Bonus exp ended and Selos is back to Coirnav aa exp again.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hamshire, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Spooky Augur

So what happens when there are future bonus XP events? Will it stack?
  2. LittleBrumski Augur

The new XP is now the normal XP. Has an XP bonus period ever excluded a server? I don't recall that ever happening.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes.
  4. Angered Augur

So the AA exp during the anniversary was clearly not enough... So your giving us a bonus that was not enough and were suppose to be happy? we should be getting 25%+ per kill on not 5-7%! You might have just doomed the server! you could have come out and said were giving the server 500% and everyone would be screaming for joy instead were still mad! Do you even care about us? legit question
  5. andross77 Elder

Ultimate troll post? Or impossibly clueless neckbeard?

You decide
    TheChosenOne and dragonlee66 like this.
  6. Captain Video Augur

Proof positive there is no pleasing some people.
    TheChosenOne and dragonlee66 like this.
  7. MistaBrown New Member

Just a quick clarification. The original post did not differentiate if this was just aa bonus or all exp. I took it to mean the latter, but the Facebook/twitter post specifically mentions aa exp. Is it a global bonus or just for aa?
  8. Ajjantis Elder

Its ALL exp.
  9. Volts Elder

I think it's one of the Mangler guys who were trying to rile things up in the thread earlier.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  10. kain200 Elder

I would also like a dev to clarify this. I'm seeing the facebook post mention only AA exp specifically while Holly's post doesn't differentiate. I sure hope it is ALL exp getting boosted as it needs it.
  11. Ajjantis Elder

Im in griegs right now, its all exp. Ive made a whole level in about 1 hour. Before it, i was barely doing 40% the hour before.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is all XP. Sorry for the confusion. (AA was what most of the discussions were about.)
    DeseanJackson likes this.
  13. Locnar Journeyman

This man deserves a answer! I thought Selos was all about getting rid of all that old tedious stuff and XP is the top of that list! Now its to the point that camping quest items is taking longer than xp and AAs, so please look into item drops next. If we can get multiple AA's per hour we SHOULD get multiple rare drops per hour too!

Stop killing us with tedium!
  14. XavierSelos New Member

I'd like to request that an actual dev create a character on selos and attempt to grind aa knowing that he has one month before the next set of aa are unlocked. If you actually had experience playing the server, I'm very confident you'd realize this bonus is not adequate.
  15. TheChosenOne Augur

A little much man... i know we've all enjoyed bagging on the devs/DBG over the last couple weeks... but its time to cut them a little slack, they listened to a lot of our concerns and just actively made a permanent change to help correct some of that

It may not be perfect yet, but they said that they'll continue to monitor the server stats and forums for feedback and may make future adjustments as well.

You can't harp on them after they just gave us a permanent 50% XP boost... its a start, and its an olive branch to show that they are listening to their customers

That stuff means a lot to me as a customer, so I will back off on the bashing of the devs/DBG..
  16. ShivanAngel Augur

Experience playing the server.
    Toon has all necessary AA unlocked. Right now im playing "which mediocre AA is best".
    have never touched a AE group, play with a static group that doesnt even run a chanter.

Wait for the aa boost in PoP, luclin has always been slow on TLP's.

This, they have already made TWO adjustments to AA exp and people still complain...

Give it time and continue to give contructive, non trolling, non absurd feedback... 25% a kill?? I would be max AA in 4 hour and have nothing to do.
  17. a_librarian Augur

Thanks devs for being open to making quick changes here. I haven't reached AA grinding levels yet but I have made another alt and started to feel the grind set in earlier this time without the bonus (felt grindy around level 42 instead of 50). It felt like I needed to be back in the uber xp spots that everyone camps on every TLP instead of what I had been doing with trying to find new xp spots for the whole leveling journey.

The bonus being back on should help greatly with that, and will make me a lot more likely to buy the odd xp potion since I only do that when I am having fun with the place I'm in
  18. Trebor Journeyman

Thank you for supporting the server! Feel free to ignore the negative nancies who STILL aren't happy lol.
  19. TheChosenOne Augur

playing with a premade static group is NOT something that the average player has available to them, so you can't compare your unique situation to the entire field of players. I also can't imagine how much time you spend each day playing when you're basically done your AA's, especially when it was known that the bonus XP wasn't working for AA at the start

It sounds like you play A LOT, which there is nothing wrong with that.. but they can't balance the game or make decisions based on people like you that have an abundance of play time with premade groups that can destroy content systematically.

There are nights I'll spend over an hour just trying to get a group
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

Really good point.

The consistency of a static would trump the efficiency of having to pug with charm. Charm is amazing when you're in the flow, but I would trade an ENC for a constant group.

I'm glad they boosted exp. It is better if it's too fast than too slow, and I'm not sure how one would argue otherwise.
    Rotlust and TheChosenOne like this.