TBL Evolving Items - Question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FVie, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Tanols Augur

You have to have it equipped to earn experience to level it.
  2. Mazame Augur

I would agree the drop rate on augs is horrible. I have spent many Saturdays grinding for 18ish hours only to have seen 1 maybe 2 aug drop. Not the ones that would use or even want but I have ended up taking just to fill an empty slot. and I still have 6 slots left to fill.

The 19's are at least a little better. Take a raid group in to fire and see about 6 per clear so on avg each person walks away with 1 aug in a 3 hour clear. Compare to the 18 hours of farming named and having 1-2 drop from group content.

No slot 7/8 so you can't even put your old augs to use you have to just leave them empty.

I would love to see the Group 18 aug on the Group vendor. even if they cost 2-3k each. at least you know if you do all the mission you end up with 909 coin. So if the sold them on the vendor for 3k would have to work for it but at least at the end you would know your able to get an aug you want and will use. it would also promote running the missions and people working together to knock them out. unlike now when you go to farm aug you don't want to invite other to join you because you don't want to have to roll if one happen to drop.
  3. Spellfire Augur

I would like to see them on Group vendor and/or in mission chests.
    Mazame likes this.
  4. Tanols Augur

The risk vs reward on the type 19s is far better than on type 18s by a very large margin. Still randomness as to what is going to drop but at least you know you are going to get a min number of drops in a set time.

Type 18s are a totally different ball game I have gone 8 hours killing phs for named and only seen 2 named in that time. Same camp, same 4 named, spawned 18 times in 10 hours. 8 hr camp Zero type 18 dropped. 10 hour camp 2 dropped, one that i had already seen 4 or 5 times other one I looted just to fill a spot. So 18 hours for 1 type 18 and that one I will replace if and when I fill all slots and a better one is available.
    Another person on server camping 3 named has seen 50 type 18s drop while he is hunting for a specific one. We are talking 4-8 hours (plus) per day, every day, for over a month.

Now i get it these items and these augs are NOT supposed to be easily acquired, leveled, and augmented. It is intended and meant to be a reward for putting in the time and effort to acquire the items, the achievements, the experience to level them, and to obtain the augments. To earn enough experience to level the items to level 5 via killing place holders, named, and the occasional trash mob to farm the augments, and still have empty slots however I think is a little bit too much. To have to kill the same named that you KNOW drops a desired aug 50 times without seeing it drop a second time I think goes way too far.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Just to confirm people's findings, I got the full set of the type 19 augs I needed in 1 and a half clears (about 2 hours of work) of Plane of Fire's raid with my boxed team. It's very easy to get them to drop.
  6. Evye Augur

What about a group currency bought "tuner" to half the power of 7/8 augs to fit into type 18 slots? Make it cost like 2000 or something coin. I HATE having empty aug slots. anything would be better.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

With the next patch:
    Type 19's will be available in all TBL raid zones on raid basepop, BUT the chance to drop per kill is lower. (Found the bug. it was specific to mobs marked as elements, which happens to be all mobs in some zones. Which is why the same drop tables worked in some zones but not others)
    Type 18's have a chance to drop off of any TBL Tier 2 basepop. This includes a small second chance on the rares (this will be rare... but I'm mentioning it because it is not a bug if a rare drops 2)
  8. Yendar Augur

I have gotten 2 off a single namer in Esianti already, I believe that is a T1 zone. This is a welcome change though.
  9. Mazame Augur

So the 18's drop of the Rare names in T1 and all mobs in T2? is this a change or how it always been?
  10. Sancus Augur

He's saying after the next patch, type 18's will drop from trash in T2 zones.

