jeff Hannigan, hit me up on Grindr
    jeskola likes this.
  18. mealintwo New Member

to sum this up, nothing is going to stop as CT is camping ToB with Mercy right now 190+ toons , after the guild is already in DK. So as I stated once before, I have been wondering the strat all along as well as some others as of what is CT going to do once flagged. If you and the bot guild wants to continue to poop sock go for it. None of this expansion means anything or has anything of real worth.
    The real race without anyone griefing and blocking anyone will start in a little over 3 months.
    Curious to see what your trolls excuse is after loosing a race you can't buy.
    On a side note, It's sad I find out this grief is all because your guild leader is crying over something that happen in Lucin on LJ.
  19. Timespinner New Member

The Grief is because of your Malicious Transfer. I've found out that it was intentional. I have my Sources and my Sources are to be trusted. This thread means nothing to me, but I'm going to continue posting in it.
    mealintwo likes this.
  20. jeffhannigan New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.