Problem on Test?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Thrym, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Thrym New Member

Trying to log into Test server, I make it to the character select screen just fine, however from there any attempt to load in a toon results in being kicked back to the server select screen. Anybody else having this issue? ordinarily if there's an issue of this magnitude I find a thread up but I didn't happen to see one today.
  2. Eisennacher New Member

why am not able to login?
  3. Sumteengex Journeyman

Also happening to me..had the same problem a week or 2 ago ...any Dev willing to comment ?
  4. Thrym New Member

Issue began for me, for the very first time since I began playing, just yesterday evening. I've been playing on live in the meantime, and it runs fine, however, I would certainly appreciate being able to play my mains again.
  5. Kalynea New Member

I had this problem with one of my accounts last night. Tonight, I have this same issue with a different account. Same computer, totally different accounts.

Any idea about this yet?
  6. Thrym New Member

Still no clue for me. Impossible to find a group on my home server on live, so I'm getting quite fed up with trying to play there. Hopefully this gets addressed soon; folks who've had this issue in the past and care to disclose any information regarding how they fixed it would be greatly appreciated, by myself at very least.
  7. Xkin New Member

Unable to log on to test with either of my two accounts. I can log on to Live but I want to play on Test. Today's problem (for me) has lasted around 6 hours, so far.
  8. Eniner Augur

Delete your eqclient.ini file repatch it. Should allow you to log in. This trick has fixed quite a few people who had same exact issue.
  9. Xkin New Member

I appreciate the heads up about eqclient.ini. Removing it did not work for me but you have given me some hope that the problem is an errant EQ file. I will seek, and delete, other standard files that have caused a problem over the years and see if that erases the problem. To be clear, as of this morning (20 hours into the problem), I am unable to log into the Test server. Searching continues...
  10. Xkin New Member

I can't get anything to work. Removed eqhost.ini file, several client files, reset UI back to standard. Still no success. Daybreak needs to look into this issue.
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

Did you try to use the return home button? Perhaps the zone file for the zone you're attempting to load is itself corrupted.
  12. Xkin New Member

Thank you for your suggestion about "return home." It was not highlighted so I could not press it. However, good news! If I repeat my login's (forever, it seems) I can finally log my mains on Test. This makes the logon issue annoying but not permanently fatal.

Thank you to all who tried to help.
  13. Thrym New Member

I am still unable to access Test on any of my toons, regardless of the zone in which they are located. I am in the process of creating a clean directory (a fresh install) for test and of copying my live directory to convert to test. Hopes are high, wanting to get back into it.

I did try the suggestion of deleting the ini file, only to yield no result.
  14. Thrym New Member

I'm out of ideas at this point. Even making a duplicate of my functioning Live client and patching it over to test yielded the same result, leading me to believe that this isn't a client-side issue. Test isn't going to work for me. Is there folks that still have full, unrestricted access to Test at the time being? I am quite curious whether or not this issue effects the whole server. The response here on the forums is certainly smaller than I had expected.
  15. Sumteengex Journeyman

i kept tryin for like an hour yesterday and finnaly got on, so if you keep tryin at some point itll let ya on
  16. Thrym New Member

Spent a total of 3-ish hours trying to pop in, with no luck. Going to be taking a break from EQ I think, hopefully things will be better in a week or two.
  17. Xkin New Member

Since the last server update (recent), I have had no issues (delays) with logging in to Test. Problem resolved, somewhere.