TBL wizard burn potential.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Critts, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Critts Augur

O.K. so here is a burn with only wizard and merc buffs and no augmentations. I forgot to remove the Shawl aug also worth mentioning that I have the Eyes of LIfe and Decay

| #1 Critts + pets 43115k@501.3k sdps (501.3k dps in 86s) {B}

I have
    The Rod of Ri'zyr as a primary
    fire-based focus of 70-120
    Magic of 70-120
    Ice of 85-123
    Ethereal of 9%
    Determental spell haste 23% + cleric merc buff

Even tho it doesn't matter on this
    Beneficial Duration 35%

I switched out my proc belt for the new Threads one (+5000 damage) due to it being the design the devs are moving toward.

I have all AAs maxed out

I also have all the type 3s related to the spells I am casting.

Pretty much did a full burn with pets, ward, attack, and cryomancy.

[Sun Feb 24 00:16:33 2019] You begin casting Silent Casting VI.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:35 2019] You mask your spell casting.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:38 2019] You begin casting Fury of the Gods LI.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:38 2019] You are filled by the Fury of the Gods.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:38 2019] You begin casting Focus of Arcanum VI.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:38 2019] Your mind fills with a focus on the arcane.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:38 2019] You begin casting Arcane Fury III.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:38 2019] You invoke the fury of magic.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:39 2019] You begin casting Arcane Destruction V.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:39 2019] You call upon arcane destruction.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:40 2019] You begin casting Frenzied Devastation XXX.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:40 2019] You feel frenzied devastation come upon you.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:43 2019] You begin casting Second Spire of Arcanum IV.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:43 2019] You focus on the second spire of arcanum.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:44 2019] You begin casting Improved Twincast VII.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:44 2019] Your detrimental magic splits with Improved Twincast.
    [Sun Feb 24 00:16:55 2019] Auto attack is on.

Started with Manaburn followed by Shocking Vortex and recast shocking as it faded. I used nexus gate to cut the parse as soon as ITC went down.

-vs- Combat Dummy Azia - Spells Cast By: Critts: 47 | Call of Xuzl XVIII: 1 | Dissident Fire: 2 | Ethereal Braid: 3 | Ethereal Icefloe Rk. III: 5 | Ethereal Skyfire Rk. III: 8 | Force of Flame IX: 3 | Force of Ice IX: 4 | Force of Will XXI: 6 | Forceful Rejuvenation: 1 | Lower Element III: 8 | Mana Burn XVII: 1 | Stormjolt Vortex Rk. III: 3 | The Nexus: 1 | Ward of Destruction XIV: 1 - Spells Cast By: Critts`s ward: 7 | Silent Fire VI: 7

Frankly I'm not impressed with our base lv of burn. And you really have to consider that im not completely handicaped. I'm wearing two really hard to get items that a new player of the class wouldn't have for a good amount of time. As well as an Ice focus that can only be obtained by completing several of the Hunters and a lot of grinding TBL mobs.

second burn I added.

my proc augmentations back in
    my spam for my Dark Shield of the Scholar and Staff of Ankexfen
    a dragon magic pot
    Trib geared mostly toward spell damage with max trophies (non TBL)
    A magma power source
    the Jann click as well as Crown of the Fire Nimbus
    the Rune of Tallon click.
    and for giggles I used a Glyph on destruction 100+ version

That is pretty much the extent of "my" ability to pump up my Damage outside of ADPS that im aware of. Saveing vet AAs of course.

I got a bit off track with my cast and I think one or two cast may not have been empowered by the Shocking vortex effect as well as not hitting the forceful regev key at the best time. the fight is shorter not sure why. This is why I would like to see actual parses instead of perfect situations. Those are very useful, but leave out the human element or "skill".

| #1 Critts + pets 53230k@691.3k sdps (691.3k dps in 77s) {B}

/GU -vs- Combat Dummy Azia - Spells Cast By: Critts: 44 | Call of Xuzl XVIII: 1 | Dissident Fire: 2 | Ethereal Braid: 3 | Ethereal Icefloe Rk. III: 5 | Ethereal Skyfire Rk. III: 8 | Force of Flame IX: 3 | Force of Ice IX: 3 | Force of Will XXI: 5 | Forceful Rejuvenation: 1 | Lower Element III: 6 | Mana Burn XVII: 1 | Stormjolt Vortex Rk. III: 3 | Tallon's Force: 1 | The Nexus: 1 | Ward of Destruction XIV: 1 - Spells Cast By: Critts`s pet: 17 | Bow Shot: 17 - Spells Cast By: Critts`s ward: 5 | Silent F ...
  2. kizant Augur

That seems reasonable without ADPS although you might not want to use Dissident until after ITC is done. I think our burns need improvement too but I'm not sure the devs would even know what's good or bad lol.
    Pirlo and Sancus like this.
  3. Critts Augur

