Selos and rare spawns

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Groans, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Groans Augur

Arent named suppossed to spawn more often on selos? Has anyone checked? It doesnt seem any better than say agnarr.
  2. Master Kahleem Augur

Agreed, rare named spawns on Selos does not really seem that impactful. They said "double respawn rates for rare creatures", but it feels the same as Agnarr?? What gives?
  3. Fizon Elder

Man selo is such a ****show so glad I didn't waste any time there
  4. Iyacc Augur

Have you done xp in Grieg's? Named are so common that drops are rotting every time I go. We'll have 3 or 4 of the same item rotting at the same time occasionally.

Lower Guk was the same when levelling up the first week. Most of that stuff wasn't lore though.

I think rare spawns are so common in some zones it's annoying.
  5. ForumBoss Augur

Its definitely boosted in some zones, but maybe not all. Chardok and droga seemed to work fine, as did steamfont and echo caverns. I've heard velks may not be, at least in picks, but I did not spend much time there.
  6. MistaBrown New Member

I have noticed the same thing. I have talked with some friends about this. 3 people in total I know have noticed this; the observation is that it seems most apparent when you are in a pick, and not in the main zone. I have noticed the same in picks versus main instances. I say “observation” because it’s just based on experiences after agreeing that it seems to be an issue. When you get a ghoul assassin to spawn twice in 4 hours in a pick, and then move to the main instance and see him 7 times in a row, it seems like a pattern. Maybe Devs should take A look and confirm if this is by design?
  7. a_librarian Augur

I'd start a logfile when hunting these spots if you can
  8. ShivanAngel Augur

They are definately boosted, it depends on the mob how noticable it is.

If one mob has a 5% spawn chance instead of the placeholder, 10% spawn chance can seem like not that much of a boost, especially with bad rng.

IF one mob has a 30% spawn chance and goes to 60 it feels WAY more noticeable.

Do an insignia raid in SSra, you will kill the named, and almost immediately have it respawn if its down and there is a respawn spot open.
  9. Hinastorm86 Augur

I've spent alot of time in CoM on other servers, and my recent stint there on selo sure felt like more named.
  10. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Defintely more named spawns. Like people said Griegs End has so many nameds spawning its absurd. Also, when I did frenzy in velks last week the named spider that drops the gloves spawned every single time about 8 straight.
  11. TheChosenOne Augur

I dunno, I was in a group today camping Frenzy and we got like 4 Frenzy spawns in a row, 3 sets of gloves
  12. Surfrider New Member

It's definitely spotty on the named. Griegs End zone has tons of named, as does Seb, and other dungeons. But I spent about 10 hours straight camping Gimblox for the cleric epic. Heard another cleric spent 21 hours there.

But as someone mentioned, if it's a 1% chance to spawn and then doubled to say a 2% chance... its still a god awful camp. Quite a bottleneck on a 1 month progression server.
  13. Aegir Augur

Pretty sure they can only adjust spawn-rates easily on those nameds that has the global "rare creature" tag, when you con them.

There are a bunch of nameds in Classic world that lacks this tag, so I guess they would have to adjust their spawn manually.
  14. yerm Augur

There are some zones where I questioned it, grimling forest newr acrylia for example I saw more named when prepping on xegony than racing there on selo... but I think rng is just r. You can clearly see the increased rares in places like maidens eye shard camps or frenzy in lguk where you have a wealth of phs.
  15. Fumi-chan Augur

Two things:

1. If you're in a pick, the increased name spawns is not in effect. This is a bug that needs correction

2. If an NPC is not flagged with the yellow text "rare", then it isn't affected by the increased name spawn. This is less of a bug and more of DBG needing to retroactively add "rare" tag to certain mobs that don't currently have it

#1 has existed as an issue since picks were created, ie - years and years. #2 would require manually going back and fixing old code. It's hard to say how much time either would take, but it stands to reason neither is a high priority.
  16. Daimos5 Journeyman

Absolutely agree with the differential in picks. For instance we camped in a pick of Velks at the lower dogs spawn the other night for almost 4 hours. We were clearing 4 placeholders everytime they were up. We saw a total of 3 named spawns the entire time. At the frenzy camp in the main pick the night before, there were nameds spawning very consistently

Also, I got 2 "an ancient cyclops" spawns in OOT in half an hour last night. Not sure, but that seems to be an increase to me.