A mez, extended target social (macro)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Madmax1939, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

A while back I read a post someone had made a set of socials to single mez through mobs in the extended window. He/she could just then cycle through his hot buttons numbers one through six. I think from his post I would have been able to replicate it but I should have liked the post and then I could come back to it and revisit.

Now I can't find it, can anyone on here tell me how I should build this macro I am not very good at these things but can usually set them up through lots of trial & error.

Also if you have any advice on using some of the mez aa abilities in macros, I usually just use my enchanters spell bar to make macros. Any advice would be appreciated.

I run a bst and ranger at the same time so having macros set up on my enchanter makes the most sense. I am actually going to switch out my beast even though I love playing him for a cleric I had on same account since the bst is so button intensive.
  2. Vizier Augur

the commands that were probably used were:

Mez First Mob
    /xtar 1
    /cast #
    /g Mezzing <target> Dont touch!

Mez Second Mob
    /xtar 2
    /cast #
    /g Mezzing <target> Dont touch!

etc...
    Saer-tse-tao, Yendar and Madmax1939 like this.
  3. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

Yep looked like that I will try it tonight. Thanks Vizier
  4. Yendar Augur

You play want to add a /Pause 3 in there after the 2nd line. That will give the server enough time to catch up if there’s lag and you don’t have your target selected yet. Sometimes it will cast before the target switches without the pause.

Also, while I understand you’re having problems because the best requires too much attention, I don’t think switching to the cleric will help. Clerics require a ton of attention, especially on harder encounters which means you have to do even less on your other toons.

You may want into macro’ing some more things on the BST to make it more streamlined for you, or consider an easier class that requires less attention, but I don’t think cleric is the way.
    Madmax1939 likes this.
  5. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

Thanks Yendar, I will add the pause in. I do notice slight lag problems from time to time with my autofollow social. Yea the cleric was because I already had a lvled up cleric on the same account. He was my second toon I ever rolled but I've never been much of a healer type.

I have two socials set up on Bst that I run through at the beginning of a fight to use a couple abilities and cast a few spells then I mostly just spam Z key which is mapped to his nukes then I flip back and forth between ranger and bst. Plus a social nuke button for the enchanter.
    Yendar likes this.