Is Selo Exp TOO Fast Now?!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Mar 28, 2019.

1. I Love Lamp Elder

Right now yes. Some days are closer to 4 hours of raids and some there have been >8 hours worth throughout the day. Fresh server means naked toons and lots of needed loot.

Double instances and OW there is enough raiding to keep any guild permanently occupied right now. AA need to be a close to sn afterthought for a “FLY” through everquest “FAST” server which were words specifically used in the add DB posted.

>7% a kill is fast. 3% is not.
    Rile likes this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Its a raid server.

Lockout aocs are raid encounters and these are twice as fast. Everything about this server shifts the focus toward raiding so raiders would definitely want to minimize grinding aa.

I can't say how bad this gets after ldon.
    Rotlust likes this.
  3. Rotlust Augur

Selo needs to be double if not triple what it is now WITH the anniv buff and AFTER the tweak. Not everyone can get into a wizard enchanter AE group, and these seem to be the only people with ample AA. After raids and keys when the heck are we going to get AAs? I mean people are crying about them and getting keyed in underfoot on TLPs with 3 months or more! Selo AA needs to be test xp at the absolute bare minimum.

Anyone who is claiming otherwise either has absolutely nothing else to do with their time, a constant static AE group, and/or doesn't raid.

This is the 20th aniv tlp tour of EQ. It needs to be radical and new. People have aged and have lives, this is a great time to show them what they missed. Much MUCH more xp, please.
  4. Crayon123 Augur

Why do you think people were wanting 2 month unlocks instead of 1? People knew it would be too fast to collect all the AA's, keys and clear raid content month after month without significant time to dedicate to the grind. Daybreak never claimed this was a "raid-only" server, it was advertised as a fast progression server, which it very much is.
    Barton likes this.
  5. Rotlust Augur

I was one of them asking for two months instead of 1. Six weeks is playing hell on people in Luclin, and Luclin is fairly low content compared to some stuff after pop.

If it's going to stay four weeks it needs to be at least tripple exp to other tlps
  6. Lion of God Elder

Selos wasn't supposed to be a grindy server. It was supposed to be a server where you could log in, quest, raid, etc...without the time sink of having to grind. That's how it was advertised at least, and how a vast majority of the players who decided to play on Selos imagined it would be.

Thank God I didn't make a toon there. DBG backdoored all of you hard. It's going to be painful once the xp bonus ends. Whomever tries to stay relevant with in era AAs, flags, and gear...is going to have to essentially no life it in order to reach and maintain that status.
    Rile likes this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Apparently pop offers a aa boost. I'm interested to see how that plays out, but I'm already feeling the grind and as you look around more casual players are still keying.

The more I'm here the more im feeling like this is a solid ruleset for a casual. Instances galore and "faster" exp.
  8. yerm Augur

If there isn't enough time to get the aas, increase the aa rate NOT the lockout. That needs to be the selo method.
    malaki likes this.
  9. Beggly Augur

I think it's OK.
  10. malaki Augur

This.
  11. Zert Journeyman

back to same xp as other TLPs imo with bonus off...

so much for faster xp then other servers
    Gherig likes this.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Can confirm.
    Gherig likes this.
  13. Rile Lorekeeper

This server doesn't feel as advertised, the calculations on the XP boost just can't be right... 6 hours in a frenzy group and only got 3 levels, that was WITH anniversary bonus AND a 25% XP potion

This feels only a little faster than Coirnav.. i thought i would easily hit level 60 before PoP with time to grind some AAs out and im only level 52 at the moment
    Gherig likes this.
  14. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Like I said in the past ...
    ... until they realize this the exp will be a problem every day.
  15. Ceffener Augur

Not sure why more people didn’t spend the 2 months of fighting about server announcements on Selo XP needing to be HIGHER than promised. Plenty of people said 1 month was too short (NOOO leave Selo alone, go fight for Mangler, blah blah blah). Here we are now, people still want the one month, but realize it causes a problem.

Ragefire was 6 month voting unlocks.
    Selo double ragefire xp with 1 month unlocks? Lol

Minus the bug, math has always been wrong.
  16. Rile Lorekeeper

The 1 month unlocks are one of the most important aspects of this server to "FLY" thru all the expansions. That is the exact reason I came here, so I could actually see all of the later expansions that this game has to offer and likely get me to purchase the last 2 expansions across 3 accounts

Increasing the unlock timer would at least double the time it takes to get to that next expansion

For me, I had no intention of getting BIS gear and max AA in 1 month... but i did expect to have FAST experience that would allow me to casually level up toons and get some decent AA in a grind session with a group or even solo

Right now that doesnt appear to be the case, so they really need to get it fixed or I'll just cancel my 3 subs, stop buying XP potions and move over to a live server that doesnt require a subscription fee
  17. Rotlust Augur

Either make this a two month server or increase the EXP two to three times. Since it was advertised as monthly, as much as I'd prefer two months, the reality of the situation is that you NEED to make EXP at least double what it is RIGHT NOW.

In reality, key mobs should have dropped more keys and a plethora of other things to REALLY make selo's what it should have been, but if we can't even get exp right . . .
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

I didn't want to grind new aa for 1 month, let alone 2...
  19. Lefidous New Member

"ugh I hate logging in and being able to do things! XP is too fast!!!!! I want to kill mobs for 4 hours and get 1.5 AAs because thats a true everquest experience!"

Who the has ever said this . Just quad the XP and call it a day. We want alts and that isn't possible currently.