GMM Mission - Ironing out the Legion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mimibella, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Narcisus New Member

Okay. Here is my 2 cents.

After being unable to complete step 3 several times, and trying to figure out what we were doing wrong, we succeeded. This is how it worked for us.

Killed the lookouts after they trigger step 3. Burned down one of the mechanics, while we were working on the second mechanic the spider spawned. STOP fighting the mechanic and focus everyone on the Spider. Once the spider dies then proceed to kill the mechanics.

I am assuming based on many failures and one success that if a mechanic dies while the spider is alive the step is incompletable.
  2. Tadenea Augur

I only ever seen it update myself if you kill all mechanics before they awake the Beetle(Spider)
  3. Gialana Augur

On step 3, there are the 2 helicopter mobs and 3 suspicious mechanics that are at least initially non-aggroable. I've seen different setups of the 3 mechanics. Sometimes there is 1 on the NW platform and 2 on the south side of the middle west platform (the one with the spider mechanic). Other times, all 3 mechanics are on the south side of the middle west platform.

My group is usually able to get the 2 helicopter mobs and 1 mechanic dead before they activate the spider. At that point, the spider mob and the remaining mechanics usually aggro.

I can only speak on ways to fail once the spider has spawned since that's the only way I've done this HA.

Once the spider spawns, I believe all remaining mechanics and the spider need to be kept engaged, though it's okay if those which can be are mezzed. The spider must die before the last of the mechanics die, but it's been okay to kill all but one of the mechanics first. All of the times I've killed the spider last, the step didn't update and I had to restart the HA

The first time I did this HA, I killed the helicpoters and continuously tried to pull the one mechanic that was on the NW platform. From where I was standing (near the NE doorway), I never aggroed the spider or the other mechanics, and I didn't even know they were there. I don't know how long I was given after the mechanics finished their spider work, but I autofailed the HA and was kicked from the instance.

I now kill the mechanic on the NW platform, if there's one there, and then move to the other mechanics. Doing it this way, there was only once where the spider activated but one of the mechanics remained non-aggroable. I switched to that mechanic and killed it just in case it could have activated the autofail mechanism, and I continued to complete the HA.
  4. Frael Elder

I pull the lookouts and tank them while sending in dps to burn the mechanics. They don't fight back and I've never failed using this method, and the spider never spawns.
    Yendar likes this.
  5. Yendar Augur

Definitely the best way to do it.