/GU -vs- Combat Dummy Azia - Spells Cast By: Critts: 39 | Call of Xuzl XVIII: 1 | Ethereal Braid: 3 | Ethereal Icefloe Rk. III: 4 | Ethereal Skyfire Rk. III: 6 | Force of Flame IX: 3 | Force of Ice IX: 3 | Force of Will XXI: 5 | Forceful Rejuvenation: 1 | Lower Element III: 6 | Mana Burn XVII: 1 | Stormjolt Vortex Rk. III: 3 | Tallon's Force: 1 | The Nexus: 1 | Ward of Destruction XIV: 1 - Spells Cast By: Critts`s pet: 11 | Bow Shot: 11 - Spells Cast By: Critts`s ward: 5 | Silent Fire VI: 5

/GU | #1 Critts + pets 45542k@711.6k sdps (711.6k dps in 64s) {B}

no glyph
    kizant likes this.
  4. Renotaki Elder

/GU -vs- Combat Dummy Kala - Spells Cast By: Renotaki: 38 | Call of Xuzl XVIII: 1 | Ethereal Braid: 3 | Ethereal Icefloe Rk. III: 5 | Ethereal Skyfire Rk. III: 7 | Force of Flame IX: 3 | Force of Ice IX: 3 | Force of Will XXI: 5 | Forceful Rejuvenation: 1 | Frightful Force: 3 | Jann's Light: 2 | Mana Burn XVII: 1 | Pure Magical Energy: 1 | Stormjolt Vortex Rk. III: 3

/GU Combat Dummy Kala in 62s, 48239k @778040 | #1 Renotaki + pets 48239k@(778.0k in 62s) {B}

I mimicked that burn that Critts did just so we have more than one to go off of. This is about the same time that he had. I have the new raid arms, gloves, chest, helm and weapon (With an elemental Curio of Ondine Force and Bone Shards of Frozen Marrow). I didn't switch to my Rod of Ri'zyr or TBM proc belt. I do have Grelleth's Royal Seal, and a maxed Eyes of Life and Decay (which many wizards probably do not have). It might be worth mentioned that I don't have any of the chase item proc augs yet. I didn't bother hitting Ward of Destruction or lower element for this burn either, because It would not have changed these results much.
    In my raids, it is not at all uncommon for a few classes to be able to burst over one minute better than a wizard (and we both have ADPS in our groups). I do agree that wizard burst is not top tier anymore. It would be nice for the devs to give us a bump, but in all honestly I don't know if they will.
    Critts, Sancus, Pirlo and 1 other person like this.
  5. Renotaki Elder

Also forgot to mention that this was a no adps burn as well.
  6. Critts Augur

Did you have any non wizard/Merc castable buffs? Non clicky?
  7. Renotaki Elder

At the time of this burn, I only had what I could cast on myself and merc castable buffs. I also used a Mana infusion and Dragonmagic focus as consumables.
  8. Critts Augur

Just wondering if anyone has gotten all the relevant upgrades from TBL that can give a more accurate burn parse from this era?
  9. Vizier Augur

Which upgrades?
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

well raiders got upgrades but it takes me most of a year to get them.
    Arms Fire Damage 70-120 L115 > ROS Fire Damage 70-100 L115
    Hands Cold Damage 70-120 L115 > ROS Cold Damage 70-100 L115
    is that what your asking about?
    Critts likes this.
  11. kizant Augur

Plus you need the type 18/19 damage procs, upgraded 2h, and some luck over at least 40. It's not a huge upgrade all in all but it's definitely noticeable.

I still need one of the augs and not being stuck with 2 encs instead of a bard for a good parse.
    Sancus likes this.
  12. Critts Augur

Pretty much what was discribed below your post. The raid focuses for fire, magic, and the primary. The ice focus from evo gloves. The two 18 proc Augs and the two 19 proc Augs. some luck. If you wanted to include the accuracy Augs I guess they might do something.

I’m missing one of the type 18s still as well as not haveing an evo item that I can put 19s in yet.
  13. Critts Augur

I am. As well as the other raid and group gear. People didn’t want to remove proc Augs from the base line so the group gear referred is the ultra rare type 18s that grant procs. Well the evo gloves as well.
  14. Critts Augur

Hey two chanters is cheating!!
    kizant likes this.
  15. Sancus Augur

It's not as good as you might think, unfortunately. Enchanters suffer severely from diminishing returns, especially on fights that extend longer than the duration of two IoGs (most TBL fights). All of us would trade the second one for a bard in a heartbeat.
    gotwar and kizant like this.
  16. Critts Augur

Lol no I meant in the context of the thread. Namely the No ADPS rule set up in the OP. Rules are meant to be broken of course see proc Augs lol.
    You know tho I had two Druits and a Bard the other day that wasn’t bad at all.
  17. kizant Augur

Oh you still wanted a self only burn on a dummy? Well I can do one of those in a minute.
  18. Critts Augur

Woot! Why You make me wait in Anticipation so close to raid time??!!
  19. kizant Augur

It got cut short. :(

[Mon Apr 01 18:29:19 2019] You have slain Test One Hundred Three!

Test One Hundred Three in 51s, 44.13M Damage @865.39K, 1. Kizante = 44.13M@865.39K in 51s
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  20. Critts Augur

Ahh no break down ?