(Monk) Classic gear question

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Quik, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Quik Augur

So I won a roll on a FBSS so I figured I would start a monk.

Right now I have the following for him:
    FBSS
    2 x Serp Bracer
    2 x 4AC/45HP Rings
    Exec Hood

Should I just fill out the rest with Wu's or are there any other slows I should get before filling in with Wu's?

Any 1h blunt I should look for or just stay fists?

Any special earrings or just basic +3 Str earrings?

Not looking to spend a fortune just some good twink gear that will last awhile.
  2. Ulain Journeyman

https://wiki.project1999.com/Monk#Gearing is a good start

Not sure what you consider a "fortune" but with the Hole opened up a few days ago, Mudman Enforcer and Smoldering Brand would be the 1HBs of choice. Price has been about 900 for ME and 1000/1kr for the brand. Otherwise fists work just fine; grab Magic gloves (Netted, Mesh work just fine, Wu's if you are already crafting most of the set, I guess).

I would argue WR bags are also an important piece of gear for Monk since you lose LOTS of AC for going over the stone limit. The heirloom 40 slot bag comes with 3 xp pots for 20 bucks, totally worth it. If not, a Bag of Sewn Evil Eye seems to run for 100 tops.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

WR bags, stuff that increases dex, agi, str, and sta, and bare fists most unless you get something with a better ratio which is unlikely to happen. Might try camping the mosscovered twig, I am assuming that they will have them drop for a set period of time on both of the new Progression servers.