Thoughts on the 20th Anniversary

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ozlaar, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Ozlaar Journeyman

I would like to know what everyone think's of the 20th Anniversary for Ever Quest. What did they get right, and what could they have done better. I'll list my thoughts below.

1. Gnome Memorial Mountain. Good job. I think it's great that they added another zone with lots to do for the Raider's and the people who at the top end of the game.
    2. Mangler Server. Good job. I am sure that people who like playing on that kind of server will enjoy it.
    3. Selo Server. Poor job. When it was first announced it was billed as a Casual server by Holly “Windstalker” Longdale. This server is anything but casual. Experience should have been FV level experience, but it's not it's slower than normal servers. I think for the 20th Anniversary they could have at least tried to make it casual.
    4. Experience Bonus. Poor job. For the 20th Anniversary which is a BIG deal it should have been 100% and not 50% bonus.

To me just the over all feel of EQ's 20th Anniversary is like it's just another year at EQ. EQ's 20th Anniversary is a "BIG" deal. Not many games reach 20 years with the player base that EQ has right now. They should have done more to celebrate it. One thing they could have done was to finish the Necro spell redo. They could have added a one of the Races to another class as they did with the Beastlord. There are more things they could have done but don't have the time right now to list them.

Anyway, give me your thoughts. Would love to read them!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Ksenija like this.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

1. good
    2. who cares
    3. who cares
    4. good
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

1 Good, just a shame 1 of the group missions is borked and the other 2 share a lockout timer. But I love the zone, just wish I could kill gnomes!
    2. Good, from what I've seen Mangler is the server all the casuals were asking for
    3. Selo is FAB! Loving it! Only spent around 10 hours there and I've hit level 21, done some tailoring and found some very friendly players. Loving the return to Luclin :)
    4. Good, but if it was my decission I would have made it last for 20 days not 16.

Celebrations feel a little flat this year, was hoping for a cool item or something to remember it by. I was excited by the prospect of getting something unique but sadly it wasn't to be. None of the anniversary content gives coins to purchase goods from the special vendor, you need to do the old stuff to get them. Also disapointed to see achievements not giving rewards (except collects).

But hey ho, thems the breaks.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

I definitely like the new zone, and I snagged the unicorn the other day from the anniversary vendor. Otherwise, it was a bit lackluster for me as a major anniversary (as someone who doesn't do progression servers).
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Foxpaws Dragonlover Lorekeeper

You had my attention at Unicorn. I'm brand new to the live servers atm. Is this a limited time mount or familiar or something? Or will it stick around for later purchase?
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It is available for a limited time, but will be around every year.
    We won't put anniversary coins on permanent content that can be repeated (One-time permanent is okay)
    We'll be adding some rewards to the achievements. If you already completed them, you'll receive the reward when the achievement updates (Usually on login after we patch the change)
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This is my view on the OP's 4 points, but I would add that it would be nice if there was a reward of some kind for completing the 20th Anniversary Challenge. I mean even if it was just a fluff weapon ornament, a title or suffix, or a fireworks clicky that would explode and have 20th appear over our heads (and that's being done; what I get for being a slow poster lol).
  9. Foxpaws Dragonlover Lorekeeper

I hate that I'll have to wait a year before I'm at a level I can do these, but at least I'll have another shot at a unicorn next year I guess. Thanks for the info.
  10. Dahaman Augur

1. It was great to add content at the top end... a missing stepping stone content for TBL. Kudos!!
    2. Mangler (and its XP) was where TLPs should start for a long duration TLP. Great Job!
    3. Selo is an excellent event server. It is a server to level up casually to max level over a two year span with other characters near your level. It's also great for a racing raid server. Amazing!
    4. The bonus XP is always nice. It's at the right level to be taken for granted and be non-memorable. Is that a good or bad thing? does that even matter?

The established TLP servers were practically left out of the 20th anniversary event. They shared the 50% bonus XP and the 40-slot bag to purchase, true, but that's it. That feels a little flat.

For Coirnav, the release of Mangler 1 year early in the release cycle for that style of TLP with the better XP rate... that simply stings. Coirnav will bump XP in 4 months with the release of Gates, but until then, ouch!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.