Does beastlord molo better than mage?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tinolien, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Tinolien Journeyman

What impact does having the slow on the beastlord have on tipping the scales one way or the other? I know mage let’s have a slight edge on one to one comparison. Especially considering the shielding buffs mates get for their pets. But does slow trump that? Named and trash mobs
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Mages can equip their pets with the slow belts I imagine. Not a cheap option but could probably be done. Bl has better utility plus can dot and melee. Honestly both are considered great solo classes I think a lot comes down to gameplay preference and skill.
  3. Tinolien Journeyman

how much will mage suffer from not having the slow?
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I don't think they do as I doubt most even equip their pet with the belt considering the cost. Conflagrant gear is not cheap.
  5. Tinolien Journeyman

I’m not asking about the belt, I’m asking if the beastlord out performs the mage in molo experience because of having slow
  6. Aurastrider Augur

I doubt they will considering mages have the best pet plus swarm pets plus swarm AA pets to cycle through.
  7. menown Augur

Both slow and cripple belts have been tested on pets. Neither proc.

Beastlords make up for their slightly inferior pets with better buffs and heals and debuffs.
  8. Bumkus Elder

i hardly every use Slow on my bst, except maybe as a pulling tool
  9. Mazame Augur

Bst and Mag are like apples and oranges
    They are both pet class Like they are both fruits.
    Other then that they are very different.
    It like asking if apple juice is better then OJ. some like one other like the other.

The question you should ask is how do you like to play.
    Do you want to be melee up next to the mob or a caster standing back to assist.

As for what one molo better. I know Mages that have done XYZ and Bst that have done XYZ. Some name are Caster friendly and other named are more melee friendly. So where a mage has the upper hand on X mob the bst will have the upper hand on Y mob. So you can't compare. you can list all the skills bst have and mages have but because they are very different you can't compare. In the end it will come down to Skill level if your play still better fits the Bst you will better preform with him, and same with the mage. Some people are better at caster and some prefer melee.
  10. Tinolien Journeyman

interesting. I guess I just assumed that while they are very different, one would have the skills, spells, abilities that would allow them to fare better in late game solo/molo play

or maybe that it was more common that named favored being a caster over melee or visa versa...
  11. Tinolien Journeyman

Also: this is on FV so I’ll have a slightly easier time getting EM items
  12. Zephiron Elder

Mage solos and molos better than beastlord. They are better dps and their pets are better. So more kills per hour with mage. Both can molo named, just play differently as stated prior.
  13. Tinolien Journeyman

Do these heals and buffs create the better pet and better ability handle late game environments?
  14. Waldagar Augur

t is hard to compare because "skill" is the wild card. Either one can molo named, unless the named has some anti-pet mechanic. Play the one you enjoy.
  15. Yendar Augur

What namers are they molo’ing? Current expansion namers?
  16. Tinolien Journeyman

skill is not a wild card. thats the most ridiculous response people keep offering. clearly we are considering "skill" a constant between players just like we would consider AA and gear on equal status when comparing the performance of two classes
    Skewert and Yendar like this.
  17. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

there's a BST (I assume raid geared) who solo/molo farms a named or two in Empyr and sells the loot. so current expansion is feasible.
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

Both classes are heavily player-dependant...

Slow is not the key factor, to answer your question.
  19. Tinolien Journeyman

Is there any key factor that sets the two apart?

Let’s assume the “player dependent” qualities of both are satisfied by the same sufficiently capable player.
    Skewert and Yendar like this.
  20. Yendar Augur

Raid geared would be completely different, I don’t see any group geared mage or bst molo’ing atbl namer... even a raid geared
    mage, I don’t think could & the raid geared beast would only be able to do a select few.