Bonus exp ended and Selos is back to Coirnav aa exp again.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hamshire, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Groans Augur

No, no hes not. This is what i would call hyperbole.
    TheChosenOne and Ulain like this.
  2. LittleBrumski Augur

Please make everything FAST about this server, not just one thing fast and another thing sort-of fast, and something else a little fast.

You are releasing the content in 1/3 of the time that previous TLPs had, but are starting XP at only about double the rate. Factoring in that more raiding is done with half the lockout time and that is even less time to grind.

IMO: XP rates should be starting at 3x RF rates and finish at least with 200% live rates at TSS, then either left alone or reverted back to live rates when the server reaches the 'live' expansion.

Im not asking for people with little playtime to be able to keep up with everything, but right now even people with a lot of playtime are not going to keep up. Heck, the guilds that are raiding the standard 3 nights a week are not going to be able to keep up with the gearing, from the looks of it.
  3. Took2summmit Elder

Good thing that's not the point. The point is people joined a server advertised as double the xp and are now asking for 3x, 4x, heck even 10x the xp.
    Barton likes this.
  4. yerm Augur

We are not getting double ragefire's xp rates. Comparisons were done for aaxp between servers, and it is not twice ragefire (when it was in luclin).

On top of that, the initial promise of fast xp was then corrected in a curved level such that by tss it is no longer fast and is the same as amy other server also in tss. Why? It's not unreasonable to want fast xp to still be fast after level 70. I would like "double ragefire" to still be double ragefire in tss, aka double the live rate.

We DO want was originally promised.
  5. Sethiroth Augur

Absolutely this. The exp potions they sell are disgustingly overpriced garbage, and I will never buy any.

They cost faaaaar too much for consumable items and their bonus is rubbish.

Sell me packs of 10 - 4 hour long, heirloom 100% exp potions for let’s say the equivelant of $10 and I’ll buy and use those consistantly until I’m up to speed on levels and/or AAs on three accounts every time there is an expansion release with a new cap.

As it is, I’ll just plod along at bog standard speed, the current potions just do not appeal at all.
    TheChosenOne likes this.
  6. yerm Augur

Quote it. You are lying.

We want double xp. When we compare our aas to what we got in luclin in other places, we expect double. When we do HoT like phinny just did, we expect... wait for it... double xp compared to phinny right now.
  7. Groans Augur

so what do you care? What are you the keeper or something? We get you dont think thats a great idea and thats fine but there is nothing wrong with asking for the ultra casual server we were originally offered, hell what is the problem making a custom server like that? And whats it to you? I wont MAKE you play there i promise, so you would not be affected.

This type of attitude is what im saying that dgb has, they refuse to give a portion of their customer what they actually want because of their preferences....
    Ulain likes this.
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Wait, did I miss HoT!

Damn devil whiskey
  9. yerm Augur

Oh. Was it underfoot? Bruh, whatever.
  10. TheChosenOne Augur

No its not.

They originally labeled Selos an ULTRA-CASUAL server, not Hardcore. Mangler was supposed to be the Hardcore server

They realized their mistake with those labels and have since changed the label to Fast progression.

Seriously, go pound sand.. so sick of posts like yours. They advertised FAST XP, to "Fly" thru all the expansions, and that is what people expect
  11. TheChosenOne Augur

Do you play on Selos?
  12. TheChosenOne Augur

Probably an RMTer that sells AoE powerleveling

AoE PLers would LOVE to see the experience come grinding to a halt.. except that there won't be any population left to buy their PL services
    Ulain likes this.
  13. Groans Augur

Anyone saying its fine is just trolling. Notice how these kind of trolls never get moderated... funny that.
    Ulain likes this.
  14. Kallo New Member

Even maintaining is one thing, anyone looking to join late, reroll, or level a new box catchup is going to be very unlikely without it taking an entire era.
  15. Punchu Augur

This thread has devolved into one idiot who doesn't even play on Selo spamming his useless opinion over three pages.

Back to the OP. This is not faster than ragefire, and definitely not "nearly double". It simply is not what was advertised.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Just set all AAs to autogrant on that server until Ring of Scale.

Also if the Underfoot treatment could be applied generally to all raid mobs/chest allowing double the loot that would be perfect for the Selos event server.
  17. Skree New Member

As some one who re subb'd to play on a server to fly through expansions and not really to raid yeah I think the exp should be faster. I don't have time to grind everyday, I would like to be over 50 before PoP. If the exp is this slow, I'll just un-sub and 2 box on a f2p server until get bored of non-social gaming.
  18. took2summit11 Augur

Dev has already said xp is working as intended and that regular xp and AA so are 2 separate bars to look at, and that AA xp will get a boost come POP.

I WANTED to play on Selos, but I looked at the rule set and decided the xp to expansion unlock ratio was absurd and decided to stay away. I am now laughing at all of you that couldn’t come to the same easy conclusions I came to.

Just to be clear, I think Selos and its rule-set are perfectly fine, they just weren’t for me.
    Barton likes this.
  19. took2summit11 Augur

Did you guys ever think of the countless people out there that would have played on Selos if there was better xp from the start, but had better than 0 reading comprehension so didn’t play on the server, and would now be very frustrated if it was suddenly/randomly increased well after the launch of the server? Just because we don’t play on Selos doesn’t mean we don’t/didn’t have a vested interest. DBG can’t change the experience rates well after the launch of the server because it would alienate people that would have played on the server had they known that from the start. And THAT is the difference between working as intended and changing the rule-set.
  20. a_librarian Augur

daybreak should care about the viability of their server and the revenue it will bring them. They shouldn't and don't care about your backwards perception of fairness
    Ajjantis and TheChosenOne like this.