True Box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tyrial, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. code-zero Augur

I don't believe a word you're saying
    You won't give me a single name and no one is jumping in to help you out here

Furthermore, I really don't care what some other game is doing since I've not been playing those games nonstop for the last 20 years
  2. Grailer Augur

Instances are the key to all issues that people are having .

Almost every pick had someone camping /sup mob for example.

But with no instances you lose the drama , kill stealing , camp stealing , trains ... basically all the good fun stuff that make EQ original.
  3. Captain Video Augur

Why was it necessary to necro a year-old thread to resume this argument, again?
  4. modsiw Augur

Why wouldn't it? You've made high confidence statements about boxers/botters; you shouldn't be surprised by this. Your ignorance of boxing/botting is evident, and you simply aren't qualified to make the assertions you're making. Nearly all anti-box white-knighters do this. They make wild assumptions because it fits their belief system, convince themselves its true, and don't bother to actually absorb information. How can you claim to be able to differentiate boxers vs botters without knowledge? Gut? How did you learn your skills of botter spotting? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Input mirroring to move in EQ? That would fail, spectacularly. Server/client lag, keyboard broadcast lag, graphics lag, character collisions, environment collisions.

Seriously? Google "everquest truebox vmware". This is happening. I'm a legit boxer. I desperately want people who are doing this banned, so I quit getting accused of it. DBG only implemented part of the public knowledge base for detecting running under a cooperative vm from a single vm vendor; they didn't even make use of methods given to them on a silver platter, let alone the less documented, more resilient ways of detection (missing instruction sets, additional instruction sets, hypervisor bit, descriptor table offsets, system clock resyncs). Daybreak really dropped the ball on this. DBG please sneak some of this in a patch and quietly exfil the detection back for a delayed ban wave --- pretty, pretty please. https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1009458

Nope
    You're misrepresenting Semantec's (lol) research. 82% of malware did not attempt to detect a VM. This is a never ending cat-and-mouse game between malware developers and VM vendors, most choose not to play this particular game. Static reverse engineering against morphic, obfuscated, packed code has gotten better resulting is less of a reliance on running the malware to understand it.

Right now, this very day, if you box chars from the same IP and simultaneously press the same key, you will get kicked.

The burden to substantiate a claim is on the maker of that claim; especially so when said person is needlessly obfuscating.
  5. Elemenopi Augur

Oh, a rules lawyer are ya? :p

Well then...

That rule you copy-pasta'd from some logical fallacy page on the internet only holds true in a debate, in which both parties have equal onus to state and defend a premise, and have equal access to all information on the topic.

If only one party has that onus while the other refuses to participate equally, preferring to issue challenges of claims made from the peanut gallery all the while hiding behind the perceived safety of not being beholden to a premise, then its a lecture, and the claimant assigns homework rather than doing all the heavy lifting for those attending.

We've already gone over the refusal to do the homework.

/shrug
  6. modsiw Augur

It's not a copy-paste. Those are original words. Despite being born and raised redneck, I'm educated and capable of speaking eloquently and accurately. You're accusing me of plagiarism with no evidence. Do you care to back that up? Under your reasoning, I suppose it's on me to prove that I didn't plagiarize it. Thing is, me saying it's not plagiarized is a Null Hypothesis, so I can't prove it. I guess you win so long as we play by your rules.

That aside. Why won't you share your homework? You made statements that have been challenged. Instead of backing up your position, you're acting childish. You have lost credibility.
  7. Elemenopi Augur

No premise, no challenge.
    Thank you for attending the lecture.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

And since this is now a personal attacks thread...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.