Devs - Ragefire & Theatre of Blood; You really hate us don't you?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silinius, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silinius Augur

The setting:

Theatre of Blood; Ragefire Server at 2pm Pacific Time.

4 Guilds - 242 characters. All sitting on a spawn point waiting....

The goal - 6 bosses on 36 hour timers, each dropping 3 flags. Each character is required a flag.

How, in the name of all things pure and holy do you think this is a great player experience? We've asked via PM's on these forums. We've asked via posts on these forums. "We don't see this as a problem".... on Phinny, Coirnav, Selo's, Mangler who all have AoCs. Either up the drop rate, or give us AoC's to address the issue. I certainly have better things to do with my time than engage in this s***tshow.
    mealintwo likes this.
  2. Gremin Augur

Ahh the joys of a low population server.....30 inspirations done, 24 to go.
  3. Silinius Augur

You're welcome.
  4. Gremin Augur

Lol, thanks
  5. Questjunkie New Member

Stop crying like a baby Silinius. Nothing wrong with a good ole sock and dps race. The game is dead boring when everything is handed to us on a plate.

Also, there are not 4 guilds after these mobs. There are 2 guilds wanting the drops :)
  6. jeffhannigan New Member

Is Dead Halfling Society recruiting? I still have daybreak points to transfer back
  7. Silinius Augur

… nm.. not even worth responding at this point.
  8. Hateseeker Augur

That's why specific instances are the best design. Instances limit the number of players that can enter, and it can be tuned to actually have PvE difficulty and not "handed to us on a silver plate". Indirect PvP (socking, DPS racing, etc) is usually never balanced, fair or skillful. Of course, Daybreak recognizes this, or at least recognizes that the TLP playerbase feels this way, AoCs are proof of that; it's just that Ragefire is a holdover from before AoC. although, I believe there's a gap in the instancing of some zones such that Theatre of Blood would have this problem on AoC servers too...

Contested content on actual PvP servers, where it's actually intended for players to fight over content, would be more fair and skillful, although most people, even the hardcores, wouldn't go for that because PvP would follow them everywhere on a PvP server. On PvE servers, just outzerg/outbox/outbatphone and victory isn't that hard, and you can pick your specific battles (i.e only at raids are you actually "fighting" other players) any you're safe from being harassed everywhere in the game world in PvP attacks.
  9. Tunare Lorekeeper

10. Questjunkie New Member

AoCs save you the embarrassment of folks watching you wipe repeatedly on Sullon Zek so bring on full instancing! Thankfully ToB has no AoC, so plenty of folk got to enjoy you almost wiping on Vasella Fireblood. Thanks for the entertainment!
  11. Silinius Augur

lol so funny "new member" - it's all about context. Vasella was accidently pulled because someone got too close. I'm sure it was good entertainment for the masses.
  12. Bewts Augur

I’d like two tickets to the comments section please.

But 250+ people sitting on a spawn is classic era shenanigans these servers went through 3+ years ago. While they’ve offered plenty of alternatives over the last few years, the have yet to give a solid technical limitation why they deny people the same QoL they offer on newer servers.
  13. Frog4Life New Member

It's only going to be like this for a few weeks.
  14. Silinius Augur

15. mealintwo New Member

honestly if people want cry over something that someone did 3 or 4+ years ago and blame everyone else, that's their decision. The fact the other 3 guilds teaming up to go against faceless is pretty crap imo. Like you can't do things yourself that you pay a fully botted guild to help you.....
    You did win the dps races, congrats. I have never seen so much lag in my life though to the point I couldn't attack, let alone disc. Though according to the dps , didn't seem like most CT had an issue. It is to be expected as I said when dealing with Mercy
  16. mealintwo New Member

??? your information must be wrong if you think faceless wiped to sullon zek repeatedly also. I mean...the zone is instanced either way you look at it? Dunno why you start making things up since you weren't there......
  17. Fraggly Augur

Instancing for ToB would be great, so would increased drop rates, both would be amazing.

I will also say: i found the races for these mobs to be quite exciting, the lag was just as bad for everyone in the zone as it was for anyone else, no one was paid anything, nothing can be done if other people want to sit in the zone, I had trouble disc'ing for every encounter.

It's unfortunate that an exception cannot be made for this zone on Ragefire so all guilds can enjoy the release without lag fests like this or having to wait for drops. I hear this is the last expansion that requires open world contests, so we can at least look forward to that?
  18. Clericam New Member

Get your facts right mealintwo, 3 guilds didn't team up against Faceless. Cor Tempus had 3 characters in their raid that aren't tagged CT and it was for the 1st fight only. After that it was 100% CT versus Faceless. I'd never heard of Faceless until recently, so I don't know what this 3-4 years ago stuff is about.

I think instancing for ToB would be a big improvement over today, but if this is how it's going to be let's all put on our big boy pants and play the game we have been given. See you tomorrow for another very long sock.
  19. Tallanix1 New Member

While I'm not sure I would call yesterday exciting it was different. It was very frustrating being a top dps yet not being able to do dps to the mob due to the huge amount of players in 1 spot. While I'm sure it was an issue with both sides that was just ridiculous lol. Most of the time nothing was firing nor was I swinging.
  20. Kloven Elder

An agreement on rotations for ToB would have been nice, we've had rotations on Ragefire in the past and they worked well while they lasted. I know good faith efforts were put forth to establish a rotation that included guilds that transferred to our server. It could have avoided mass armies sitting in ToB like we previously saw on Ragefire over NToV and the like during our history here.
    eepok and Silinius like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.