TBL Group Currency, and Power Sources

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Horyuken, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Horyuken Augur

Can you add the power sources from the last expansion to the vendor for something like 10K coins?
    Since we are forced to farm FF at an increadably low drop rate at least toss us a bone along the way.

Thanks!
  2. Gundolin Augur

Are you speaking of the Power Sources from VP being purchasable by group currency in TBL?
  3. svann Augur

I think PS's should always drop in current content. It's ridiculous trying to get a group to go back and do ROS just on the chance a PS might drop.
    Mintalie and Yinla like this.
  4. Horyuken Augur

I'm speaking of the power sources that where introduced 12 expansions ago and haven't be upgraded like other pieces of gear each expansion. The ones you reference drop through-out EoK, not just VP.

They drop in that expansion because we requested it feverishly during beta. Now I would prefer they make NEW ones and add them to the vendor, however, making a power source is super time consuming (also expanded in EoK beta).

I figured we would have a better chance of seeing them added to the vendor in TBL if they could copy an item already made rathen than requesting an entirely new item.

FYI you can get RoK type 3 spells from TBL spell gems....I don't see the problem here.
  5. Horyuken Augur

This with all that is going on in this game now and the time sinks that have been introduced, we could make Power Supplies easier. I'm pissed when I actually get time and camp a PS just to have 3 drop for Casters and not one for my class.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is more probable than a vendor.
  7. Horyuken Augur

Well that's better than nothing!

Thanks for the reply
  8. Dewey Augur

I would like to see some power sources that can be player made; that are from the The Darkened Sea expansion.

Basically after new power sources are developed and dropped, we should have the ability to make the year previous power sources. Most people I know don't even bother with the slot and if they do they use the ones from The Buried sea since those can be made with trade skills.
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The EQ community would love for this to happen!!
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

you need new friends then. those PS are useless.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

<3
    Don't need new items just a chance for the old ones. :)
    Yendar likes this.
  12. Cleaver Augur

If you go this route can you make them drop in GMM also and maybe even the GMM missions in the chest ?
  13. Dewey Augur

I know those power sources are useless. Do do they. However everyone saves thier food power sources for when they "need" them and uses crappy ones every day. Half the time no one remembers to put in the good power source to try and get a little extra. Therefore, using the crappy power sources from years ago becomes standard.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Or...give us a way to recharge the old ones.

RoS PS's in the last 5 months have gone from silly rare to stupid rare. 3 VP clears and at least 25 Xalgoz spawns - not a single powersource.

I would even settle on a swaparoo arrangement. Hand NPC your dead PS. Hand NPC a 100% PS of any other type of the same era. Get your original PS back fully charged.
    Cicelee likes this.
  15. Duder Augur

I am also in support of PSs being brought to TBL and GMM, please, please, please!
  16. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

don't get me wrong, I wanna see PS drop in TBL content as well... BUT your evidence here is flakey at best. 2 clears of VP here yesterday (just the 5 timed named) and 2 PS dropped, 2 cliff stones no less.

I doubt the drop rate has actually changed, you've just had a run of bad luck on the RNG while I had a short streak of good. it happens.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

That's the beauty of RNG. Total deniability. I'm not the only one who's noticed the reduced drop rate. But then I guess it matters very little to those who get the drops they need.
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I doubt they changed the drop rate, it's more likely bad RNG. I did a VP run about a week ago, we did the 5 timed nameds and 2 others and we got 3 or 4 PS's off those 7. Only 1 Cliff that we were after, but at least we got some to drop.