Question for Boxing Tank

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FVie, Mar 27, 2019.

1. FVie New Member

Alright, second thread in two days for a returning player here. Currently I box a Beast, Rogue, and Bard (weird set up I know, but I like these classes). I am considering adding either a Paladin or Warrior to the group to tank recent content (EoK through TBL) more effectively. Which tank class would be better with my setup as the Beastlord pet just isn't cutting it anymore?

I am inclined to go with a Paladin as I use to play one way back when and I recall the heal procs and off-heals from spells/abilities a great tool while tanking tougher mobs. Are warriors equally survivable these days? Help me decide, great Veterans :)
  2. Bumkus Elder

Your group should be able to handle trash all day long with bst pet, so i assume you are looking for a real tank to handle lots of mobs at once or tougher named mobs or mobs that ignore pets when players are in melee range.

Since you dont have a real healer class in there, you'd need a tank that can lock aggro while surviving a couple min with minimal healing. while you burn down with Bst/Rog. I've been thinking War because of their defensive disc, but i'm not sure how they do with AE aggro compared to other tanks. AE aggro is another thing your group is sorely missing as you may have noticed. I'd be tempted to try SK.
  3. Morthakia Augur

For a group without a real healer, I’d suggest a knight (Paladin or SK). SKs are really good at keeping themselves alive while dealing damage (better than Paladin), but they won’t be able to keep the group up in the event you’re taking any AE damage. Paladins really shine there and would be the best fit for your group if you’re doing EoK+ progression. Warriors can absorb hits the best but I’d put them last on the list if you’re dealing with a merc healer.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Kind of depends on how you plan to box the tank. The knights tend to be more "active" while tanking than a Warrior (i.e. have to push more buttons to stay alive), but they come with more overall utility.