Fight Fire Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Redwinger_Xev, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Redwinger_Xev Lorekeeper

Correction, warrior has only about 14k aa that should explain a lot for his tanking abilities., im going to level him up considerable in gmm, while trying the fight fire quest as well in the mean time Mazame's strat. again thanks all, will keep you posted on my final outcome, not that anyone cares about my progression but someone may find it useful which is my intent :)
  2. Yendar Augur

Oops server was lagging and post wasn’t going through.
  3. Yendar Augur

4. Redwinger_Xev Lorekeeper

You are so right Yendar
    My problem is 100 % cc . I am just horrible at it. maybe if i spend a few hours a day practicing this and not worry so much about getting exp for my box crew i would learn, I just need to sacrifice time and have been very reluctant for some reason. Biggest problem i seem to have is trying to pull 1 mob away from the bunch, i cant seem to spread them out far enough. I may not be pulling correctly. first i tried to use lull or mezz to pull a mob and then fade, but i cant seem to split them far enough and then i tried to use the slow spell to pull and same thing. I just need a lot of practice MY HATS OFF TO ALL YOU CC'ers , it is much harder than it looks.
  5. Yendar Augur

The problem is the CC, not tanking or healing. He’s trying to tank all 4 and not doing any DPS to cause the mobs to go inactive.

I pet tank this even with 1 healer and one dps merc. Group EM is fine. Plenty of people pet tank this event (or 90% of TBL for that matter, there are going to be things you need help with, but even if you had a max as raid geared tank that would still be the case). leave my wiz on burn. I’d practice your CC abilities on the bard as mentioned, maybe go to some trivial content for 20 minutes and practice ae mezzing. I’d drop the 2 healer mercs, just use one healer and 2 melee dps or caster depending if you’re playing songs for the mage or bst.

Keep the 3 mobs mezzed with the bard, keep your pet on the active mob and you can let the mercs kill it if you need to focus on keeping them mezzed. As soon as you kill the last mob of the 2nd weave 12/12.. run up to the ramp with the bard & make sure everyone is invised. When the lieutenants come AR mez them BEFORE they set up and spread apart.
  6. Redwinger_Xev Lorekeeper

when yo
    so i use the area mezz spell on the last 4? and just keep casting? it always seems when i try and cast the area ae spell i die before it lands. So I cast on them while they are walking?
  7. Yendar Augur

The last 4 mobs are aggro linked. You can’t pull them further apart, they’ll just reaggro. You want them bunched together, so you can see mez and don’t have to focus on the bard so much. Increasing your DPS will help tremendously, as it forces the mobs inactive and thus you take far less damage. Just keep your mage and beast invis’d until you get them locked down on the bard. Then start on one mob at a time. This will
    Be the safest method until you get more comfortable on the bard. It’s a little slow because the mobs are inactive so much... but better safe than sorry.
  8. Redwinger_Xev Lorekeeper

wow such good advise, thank you so much cant wait to try this , i will first however practice like you said for at least 20 mins on the bard in. you think house of thule would be a good spot to learn?
  9. Yendar Augur

Yes, cast on them while they’re walking down the ramp so it lands as soon as they hit the bottom... be more aggressive, don’t let them
    Set up. MUCH easier to mez them (or aggro) them Before they separate.
  10. Yendar Augur

Should work fine.
  11. Mazame Augur

I disagree with this. I did all of the quest in TBL with a bst / chanter. Pet Tanked all of the named.
    Pets can tank more then one mob but requires a lot more effort then it worth. With a bard you should be able to get most things single with out needing to tank more then one mob. How ever with a mage / bst you can do two mobs having each pet tank one if needed. Having pet tank an no real healer is not a "your going to struggle" it simply takes out of the normal thinking to approach your attack in a different way then tank and spank. Mage/bst/Bard can be very strong once you learn works.
    Spellfire and Yendar like this.
  12. Buri Augur

I just let them set up (SHM lays down a malo totem if you got one), tag 'em and hit deftdance. They all come to me, then I AOE mez (start singing it before they get to you) and single mez the ones it missed. By that time, your casters can apply their tash spells, making everything easier.
  13. Redwinger_Xev Lorekeeper

Update
    Hi all, I was finally able to complete this mission but not with my original group, I had to add my 110 enchanter to the mix
    I tried multiple times to do this with the bard and the bard had an easy time with with the first 12 mobs. however the last 4 I could not keep them pinned long enough to mezz them all. So I decided to start using the enchanter and I wish I would of done so sooner.

With the chanter I used the Beam Mezz aa to root them all and temporarily mezz. Then i mezzed them one by 1 with single mezz and slowly pulled 1 at at time with beast and dpsed them. I mostly played with the chanter and that made a huge difference. I got all my characters including my ranger into smoke Trials :)

Thanks to all who all for looking and advice you given. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Thanks!
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Yendar Augur

Enchanter makes this really easy, but you should be able to use perplexing mezzed to lock them up, glance(won’t be resisted), bite of tashani then wave. Much easier than needing to single target. I try to run both the 2nd and the boss waves up mez them as they’re coming down off the ramp. Much easier than letting them spread apart.
  15. Yendar Augur

Bite of Tashani is PBAE so after you use glance you’ll have to run up to the mobs to as trash, then run away again to ae mez again (so you don’t mez yourself) I usually hit ae slow enveloping helix at this time also.