@devs Selo AA Exp not effected by bonus

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vexn, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleBrumski Augur

That's the problem. They started off with the idea of a "casual" server then absor makes a post saying casuals don't care about gear. He's wrong. Casuals do want gear, many would like to raid, the time investment required to raid several days a week and grind out xp on the earlier tlps was prohibitive.

Look at how many more people started raiding when they added aocs. That's a casual move, making raid content more accessible.
    Rile likes this.
  2. Tankage New Member

Crickets..not surprised..can’t even begin to see why they won’t make an adjustment..absolutely piss poor. RIP Selo we barely knew yee
  3. Tornat Augur

hope update today , Was really looking forward to it being boosted today , at lest before the weekend .
  4. AgentofChange Augur

To give them some credit, they have done well listening recently. They changed the initial rulesets of the servers, they combined loy & ldon I think? something like that for Selo after getting feedback on it. I am reasonably confident they will try and fix the xp problem.

I would say they have until the xp bonus wears off to make the change. It is currently bad, even with the bonus, but people could probably survive the week. Hopefully we get a response by friday, which I think would be reasonable.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Selo is not a casual server. It is a fast server. It is under this fact that we are looking at the feedback and options. We are still looking into all of the above.
    Yinla, Elyani and Bobbybick like this.
  6. ZeeK Elder

Thank you for the reply Mepps. Yes it is a fast server so I hope the team decides to bump AA xp up please.
    Xhieron likes this.
  7. Tornat Augur

has nothing to do with causal or hardcore . AA xp is not fast on a fast server. thanks for the update.
    Xhieron likes this.
  8. Domniatric Augur

In my mind you can play Selo's however you want. It is a very personal and subjective thing. I plan to play on the more casual tip and skip the raiding. I just want to experience all these expansions I've never played before. I am sure plenty people are raid fiends. I don't really see how there is a wrong way. But there is a very objective fact about Selos. The expansions are being released at a very accelerated pace. The experience gains should reflect that so we can all keep pace with content releases. I also feel like the keying process should be made easier. Maybe unlock some raid zones or somehow accelerate the different keying grinds. Like are people really trying to get to 60 + AAs + key for emp + kill emp + key for VT + raid VT all in a month? ugh...Like, what happens to me as a casual non-raider when PoP rolls around? Am I just going to be locked out of the vast majority of the content because I don't feel like poop socking with a guild like its a full time job?
  9. Kallo New Member

It shouldnt be a hard choice, they have logs and massive numbers of hardcore TLP loyalists telling them this isnt right. Just slap a bandaid on it quick and appease people.
  10. Volts Elder

DBG is dropping the ball here. Many people don't follow the forum very closely, there are quite a few EQ players out there who have never browsed these forums. I was telling my buddy last night that we had some old guildies on Mangler, and he he had absolutely no idea that they had upped the exp rate on Mangler, dude is a hard core raider with mass play time, doesn't come to the forums. He picked servers based off of the original announcement and showed up on launch. The random person who googles "what server everquest", will likely not browse the forums, they will look at the official announcements on the website and move on. It would be an easy fix. Take as long to put in the ticket as it would for the person to change it. Nothing against OP or the post, but DBG should update their website.

11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

12. Rotlust Augur

I spent six hours last night trying to get a shard from FG without getting one and hardly any xp. Even with tripple or quadruple AA xp, this server wouldn't be casual. There is a difference between hardcore and unsustainable.
  13. Volts Elder

EDIT - pasted the wrong link in my original post!

Mepps. This link below comes up as the third restult if you google search "everquest mangler server". If you google search "new everquest servers", it comes up as the first result.

Has this quote:

The Mangler Progression Server will be a more hardcore server that is tuned to feel similar to the original EverQuest launch - perfect for those who are looking for a challenge. Experience rates will be slightly lower than those on other Progression Servers, and players will lose more experience on death.

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-selo-mangler-progression-server-20th-anniversary-2019
  14. Kallo New Member

Right its supposed to be a fast server yet parts of it are slower than past TLPs, some VT shard camps are even slowed down due to increased rare spawns.
  15. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Aside from the initial launch of Selos (and please forgive me, I don't play on Selos) it seems like this server has quite a few people that are playing to get a fresh start but with the aim on making it to later expansions. That's something sort of new for TLPs - previously, you'd need quite the time investment to make it to later expansions.

It honestly seems to an outsider that both massively increased exp as well as less-demanding keying processes would be beneficial to the long-term health of Selos (faster exp + less time spent keying that can then be translated to more of the fast exp).
    Icaen likes this.
  16. Zert Journeyman

lol normal xp to me is not fast enough aleast they said faster then ragefire go on ragefire right now as a 55 solo you can get about same xp rate..

that's with bonus without it slower imo

aa xp at lower 50s you get like 10% a kill btw
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thank you for finding that one. It is now updated.
  18. Ceffener Augur

The FAQs have also not been up to date, but I’m guessing that’s why they are now pulled down.

So sorry, multiple parts of the website were not up to date.

Q: What’s the XP rate on Mangler?
    Earning experience on the Mangler server will be faster than original EverQuest at launch, but slower than every other progression server.

https://www.everquest.com/news/mangler-progression-server-faq-2019
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We believe we are on to something. Appreciate your patience.
    Yinla, Gana, Tankage and 1 other person like this.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm under the impression that VT is the last real bad key. POP has keying, but you can also 85/15 non-keyed players in. So, the first week will be keying for hardcore guilds, but in general I don't believe anything is ever as bad as VT. I'm not sure how the game is going forward, but everything seems to get a little bit "easier" over time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.