It wasn't explicitly stated, but I think nothing has changed in terms of what named are able to drop augs (although, as he said, there's now a small second chance to drop one for T2 named).
    gotwar likes this.
  11. Kezik Lorekeeper

The 18s change is welcome . Not so sure the 19s drop rate needs to be reduced tho. Have had only 1 drop in a full fire clear before, and none in smoke. Please consider keeping the drop rate as is. Still a lot of people needing.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes. The existing chance on Rare NPC's is not changed. There is now an addition to all mobs, trash and rare.
    I only increased the 19 rate from original release numbers because of the bug where it didn't drop in all intended zones. With that fixed, I'm reducing it. BUT I'm also not reducing it to the original number. A compromise between the hights I set it and it's original value.
    Sancus likes this.
  13. Morthakia Augur

Hey Ngreth, hate to bring up a topic you’ve already reviewed and discussed, but can you evaluate whether a similar bug is preventing TBL Chase Loot (Descending Moon) from dropping from the majority of the mobs in the expansion? My GamParse is looking at maybe 100,000 mobs killed without a single Descending Moon drop. By comparison, I have every single one of my type 18 Whispering Midnight augs and in some cases received 10+ of certain ones (so sick of seeing Whispering Midnight Defending Magic).

On a relative basis, I’ve done excessive killing in Empyr, Aalishai, and Esianti... and a fair amount in Mearatas. Don’t frequent Stratos too much and rarely go to Smoke anymore.
  14. Gaarbage Journeyman

Trash mobs in the raids zones are ignoring pets when a PC is in melee range.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

GMM doen't have a tier associated to it

Would I be correct in assuming Type 18 won't drop from the group trash, but type 19s will drop from raid trash?
    (not looked at GMM raids yet, so forgive me if there is no trash in GMM raids)
  16. Riou EQResource

Type 19s do drop from gmm raid trash already
    Yinla likes this.
  17. ShadowMan Augur

I understand you had a vision for these items but I just don't get why this entire process keeps systematically getting made harder and harder for those that were basically following the rules completing it slower.

Some people acquired some or all of the items very early using unintended methods. Freeing them up to move on to the next part of evolving and farming augs. They kept their items and it was slowed for others.

Some people had TT as an option to solo or duo evolve at a great rate when the better option of a full grind group wasn't available. This was taken away for others.

Now those early to the plate people have had all the time needed to flip Doomfire once a week to farm most if not all of their augs. Those that were slowed during the other steps or that didn't have time to work everything in once a week aquiring items, evolving items and acquiring augs. Now once again get to run a longer race by having to farm multiple instances every week because the drop rate is being reduced.

Come on man!! You left it as it was for a few months now so leave it another few months if not permanent now for the rest of us that played more by the rules or that didn't have 8 hours a day to dedicate to evolves. Now that I am finally able to focus more on acquiring augments I shouldn't have to farm 6 different raid DZ's for augments every week when others got to flip just one for the most part.
  18. Tucoh Augur

Good change. 18s are way too hard and 19s are too easy.
    People don't need to get the drops / evolve them to farm augs.

In the April patch it's going to be easier to get fully evolved TBL items than it was at any point in TBL release. All the people who maxed out their items early on did so uphill both ways. Now with GMM, no sharing of item XP, 18s dropping from base pop it's going to be very achievable compared to what the Goodurden's of the world had to do.
  19. Cicelee Augur

Type 18 is a welcome change.

Type 19, not so much. Reducing those odds is going to reduce players wanting to kill those trash mobs (except where necessary). At least with the prior odds players would kill the trash mobs for a chance, now those who do not have any type 19 may never see one...
    Yendar and Yinla like this.
  20. ShadowMan Augur

Thats easy to say when as you state you got your augments in 1 and a half clears.

Just because more instances can drop 19's now doesn't mean he needs to then reduce the drop rate on top of it. As others have pointed out even with the current drop rate you could go an entire instance and only see 1 augment other times 8. I don't want to have to kill 6 times the mobs to get what you or the higher play time players got, ignoring standard RNG, because he opened up the drop rate to more raid DZ's. Which does nothing for the people who already didn't have time to do it all at once anyway.

The people this change would have benefited are the ones who regularly cleared the 2 current DZ's, sometimes multiple times via alt teams and wanted more ways. They are already for the most part done. The people who are not done that couldnt regularly farm the 1 or 2 DZ's won't suddenly be gaining some unfair advantage because they won't have the time or resources to exploit having 6 DZ's for farm and clear for a faster drop rate anyway. If they couldn't handle one or two zones weekly due to whatever their circumstances they certainly won't be flipping 6 to gain anything over the drop rate others have had for months. The drop rate he was perfectly comfortable with for months.

The finish line is being pushed back even further for the people who already stayed more in his vision to begin with.
    fransisco, Yinla and Spellfire like this.