Alt + Tab Issues While Boxing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FVie, Mar 31, 2019.

1. FVie New Member

Hey,

I have encountered an issue where I ALT+TAB and it quits one of my accounts completely. Typically I four box and all of a sudden when I alt+tab one of my accounts the window disappears.

When I log back in on said account and engage in combat, then alt+tab to my next window it disappears once again.

Has anyone encountered this?
  2. Yendar Augur

Yes, someone was saying it has to do with the truebox software (even playing on live) and clicking the same key(s) at the same time on both accounts. I
  3. Dewey Augur

The new chat windows have caused many people to crash for several reasons. Here is the only fix I know.

Log on a trader/bot other toon that you don't care about their UI. Copy loadout for the character that keeps crashing.

Then go to the directory and search for your characters name. I delete everything(When I just deleted the config directory it still crashed. So I deleted everything that had that character's name in it)

Then I logged back in the character that I wanted to play, letting everything reset to default. Then copy layout of the other toon that I saved them all.

Now for some reason copy layout no longer copies window locations so it's super super annoying. However; if it did I am sure that my fix would not work.

I would do this for your one toon, then when you start crashing on another, I would do this for them. etc.. I had to do it to all 6 accounts, and now they are fine.

I don't use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] or any program like that. So it's not a third party problem.
  4. Israfel Elder

I’ve haven’t had any of these issues specifically, but one issues I’ve been having involves my windows all moving around if I turn my monitor off or if my monitor goes into sleep mode without me minimizing Everquest.

The only fix seems to be restarting EQ.

But sometimes when I restart it, my hotbars revert back to some odd placement.