@devs Selo AA Exp not effected by bonus

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vexn, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xhieron Elder

Luclin hasn't been cleared by typical players with average play time. Mepp pointed out previously, rightly, that discussions about as-advertised experience rates and appropriate experience rates aren't the same thing. 2 AA might very well be standard for Luclin, but my memory of experience rates from 16 years ago is pretty foggy. Either way, that doesn't answer the question of what's appropriate for a fast server. If 2/hour was standard for Luclin with Luclin's original bad AA experience rates, then it should certainly be faster than that on a server billed as fast, shouldn't it?

A reasonable casual player should expect to level to the expansion's cap and gain enough essential AA and equipment to not be behind at the opening of the next expansion. At this rate I don't believe such a player could expect to do so (even disregarding the notion that on a classic launch server the players would already be 60 at the time of Luclin's launch--even if players were given level 60 characters on 3/16 the AA rate would be off-putting enough that many would burn out), by consequence of which many players will fall behind or, worse, become disillusioned and quit.

Finally, as to the us v. them stuff: I know a lot of people are rooting for Selo to fail out of some misanthropic belief that they can improve Mangler's long-term prospects by poisoning the well with respect to Selo's future, but it's worth a word to disavow you of that. "We" chose the ruleset blind, as advertised. It was billed as fast, and we voted for fast. We're lobbying now that the ruleset should reflect the thing we signed up for. If it fails to do that, if it proves to be unsustainable, and if despite our best efforts we can't meaningfully keep up with the server's progression without abandoning our real-world priorities, then we're not going to throw up our hands and go play on Mangler or Agnarr or Coirnav or P99. We're going to unsubscribe and go back to whatever other games we were playing before the 16th.

It's a fast server. We want it to be fast. That's the ruleset we chose. If it's not fast, it should come as no surprise to see people asking that it be faster. If you don't want it to be fast--well, there's a server for you where you can go have a slower experience if you want. Showing up to ridicule people for their legitimate, experience-based criticisms of the server's advancement rate, especially coming from people who don't play on and have no interest in playing on Selo, is the embodiment of wrongfun.
    Rile, Elyani, Tornat and 1 other person like this.
  2. Crayon123 Augur

Selo AA speed is fine. It's almost too fast with the bonus.
  3. Lateryn Augur

Ok troll. And it can't be "too fast". Especially once it hits 1 month expacs with hundreds if not thousands of AA to get.
    Xhieron, Icaen, Tornat and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tankage New Member

Thank you for letting us know you are working on it
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have identified the issue, and expect to hotfix Selo this week.
    Yinla, Gana, SirLord and 5 others like this.
  6. Machentoo Augur

Wait, so it is NOT working as intended?
    Rile likes this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

I got this.
    JBizzle likes this.
  8. a_librarian Augur

9. Rotlust Augur

Please consider extending the xp bonus when it's fixed. I'm happy about this, but I have to admit I still feel ab it tilted that it took so much to get anything done about this. People dump barrels of money into this.
    Volts likes this.
  10. escapegoat New Member

First response: "working as intended (TM)"

Two days later: "NVM we're fixing it"

Truly, they've brought back all aspects of the Classic EQ experience!
    Rile and Volts like this.
  11. Lefidous New Member

A "fast" server that gets 2 AAs per hour in a decent group.

Now that right there is a joke. Should be getting 4 AA per hour in a "normal" group.
  12. Tankage New Member

Look, we flame them when they do something wrong they clearly have taken the time to listen to us and now are giving us what we wanted - THANK YOU!!!!! We appreciate you Devs, thank you.
    Rile and Ishbu like this.
  13. SirLord Journeyman

Thank you. Care to elaborate on what was found? Many folks are curious...
  14. Ishbu Augur

Wow people. Sometimes problems are very unique and hard to pin point. As this community loves to remind everyone they are adults with lives and families, surely you have encountered strange problems at some point in their life.

Let's me happy that feedback was listened to so that a deep dive could locate and resolve the problem
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We will have Selo downtime today at 11AM PT to get this change out.

The one-day turnaround fix isn't *exactly* the ideal solve, but base AAXP gains before any other bonuses will be essentially doubled, as we originally wanted.

We expect to refine the method here in our next update so we can more easily pinpoint and/or adjust numbers more precisely going forward. Feedback welcome as always.
    Yinla and Ishbu like this.
  16. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

What about the 12 days of lost 50% bonus EXP -- Are you going to extend that?
    Volts likes this.
  17. Volts Elder

Thanks Mepps. Any indication on how much it will be increased to in the future? Some of us are trying to figure out if we want to stay here, and that won't be enough for most. Thanks again.
  18. Ceffener Augur

100% was always indicated it would be slower than live. So while you may be able to get it adjusted, the decision to play on Selo should be made under the assumption xp/aaxp rates will be slower than live until they reach live levels. Because that was what was advertised and promised.
  19. Volts Elder

Even if it stays this way, I don't regret going there to play as an event server. If they up the exp, I will stay long term, but I guess maybe I should go log in again and see how it is before I make any decisions. No regurts. You keep quoting me trying to "dunk on me" or w/e but you are wasting your time with me. Hope you are enjoying Mangler, have a good day!

20. Ceffener Augur

I’m quoting you because literally no one should expect XP rates HIGHER than live, but many posters have lost that part of the announcement when choosing the server. (As seen by many posters thinking rates would be the same as Test).

You know it’s possible to play on two servers right?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.