Is Selo's DOA?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by boring, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boring New Member

So, went hardcore to 60, then AA's sucked, then joined a guild that wants to do everything in era and went more hardcore than I expected, and burnout rate is at 75% already and not even a month into server.

Guess Mangler would be ok if it were more like 2mo per xpac, but not waiting 6 years to see content, why didn't selo's just start out as a full live server, with mercs and the whole 9, so that we could get a new start live server with all the current perks, and get a fresh start so that those of us that are semi core, could level up and not worry about grouping and getting left behind.

Selo's is gonna be a ghost town in 3 months, when those of us whom wanted to see some xpacs after pop, feel like we cant keep up with the out of work overachievers burnout in 3 months, yet need to wait for mercs to self level, aa grind is too much atm.

Well, gonna take my 3 krono, and get back on live where maybe I can at least see some end game content before Pantheon releases.

Gratz for the crap release, 3 to 4 hours to login. Between the recent 3 hour rollback losing xp and emperor drops, Faceless being dicks in Ssra even though they've already beat AHR, your casual crowd is becoming non existent, and eroding by the minute.

Only way to salvage this is simply set this to a live server now, and let the casual trickle in with new expectations of being able to start on a fresh server, and not required to race to any expansion within the limitations of it being new.
  2. Craized Lorekeeper

Making selos live now is the only thing that could possibly make it worse imo. Within a few months everyone on the server would be in the 85-110 level range and any players joining the server would find it extremely difficult to catch up. At least for a year or so, it’s gonna be possible to catch up to whatever the current level cap is. After that it becomes a mammoth task that most people just can’t or won’t do.

Of course there is the middle ground here: phinny is a perfectly good active server, and it’s still at the point where it’s possible to catch up(though already quite tough - I’ve been on the server about 2 months, and 3 boxing, and I’ve just got my toons into the 80s)
  3. Icaen Elder

Yeah, they didn't really do anything to make Selo's viable long term for 99% of players. "Well you don't have to be in era each month" .... Ok, then what's the point of such fast unlocks? The idea was a TOUR of Everquest. These expansions original shelf life was 6 months on average and not much effort was done to support doing the content in 1/6th the time.

Double/triple loot, lower or eliminate lockouts, and make XP equal to Live. You'd have a thriving server that would welcome way more than the 2-3 guilds it has now. Which will be what? 1-2 in a month at this rate? There are almost no casual players on Selo and no new blood will come to the server because it's several expansions in and nothing can be done to catch up.
    Pharone likes this.
  4. TheChosenOne Augur

I wont be playing much during PoP.. i hate that expansion with a passion (minus the PoK books).

Its basically a pure raiding expansion.. you cant do group content in PoP, everything requires raiding to get flagged, and its a TERRIBLE flagging system that is super buggy and frustrating as all get up

ill likely be going back to Coirnav for the month of May while PoP is going on, and come back once LDoN hits

They really should consider removing keying/flag requirements from Selos
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Selo was always going to be a small server, so take that for what it's worth.

Is it smaller than I expected? I think it's probably ok. There isn't much group game probably because there is so much to raid. All the crappy raids most raiders skip are regulars in the rotation because nobody has gear.

The AA burnout is the only thing I think will really kill the population. The novelty will start to wear off sometime in POP and there will be a decline, but for the people the server was meant for: people who want a taste of many expansions, it will serve it's purpose.

Personally, I wanted to be higher AA than I am, but I'm not willing to play even more than already, so I pretty much have to be content being more casual in that regard. I imagine many players are in the same boat, and if they play any more they'll just burn out too fast.
  6. boring New Member

Well said, if they eliminated the keying aspect, thereby eliminating the "racing guilds" to have any need to try and prevent slower tier 2 guilds bother getting keys, made sure that each new expansion allowed one era behind AA auto-grant upgrades, half of the population decrease might be mitigated.

But I don't see this server will be self sustaining halfway through the first year without merging with another live server tbh with the way it's currently implemented. To be sure this is not the ULTRA CASUAL server that they must have envisioned when they first announced the server rule set. I still find it weird that I needed to camp assassin 3 hours in guk for a mask that only took me 1½ hours on Agnarr at launch, as it did not spawn 2 times as fast nor did it drop 2 times as many items as originally announced about named spawn / drops when first stated for release. Very disappointed and feel a bit mislead about the what was stated originally and the current state of things so far.
  7. AgentofChange Augur

Selo as advertised was primed to be a rather fun server.

Selo as implemented was not what was advertised, but won't kill it immediately. It will be a slow, painful death for anyone willing to play on the server. Unless, you know, they decide to fix it. But if they haven't fixed it by now it's unlikely they ever will.
    Mepps likes this.
  8. Pharone Elder

I can't disagree with most of whats in this thread. It's on point.

Was in an AE group the other day, and barely got 6 AA in 4 hours. It was stupid slow.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.